IGNORED

Trump 52: Now He's The FORMER President! (And Still Impeached Twice)

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do you think we will still see his excellent new healthcare plan?

I've heard he's going to roll it out in two week...never mind. 

• Haha 20
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Destiny said:

This thread is still ongoing, so I haven't read it yet, but the unroll of this (very long) thread is here:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1347908845281095680.html

This takes a while to read but everyone ought to read it.  Seriously.  The entire Trump speech is dissected and it's chilling.  All I could think is that some of Trump's brighter henchmen helped write it because it is classic propaganda designed to inflame a crowd and stir them to action.  There's one particular part that you need to notice.  In Sections 24 - 32, he invited the military and law enforcement to "join them".

Spoiler

24/ "If those tens of thousands of people would be allowed—the military, the Secret Service, the police, law enforcement, you're doing a great job—but I'd love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible? Can you just let them come up please?" Uh...what? 

25/ This is—beyond any doubt—the strangest line in the speech. When he says "come up here with us" he *couldn't* be referring to the stage he's standing on, as he says he's referring to "tens of thousands" of military people and cops. So where does he want them to "come up" *to*? 

26/ The obvious answer—indeed, the *only* answer—is that, as he's about to reveal, he is *well aware* (and was pre-speech) that the Save America March he paid for is a march on the Capitol to "stop" the certification, and that "we"/"us" will be making that march. And therefore... 

27/ ...he is asking "the military, the Secret Service, the police, [and] law enforcement" (his words) to march with "us" to the Capitol. Given the historic security failure we'll ultimately see at the Capitol, and DoD refusing to release the Guard, and Trump refusing to do so... 

28/ ...this line in the speech will naturally cause federal investigators to wonder if elements of Team Trump had been in contact with Capitol Police and (far more likely) Trump's stooges at DoD about his plan to march on the Capitol. But it gets even worse than this, I'm afraid. 

29/ We now know from several major media reports that Trump wanted to *increase* the military presence at his Save America March as a way to "stop antifa." Seems... odd, right? There was no intelligence about antifa showing up to his Save America March, only far-right extremists. 

30/ So why would Trump want *more* military? Well: "If those tens of thousands of people would be allowed—the military, the Secret Service, the police, law enforcement—I'd love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible? Can you just let them come up?" 

31/ Every indication here—I know it seems incredible, but realize how deranged Trump became post-election—is that Trump wanted the ranks of his army to be swelled by *actual military* and *armed law enforcement* before his army marched on the Capitol. This is a *full-blown coup*. 

32/ Had Trump's army been joined by soldiers and cops, its ability to access the Capitol would've been assured.

If the military had joined, it would have probably succeeded.  

This is treasonous.  They have to hold him accountable.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 13

Yeah fuck face pretty much acted as expected when his binky got taken away.

President Donald Trump has many prized possessions. But few seemed to inspire as much personal joy as his Twitter feed. Trump routinely boasted of the social media bullhorn he possessed. He credited it with launching his political trajectory. And he used it as a tool to lacerate his foes.

On Friday night, he lost it. And, then, he lost his mind.

The president is “ballistic,” a senior administration official said after Twitter permanently took down his account, citing the possibility that it would be used in the final 12 days of Trump’s presidency to incite violence. The official said Trump was “scrambling to figure out what his options are.”

For Trump, the Twitter ban was yet another inglorious passage to the final chapter of his presidency. Over the past two days, he’s been admonished by his own aides, chastised by Republicans, and threatened once more with impeachment.

And I just saw this analysis about the fuck nugget

When the history of the 45th presidency is written, Wednesday, January 6, will go down as the day America realized how dangerous President Donald Trump really is.

In the span of hours, the country finally witnessed the price of its five-year experiment turning its election process into a reality show that produced an unhinged megalomanic as commander-in-chief who amassed so much power through his lies and fear-mongering that he was able to engineer an insurrection as a final act that left democracy dangling by a thread.

Wednesday's siege at the Capitol marked the culmination of Trump's years-long quest to cultivate a fiercely loyal base that would do anything for him by playing on their fears and resentments as he lured them into believing his incessant lies about the sinister motives of government, election fraud and his own conduct.

The consequences were deadly: five people have died as a result of Wednesday's riot, including a Capitol Police officer. Some of Trump's supporters were armed and ready for war: an Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the Capitol hours before authorities discovered it, according to federal prosecutors. Another man allegedly showed up with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, telling acquaintances he wanted to shoot or run over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Pipe bombs were found near the headquarters of the Republican National Committee and the Democratic National Committee as authorities tried to dispel the mob and secure the Capitol.

The President's encouragement of a mob Wednesday, Biden said, reminded him of what happens in nations with tin horn dictators. But he said the country's realization of the danger Trump poses could make his job easier as he attempts to unite a divided country -- though that remains an open question.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

42 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Thanks for posting this. Yes, it's very long - but definitely important reading.

It's still going as of my last refresh of twitter 90 seconds ago, so I still haven't read it.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for doing the unroll of the thread @DestinyI can never remember how to do it. I hope Ron Perlman is predicting correctly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Destiny said:

It's still going as of my last refresh of twitter 90 seconds ago, so I still haven't read it.

He's done as of now. It's one hell of an analysis, and utterly damning if it ever came to prosecuting him for sedition-- and treason.

(Comments are saying the unrolled version should be given to Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff to use for the impeachment.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

He's done as of now. It's one hell of an analysis, and utterly damning if it ever came to prosecuting him for sedition-- and treason.

(Comments are saying the unrolled version should be given to Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff to use for the impeachment.)

Yeah, I just saw that. I'm gonna fold this load of laundry then sit down and read it. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

This thread is still ongoing, so I haven't read it yet, but the unroll of this (very long) thread is here:

Thank you for posting this. Chills. I got chills. Wait to impeach?  Hell no. Or give him a choice:  announce the election wasn’t rigged and he’s known all along that he lost, or invoke the 25th. 

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Trump's been banned on Twitter, Twitter immediately took down Tweets posted to the @POTUS account.  Limbaugh has been banned as have various others.  Google has dropped Parler from their app store and Apple will  do the same if Parler has not set up moderation by today. 

This is my all time favorite tweet: 

Apple just banned Parler.  They were given 24 hours to fix their moderation problem and they never did.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Apple just banned Parler.  They were given 24 hours to fix their moderation problem and they never did.

Check out this parley about it. These people are frightening. 

Screenshot_20210109-222552_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 7

"Communism is a philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of a communist society, namely a socioeconomic order structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state."

"Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by the rejection of political plurality, the use of a strong central power to preserve the political status quo, and reductions in the rule of law, separation of powers, and democratic voting."

Trump-Q's are getting confused between these two - they call it communism when they really mean authoritarianism.

And it's a moot point, because they can still proclaim their hatred of various political figures on a street corner, write heated letters to the editor of their local newspaper (is it communist if they don't get published?), and protest the government. They just can't peddle falsehoods about political figures on Twitter anymore, because it nearly led to a bloodbath, and Twitter decided it didn't want to provide a platform for that sort of talk. And they can't download Parler onto their phones, because Apple/Google decided they didn't want to facilitate that sort of platform.

Parler is free to create their own servers, just as Amazon is free to decide they don't want to host a company with no/minimal TOS.

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Giuliani representing Trump at his impending impeachment trial?

Deer Rufus, please make that happen! And while you’re at it, please throw in Lin Wood and that Kraken-lady too. It’s the representation Trump deserves, after all.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, Destiny said:

It is a very gripping and chilling read - thank you for posting the link! - but it has left me wondering. I don’t think the orange one crafted all that by himself. Oh, some of it is pure fuckface (the VA anecdote, the „sir“ story...) but I don’t think the subtler bits of rhetoric are all his alone, and someone must have gotten him all those numbers (however fake they are), indicating quite a bit of research (because even if the numbers were fake, they probably weren’t pulled out of thin air, but taken from other publications) - so who helped him write it? 

I’m thinking some or all of his traitorous spawn, but that’s just a guess ... 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Shrubbery said:

It is a very gripping and chilling read - thank you for posting the link! - but it has left me wondering. I don’t think the orange one crafted all that by himself. Oh, some of it is pure fuckface (the VA anecdote, the „sir“ story...) but I don’t think the subtler bits of rhetoric are all his alone, and someone must have gotten him all those numbers (however fake they are), indicating quite a bit of research (because even if the numbers were fake, they probably weren’t pulled out of thin air, but taken from other publications) - so who helped him write it? 

I’m thinking some or all of his traitorous spawn, but that’s just a guess ... 

His spawn is... his spawn, and just like their daddy, they're not very smart either. Cunning, yes. But smart-- and smart enough to orchestrate a coup? Nope, no way.

But I agree, somebody is behind all this. Many are pointing at Stephen Miller, and that could well be. But I would not be surprised one little bit if Erik Prince is involved too. And more people we don't really know about. A coup is never organized by a single person. And Trump? Trump is just their patsy, their frontman. And if things go pear-shaped, their scapegoat.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

But I agree, somebody is behind all this. Many are pointing at Stephen Miller, and that could well be. But I would not be surprised one little bit if Erik Prince is involved too. And more people we don't really know about. A coup is never organized by a single person. And Trump? Trump is just their patsy, their frontman. And if things go pear-shaped, their scapegoat.

I agree with this. My first thought was Stephen Miller. But there may be more. In my mind, that has some of Steve Bannon's prints on it, whether directly or indirectly. (Deconstruct the administrative state, remember?)

Edited by apple1
ETA: Corrected their to there - rolling eyes at myself for that error.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I wonder how long Trump can make it hiding from society. He seems to have a pressing need to be in front of his adoring fans. He preferred method of communication has been removed which has to be driving him insane. I’m sure he wants to start campaigning again as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• Destiny pinned this topic
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic