IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

When she loses, she should hire Orly Taitz to file a lawsuit against the celestial beings who didn't fulfill their end of the contract.

• Upvote 3

Jesus I left Dubuque just when things were getting interesting.

New documents are shedding more light on an increasingly public feud within the Dubuque County Attorney’s Office that will spill into November’s election.

Assistant Dubuque County Attorney Richard Kirkendall, who is running against current Dubuque County Attorney C.J. May this fall, released a redacted version of an agreement and apology letter he was told he needed to sign in order to keep his job. Kirkendall claims he has been the target of politically motivated personnel matters since announcing he would run against May for Dubuque County Attorney this Fall. May told TV9 Kirkendall is the only person politicizing his workplace issues and said Kirkendall’s accusations are “100% false”.

The unsigned agreement accuses Kirkendall of ignoring a direct order from May, his superior, and sending an email on March 18th to other Assistant Dubuque County Attorneys that disparaged an unidentified staffer and May. Among other things, Kirkendall’s email said the staffer has “no natural aptitude” and accused May and the staffer of having an inappropriate relationship.

The agreement goes on to set conditions for Kirkendall to return to work, including sending a pre-written apology note to both May and the unidentified staffer that Kirkendall describes as “groveling” and likened to Soviet letters forced on political prisoners. In a blog post, Kirkendall says he refused to sign the agreement but insists he wants to come back to work. May told TV9 that Kirkendall had decided to quit his position, but Kirkendall claims that is not true.

Disclosure: the current county attorney and his wife are good friends of mine and I think he's done a fine job even though I don't live there any more.

Jesus, dude, enough with the persecution complex.  Turning what looks to me like an employee discipline issue in to a political performance act...ugh.  I'd tell this clown to quit right now before he winds up being an agenda item for the bar discipline people in Iowa.  Of course he'll probably shoot himself in the other foot and both knees and claim they're conspiring against him. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

How nice of Cancún Cruz to make the trip up from Cancún to appear at this bund meeting.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

How nice of Cancún Cruz to make the trip up from Cancún to appear at this bund meeting.

I'd ask Pennsylvania to keep him, but that wouldn't be fair to the sane Pennsylvanians.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'd ask Pennsylvania to keep him, but that wouldn't be fair to the sane Pennsylvanians.

No doubt Canada wouldn't want to keep him either. 

• I Agree 6

Some more on the county attorney issues in Dubuque.  (Sorry Iowa's "Newspaper of the year" is paywalled but I included a few lines).

A Dubuque County Attorney’s Office employee said she resigned this week due to the lasting effects of being harassed by a colleague who is running to lead the office.

Meanwhile, that attorney continues to assert that the woman’s harassment complaint was prompted by the sitting county attorney whom he is running to unseat.

Documents and communication provided to the Telegraph Herald show months of tension between County Attorney C.J. May III and Assistant County Attorney Richard Kirkendall, much of it revolving around Victim Witness Coordinator Ali Newsom.

Newsom confirmed to the Telegraph Herald that she filed the harassment complaint against Kirkendall on March 22. Kirkendall said earlier this week that he was cleared in the ensuing investigation into the complaint but that he was being fired for other incidents of alleged insubordination.

May's primary opponent said the office should be run more like a law firm.  From what I can see it is.  If an attorney at a law firm went off the rails like this guy did he (or she for that matter) would be gone and a referral to the state agency for attorney discipline would have already been made.  He's getting a slight bit more protection because it's a government job and the assistants are all union employees. 

If he had concerns about her performance there were ways to express those concerns without being a misogynistic douche cannon about it and automatically accuse one's boss of having an affair.  The neurons are starting to fire off in sequence so a second letter in support of the county attorney is in order.   

• Thank You 4

Fuck Face might get out Fuck Faced

Former President Donald Trump might get out-Trumped. As the campaign season accelerates, Trump has thrown his weight behind several Republican candidates. The point is not only to shape the electoral playing field but to offer clear evidence he still calls the shots within the GOP if he ends up running for reelection in 2024.

Thus far, his endorsements have had mixed results. His biggest victory took place in Ohio, where J.D. Vance, the author of "Hillbilly Elegy," shed any hopes of reinventing the Republican establishment of yore and went all in with Trumpism. He defeated Josh Mandel in the GOP primary and emerged as a shining example of what team Mar-a-Lago can deliver. In West Virginia, Trump's pick Rep. Alex Mooney won the primary while in Nebraska, Charles Herbster, his favorite in the gubernatorial race, lost to Jim Pillen.

But now something unexpected is happening in Pennsylvania, where Trump endorsed the television doctor Mehmet Oz. The alliance seemed perfect; two TV stars teaming up to try to win a US Senate seat in one of the most critical swing states. Oz, who had the ability to attract more moderate voters due to name recognition and lack of political baggage, would also have the Trumpian wind behind his back.

But the plan is running into a problem. Kathy Barnette, a hard-right candidate who is one of seven contenders in the state's Republican Senate primary, is polling right alongside Oz and former hedge fund manager Dave McCormick, despite a much smaller war chest.

• Thank You 4

The Trump-endorsed candidate in this race is Dr. Oz.

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 3

I’ve said this before, but with all this talk of violence by the GQP and Magats, they are gearing up for armed conflict. The insurrection was only the start. It will begin with violent protests after  after each election loss, and will end in all out civil war. The way things are in the US right now the whole country is a powder keg filled to the brim with hatred, fear and distrust and a lighted match being held ever closer to the fuse by populistic propaganda and disinformation. 

It’s only a matter of time before it blows.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5

It’s genuinely a frightening prospect, and I am so glad I don’t live in the States. Although I bet any kind of conflict would have far-reaching implications. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I’ve said this before, but with all this talk of violence by the GQP and Magats, they are gearing up for armed conflict. The insurrection was only the start. It will begin with violent protests after  after each election loss, and will end in all out civil war. The way things are in the US right now the whole country is a powder keg filled to the brim with hatred, fear and distrust and a lighted match being held ever closer to the fuse by populistic propaganda and disinformation. 

It’s only a matter of time before it blows.

Is it too soon to make an evacuation strategy? I really should get all my documents together.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

Barnette is a Republican running for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania.

The rest of the thread. 👇

Spoiler

Republican PACs are releasing deceptive ads about her positions.

Spoiler

This race is a complete shitshow.

• Upvote 4

Happy news! It's been called.  PA's current Lt Gov John Fetterman has won his Democratic Senate primary.  There's a very good chance he'll become a Democratic senator from Pennsylvania. 

Part of his platform is legalizing pot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Mastriano is making an unbelievably disgusting, lie-filled speech right now.

I just hope that common sense wins out in PA in November.

• Upvote 4

Forget their own country can we just find a planet for Trump and all of his supporters? We could even call the planet something conservative and ship Murdoch and those in other countries who he's been influencing to that planet. They could choose to trash it however they want and it won't affect the rest of us, especially if it's far enough away. Conversely, maybe those of us who care about our planet and our society should leave and colonize another planet.

• Upvote 6

The Republican primary for the Senate race (McCormick vs. Oz) in Pennsylvania is too close to call, so far, and there are ballots from Lancaster county that had something wrong with them, so it may take a while to find out which schmuck will be running against Fetterman.

Edited by thoughtful
forgot to specify the state!
  • Thank You 5

Of course he did:

Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday said Mehmet Oz should declare victory over opponent Dave McCormick in the too-close-to-call Pennsylvania GOP battle for Senate nomination — reprising his conspiratorial playbook from the 2020 presidential election that led to the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

“Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they ‘just happened to find,’” Trump said on Truth Social, the social media platform that he helped found.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/18/trump-dr-oz-should-declare-victory-pennsylvania-00033420

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Keith Olberman: "Before you say it, remember: the tenet of the 21st Century Republicans is that their (Mail-In Ballots/Orgies/Drugs/TV Hosts/Mass Murderers/Abortions/News/Leaks/Indoctrination/Elitism/Grooming/_______) are ordained and blessed by Baby Jesus and all others are fake."

This would be funny if it weren't literally true. As is becoming more apparent by the day, there is a major (perhaps majority) sub contingent of MAGA who believe that Trump is ordained by God, who will lead their contingent forward to Christian Dominion of the country.   Any action toward that end, including subverting election results and overturning a popular vote, is appropriate and in fact required, because God's ********** will. 

Republican Doug Mastriani, who was at Jan 6 and just won Pennsylvania's gubernatorial primary, falls squarely in this category.  If he wins, he appoints the PA Sec. of State,  the person who oversees Pennsylvania's elections. Here's how it works: 

How Pennsylvania's GOP governor pick could turn election lies into action

"While he would have to contend with a Legislature that may not go along with his plans, he would still have significant authority over elections because Pennsylvania is one of the few states where governors have the power to appoint the secretary of state. As Pennsylvania's chief elections official, that official oversees how elections are managed, gives counties guidance on how to conduct elections and, crucially, certifies the final results.

Pennsylvania has 21 electoral votes. 

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3