IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Oh god he is the guy who buys his wife the gift he wants. Who wants to bet who uses that pen more?

Like Homer buying Marge a bowling ball. With “Homer” engraved on it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 25

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True story. In 2004, I wanted the newly released IPod. At first, my husband, a tech geek, tried to tell me that no device could do what the IPod purported to do. Anyhow, he did buy it for me as a combined Christmas/Bday gift as my birthday is right before Christmas. Forward a couple of months and he asked me if he could borrow my IPod for a business trip he was taking. I never saw that IPod again. Yes, he deleted all my songs and kept it for himself. Occasionally I remind him of that stunt. I also pull occasional jackass stunts. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Haha 19

I don’t think Jeremy bought it to use himself and I doubt Jinger will use it except in posed Instagram image, possibly signing their new book.

Jeremy bought it to show off how classy they are and to give a mention to the supplier, in the hope he will become their pen ambassador or something.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

50 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t think Jeremy bought it to use himself and I doubt Jinger will use it except in posed Instagram image, possibly signing their new book.

Jeremy bought it to show off how classy they are and to give a mention to the supplier, in the hope he will become their pen ambassador or something.

A pen ambassador 😂 

• Haha 22

17 hours ago, Pibblesmiles said:

Aren't yellow roses supposed to symbolize platonic friendship, not romantic love?

Jealousy! Perhaps she’s jealous of his pen fetish. (The florists assure us that it’s friendship now.)

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ahhh, but we know what happened when Marge took up bowling with her Homer ball 😁

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I must admit to being a fountain pen user and have been for years. I love the way they write because you don't need a lot of pressure and a good nib moves really smoothly across paper. Another bonus is being able to change ink colour depending on my mood. I'm not going to call it pretentious but it is definitely a choice. One day one of them will be spotted in the wild with a massive spreading ink stain around a shirt pocket as the inevitable leak happens...... 

If that pen is the model that I think it is (Estie Honeycomb, AUS $359.00), then it's quite a ways out of my price range. Over the years I have bought a few second hand ones off eBay and there's some really good options at the lower end of the price range for Lamy and Pilot fountain pens.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Good grief! $359 for a pen? Where do they get their money? Fountain pens are nice but for them that seems excessive.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

fucking pretentious gits 

Yes I am judging them on their pen choices 

so not buy used and save the difference 

Buy a bic pen and give the rest to charity

Normally I am all for your money spend it how you please (especially some one like jinger who has been deprived all her life of normal living).

But people like them are shoving their way of living down other people's throats while not following it themselves 

Fuckers 

that is all 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

fucking pretentious gits 

so not buy used and save the difference 

Buy a bic pen and give the rest to charity

Normally I am all for your money spend it how you please (especially some one like jinger who has been deprived all her life of normal living).

But people like them are shoving their way of living down other people's throats while not following it themselves 

Fuckers 

that is all 

Well, yea. And it’s not something I would buy, but people spend that on a spa day, or a weekend get-away, or a kitchen-aid mixer —- when you could just do your own facial with some $3 face mask from Target, or go camping, or buy the $20 mixer at Rite Aide. And I don’t think Jeremy and Jinger have ever even hinted at being frugal. That’s her parents. 

• Upvote 7

I’m just judging them hardcore for being so tacky. Spend your money on whatever you want, but it is tacky as hell to post your expensive purchases on the gram.  Its incredibly cringe worthy to do that.  It’s funny a bit because they are trying so hard to be part of a certain class, but people who are actually in those circles don’t do that. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

36 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Well, yea. And it’s not something I would buy, but people spend that on a spa day, or a weekend get-away, or a kitchen-aid mixer —- when you could just do your own facial with some $3 face mask from Target, or go camping, or buy the $20 mixer at Rite Aide. And I don’t think Jeremy and Jinger have ever even hinted at being frugal. That’s her parents. 

On one episode, the Vuolos were filmed selling stuff prior to their move from TX to CA. They sold the leftover house paint during the yard sale, and Jinger made a snide remark about Jeremy selling it for too low of a price. Jeremy commented that he “didn’t go to the JB school of marketing.” 
Most people leave the old paint for the new buyers in case they want to do touch ups post moving in.

I’d say where other people are concerned, much like JB, the Vuolos are frugal.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I too am judging Jeremy.

However, a good pen is lovely . When I was studying for my boards I bought a very expensive (for me) fountain pen. It was just a pen but somehow it made all that studying and note taking just a bit more tolerable. Not only that but I used that pen for years and this saved me from constantly having to buy cheap replacements or contributing to landfills with all the used up cheap pens.

Sometimes it makes sense to buy one expensive thing but good quality thing that lasts a long time vs something cheap that wears out/stops working in a short time. I still don't like Jeremy though.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

57 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I too am judging Jeremy.

However, a good pen is lovely . When I was studying for my boards I bought a very expensive (for me) fountain pen. It was just a pen but somehow it made all that studying and note taking just a bit more tolerable. Not only that but I used that pen for years and this saved me from constantly having to buy cheap replacements or contributing to landfills with all the used up cheap pens.

Sometimes it makes sense to buy one expensive thing but good quality thing that lasts a long time vs something cheap that wears out/stops working in a short time. I still don't like Jeremy though.

I’m going to state the obvious here…I doubt Jinger, a woman who grew up in a family that used disposable diapers (despite having had a baby every year for 20 years)  and paper products for all meals, considered recycling and Mother Earth when she bought the pen. I applaud your reasoning and efforts, but refuse to do the same for these twits.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

I use expensive skin care products and like nice shoes. My husband likes to spend money on his record player. The difference is we aren’t all pious and shoving our beliefs down people’s throats or showing off our stuff on social media. Did she even want this? My guess is no. I guess she can use her fancy new pen while she’s at book stores signing her latest literary masterpiece. 🙄 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I’m trying to think of anything I go expensive on for myself. Cetaphil I guess? Lol. I have eczema and sensitive skin so I go through that shit like you wouldn’t believe. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

I too am judging Jeremy.

good point, noted he he he by typing not writing lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m trying to think of anything I go expensive on for myself. Cetaphil I guess? Lol. I have eczema and sensitive skin so I go through that shit like you wouldn’t believe. 

This is something I’ve always struggled with. I’ve gone up and down multiple times from very poor to middle class. I’m a naturally frugal (ahem..cheap) person. Times when I’ve HAD the extra money to splurge on fancy coffees, or picking up take out, or buying something just because I feel like it are both hard and really enjoyable. It’s something I’m trying to just let go and do more of without thinking about it. Life is short. I’m old, and I don’t care if I’m pretty damn poor — I want the good face cream and my hair color to come from  a professional instead of a $5 box. 

That said - Jinger’s post sure looks like a promo to me - I doubt she bought the fancy pen. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

They tag everything they show on Instagram- even down to coffee. If they don’t tag it then I think you can assume they were refused a discount.

Jinger has a huge following so will be eligible for a lot of the influencer perks.

• Upvote 4

My items that I do spend a bit more on is coats and shoes, for myself and my kids. I like to have a decently made coat and a solid pair of shoes

In saying that, I certainly wont pay full price! My sons new winter parka cost me £58 from Tresspass, its full price is £229! Hell no way would I pay that 😂

• Upvote 8

@IsmeWeatherwax trespass is great. Bought a couple of things on sale a few years ago. Amongst others, a jacket that perteineth to a man. My o my. What can i say, i love extra pockets, the size fits, maybe not that super fitted, but it's supposed to keep me warm, and it does. I also strongly dislike pink and the 'pink tax'

J&J are obnoxious. I sometimes spoil myself too, but i don't need to tell everyone about it. I guess pics or it didn't happen? 

Can't have that, people thinking that their extra godly marriage isn't better than your regular heathen marriage...

• Upvote 4

I have a fountain pen question. Completely sideways - not related to J&J. 

I think I was told that fountain pens wear down to your specific writing style - your pressure on the nib etc. I write differently depending on mood. Sometimes it's lovely and scripty - some times it's half print/half script - it just depends. I've always assumed that the wear patterns on the nibs would be different for each of those ways I write - so what does the nib do? Does it wear down weirdly and have the ability to make ALL of that smooth? This is kind of why I haven't ever gotten one. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic