IGNORED

Trump 52: Now He's The FORMER President! (And Still Impeached Twice)

GreyhoundFan

Impeachment, here we come... but maybe not quite yet.

[live thread]

House Democrats begin Trump impeachment effort

House Democrats introduced one article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Monday for "incitement of insurrection" for urging his supporters to march on the Capitol last Wednesday.

The move comes after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told Democrats that her chamber will proceed with Trump's impeachment if Vice President Mike Pence doesn't agree to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

Majority Whip Rep. Jim Clyburn, D-S.C., said the House could delay sending impeachment articles to the Senate until after Joe Biden's first 100 days in office to allow the president-elect to get his agenda off and running, including Covid-19 relief legislation and the confirmation of his Cabinet officials.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said in a memo obtained by NBC News that the soonest his chamber could receive the articles of impeachment would be Jan. 19, the eve of Biden's inauguration, unless senators give unanimous consent to taking a measure up earlier.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

On 1/10/2021 at 9:40 AM, fraurosena said:

Not a very likely scenario. Because there is one crucial element that these traitors did not manage, and never will manage, to get on their side: the military. They tried to do it without them, and failed. They could not do what they set out to do: kill Pence and Pelosi, and stop the counting of electoral votes. No, this organized attempt at a coup is over. The MAGAts might still (and probably will) cause damage and disruption in the coming days, but in the end it will not lead to a hostile takeover of the country. These terrorists will be hounded and caught and prosecuted. And things will die down rather quickly-- there is no means to rile them up (no twitter, no fb, no parler, no rallies or speeches) and there is no means to organize them properly. So although we might see (attempted) acts of terror before the inauguration, there will be no second attempt at a coup.

I hope with everything in me you’re right. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Word on the street is Bill Belichick is the next recipient of the Donald Trump ass-kissing medal.?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5

Then I hope Officer Goodman of the Capitol police force also is awarded a Presidential Medal of Freedom by Joe Biden for his quick thinking to lead the mob away from the unlocked Senate chamber at the potential risk of his own life. That man is truly a national hero.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Did Trump quit? 
https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/

What does this mean. 

What in the ... ? 

It's probably an employee trolling or similar. I'm watching CNN right now and I'm pretty sure that if he had quit they'd be talking about it. And by pretty sure, I mean 10000% sure. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Just now, molecule said:

According to Buzzfeed News, this was just the work of a "disgruntled staffer." Bummer.

Damn! I was hoping he would go off in a sulk. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Well, at least let's have a screenshot before it disappears.

image.thumb.png.3eb87757ccb7381549971aa8066cdc31.png

That's a thing of beauty. :)

The page is gone now. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

The page is gone now. 

Yep -

image.png.2cc0bab91565b88eed8e559ae5dc2230.png

It might be more accurate if it said "moral difficulties" or "an existential crisis."

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

well, let them wait until the 20th, and then hit giuliani, trump and junior etc.. then he can't try to pardon them anymore.. can he pardon somebody for something they haven't been tried for yet?! I think that would be.. well, unethical?

edit: not sure wheter tried is the correct word.. I mean, can they be pardonned of crimes they have not legally been accused of? English is not my first language, sorry, don't know the best word for that

Edited by SeekingAdventure
edit: tried might not be the right word
  • Upvote 7

I know it's fake, but it made me think of Jim Bob Duggar and his crappy Spanglish

image.png.b454e2011aa90f0cdcca567f1c7e50a4.png

Of course, Jim Bob would have written "democratos" and "mucho".

• Haha 16

20 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

well, let them wait until the 20th, and then hit giuliani, trump and junior etc.. then he can't try to pardon them anymore.. can he pardon somebody for something they haven't been tried for yet?! I think that would be.. well, unethical?

edit: not sure wheter tried is the correct word.. I mean, can they be pardonned of crimes they have not legally been accused of? English is not my first language, sorry, don't know the best word for that

I don't think he can pardon them before they have been tried and convicted, or even formally accused. I also don't think he can give blanket amnesties, but I am not a lawyer in any jurisdiction. 

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I know it's fake, but it made me think of Jim Bob Duggar and his crappy Spanglish

image.png.b454e2011aa90f0cdcca567f1c7e50a4.png

Of course, Jim Bob would have written "democratos" and "mucho".

The fake mustache cracks me up every time.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Then I hope Officer Goodman of the Capitol police force also is awarded a Presidential Medal of Freedom by Joe Biden for his quick thinking to lead the mob away from the unlocked Senate chamber at the potential risk of his own life. That man is truly a national hero.

Amen! That man is a rock start and we should have his picture everywhere! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

https://twitter.com/AlGiordano/status/1348711623142170625

This is good news because Trump will hate losing fans. But it is also terrible news because one third of people are okay with coups.

When I click on the link, I see this:

image.png.d0db53556d5e08d33e5fcbe91e954c8e.png

Can you please summarize or screenshot it? Thank you!

• I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

When it comes to being the worst President ever he is #1. Woot Woot. So much wining

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

When it comes to being the worst President ever he is #1. Woot Woot. So much wining

He's even worse than Warren G. Harding, who is generally considered to be the worst President.

• Upvote 8

• Destiny pinned this topic
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic