• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• Cartmann99

• fraurosena

image.png.9eb777fa92c2883c59076f09004c8cfc.png

"Oppress My Threats"

The trend among MAGAts to be as vile and corrosive as possible is continuing, this time into school board meetings. What’s next? Going to nursing homes to pee in pudding, or daycare centers to steal juice boxes and string cheese?

The history of school board meetings is that school board meetings are boring. Even members of school boards don’t want to go school board meetings. A lot of school board members take the job only because someone has to do it, and if they don’t, then some atrocious toothless MAGAt-type person might take the spot. It would be like appointing someone like Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, or in Virginia, electing someone like Glenn Youngkin as governor. Your kids would be taught how white Jesus, a Republican, sailed with Christopher Columbus to discover America and invent Pop Rocks.

Over the past few months, there haven’t been as many Trump rallies for MAGAts to attend where they can scream with their white nationalist buddies over stolen elections and the Great Replacement theory. There have also been fewer Black Lives Matter protests for them to disrupt and cause fights so it appears all BLM protests are violent. There hasn’t been another insurrection at the Capitol for them to take part in. All they’ve had since January is Fox News and school board meetings? What? Why school board meeting?

Why school board meetings? Because it’s a great opportunity to mask screaming and threating as caring about your children. That’s why. This started under politicians like Ron DeSantis who tried to ban mask mandates in his state and make saving lives illegal. This went from one stupid racist governor being a gaslighting asshole to MAGAts threatening educators.

For months, Trump cultists have been going to school board meetings to scream conspiracy theories while frothing at the mouth, disrupting meetings, and often being removed after making threats. They’re opposing mask mandates, vaccines, and Critical Race Theory which is not being taught in ANY FUCKING PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN AMERICA, YOU DILLWEEDS!!! Sorry for shouting.

These are the same idiots who lost their minds over more vegetables being included in school lunches. They oppose free lunches, feeding poor kids they insisted upon being born, and when they are fed, they oppose feeding them fruits and vegetables. Every school day should be half-rack of ribs on bacon sugar pizza day.

These threats have gotten to the point that the National School Boards Association felt they needed to write President Joe Biden and ask for help. They wrote that education leaders are feeling unsafe. And they should feel unsafe as these “concerned parents” are screaming during meetings that they know school board members live. In one video, they’re in the parking lot blocking school board members from driving away in their cars, warning they better not leave their homes.

Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Department of Justice is directing the FBI and each US Attorney to meet with local officials and discuss strategies for addressing these threats. This is pissing conservatives off, who believe threatening educators and anyone who might be literate is free speech protected by the First Amendment.

The directive to each U.S. attorney in the nation mentioned, “Threats against public servants are not only illegal, they run counter to our nation’s core values. In the coming days, the Department will announce a series of measures designed to address the rise in criminal conduct directed toward school personnel.”

The school board association equated some actions to “domestic terrorism and hate crimes” and asked federal law enforcement to review some actions under “Gun-Free School Zones Act, the PATRIOT Act, in regards to domestic terrorism, the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act,” and more.

As I said, Republicans believe threats are free speech and just a little dissent, but then again, they think an insurrection to overturn an election and install a fascist dictator was just a little protest. Rand Paul, who also runs counter to our nation’s core values, said, “When you start to criminalize dissent, when the head of the federal government, through the president, through the Department of Justice, is saying you might be a domestic terrorist if you raise your voice, I think that’s appalling and is chilling and is very, very dangerous.”

No one is criminalizing dissent. What’s already criminalized is making threats. As usual, white conservatives are playing the victim card and pretending to be the most persecuted people in the history of the world again. Going after white conservatives for making death threats is an attack on parents. Why can’t white people make death threats without being hassled about it? When will white conservatives finally catch a break in this country?

One school board member in Nevada said she received a letter stating, “We know how to take care of you, we know where you live.” She said, “I was doxxed with my personal information online” and she received pictures of people being hanged, shot, and guns to let her know the ones making threats have guns.

Of course, not every threat means an action will follow, but every threat is a real threat. Every threat is real to the person being threatened. When a troll sent me a picture of the front door of a former apartment I lived in, thinking that was my current address, I was relieved to know he got the wrong place but still concerned he bothered to go to the trouble of looking it up. Who says he won’t try again? When a school board member is threatened at a meeting and later receives a photo of people being hanged, the educator is going to take that threat seriously.

When a Florida Trump cultist living in a van by a river sent non-working Trump bombs to Trump critics, Republicans said it wasn’t serious since no one died. But these same people get upset and claim they’re being attacked when they’re mailed an envelope of baby powder. I don’t care if I receive a box of Play-Doh with a candle wick stuck in it, I’m taking it as a serious threat. Hell, I wasn’t real thrilled with the gynecology instrument someone sent me, and I still don’t know what it means.

Threatening lives is not free speech. Defending goons who make threats under the umbrella of the Constitution you recently tried to destroy while pretending you’re caring about children is vile and disgusting. It’s also complete and total bullshit. But you got to vile and disgusting five years ago when you ditched your humanity, so this is just business as usual for you MAGAts. But it’s really weird to see elected officials defend threatening elected officials.

To Republicans in Congress, I don’t make threats. I make promises and my promise is I’m going to draw you again and again.

I know where you live.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20211012_hall1.JPG

I get this, since I'm someone with a zillion old songs in my head, but I wonder how many other people would - it's not exactly a currently popular song! Heck, Pence himself was only five years old when it came out!

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic