• Upvote 9

2F0458F4-416E-4AD8-A96C-FB5225BA6D46.jpeg.f6a0d24bada9e13856516f936b27ccf0.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I know it's fake, but it made me laugh:

image.png.b025cb8421b7837db7f00f71c2c01864.png

Check the chyron, bottom right, if you didn't already. ?

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

image.png.bca730f8ec5742aa488127967199b5bd.png

"Needles and Trust"

When it’s my turn to take the vaccine for the coronavirus, I’m taking it. Granted, I probably won’t be able to until next summer when it’s available at CVS for the general public with an appointment, but I’m still taking it. Even though I had the coronavirus and antibodies may stay with me for a while, there’s no guarantee I can’t catch it again. I’m not invincible like some who had it believe, like Rand Paul and Donald Trump. Plus, scientists say you should get it even if you had the virus.

Polls show 71% of Americans are willing to take the vaccine. Black Americans willing to take it currently stands at 62% which is an increase from three months ago when it was at 50%. Politically, 86% of Democrats are willing to take the vaccine and Republicans…only 56% of them are willing to take the vaccine. Why?

Why do Republicans (white people) mistrust the vaccine more than black Americans? Why do some black Americans mistrust the vaccine at all? Black Americans have a good reason. White Republicans (I know. Redundant), do not.

From 1932 to 1973, the U.S. government, along with Tuskegee University, conducted a study of the effects of syphilis in black men. They told the men they were receiving free health care. That was a lie. The government was studying the effect of syphilis being untreated in black men with some of them only receiving a free lunch. Oh, look. All your shit just fell off. Here, have a sandwich.

The men were not told about the study. The government finally came clean only after being caught by the free press (which is why we want a free press), and during the 90s, President Bill Clinton formally apologized on behalf of the United States.

So today, when the government shows up with a vaccine and a needle saying, “Trust us,” you can’t blame black people for being a little wary. I guarantee you the black Americans willing to take the virus have done their research on it and aren’t just taking it nilly-willy, because there have been times in our history that after trusting the government to handle their health, willies fell off.

So, why do white conservatives fear the virus? Is it because of 400 years of being enslaved by the government? No. Is it after centuries of racism and being treated as second and third-class citizens? No. Was it because for decades, their right to vote was disenfranchised? No. Is it because racism against whites is still applied today in hiring, education, housing, economics, entertainment, and basically every fucking thing in this nation? No. None of that shit ever happened to whites, yet if you listen to a white conservative, they’re the most persecuted and victimized people in history. But, they often have to invent the persecution. For example, their lies and conspiracy theories being removed from a social media platform is persecution.

When it comes to the Tuskegee study on black men, I guarantee you that most white conservatives aren’t familiar with it. Why? Because it wasn’t a study on white men. White people, as a group, don’t care about stuff unless it happens to white people.

Are you familiar with the presidential daily briefings and the only way Trump can pay attention is if his name and photos of him are included? Yeah, white people are like that. Santa Claus is white. Barbie is white. Until recently…and still happening here and there, every movie based in the Middle East, Africa, or Asia had a white cast. It was only a few years ago that Emma Stone played an Asian. She’s a great actress and I love her, but she’s not Asian and doesn’t even look a tiny bit Asian, no matter how hard you squint. Why do they do that? Partly because of racism but mostly because white people won’t watch a movie without white people…and mostly about racism. Even white churches have white Jesus. Pay attention! Look, we have a white Jesus!!!

When Black Panther came out, black Americans finally had a superhero in a major universal movie that looked like them. Most critics and Marvel fans put it within the top three of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies. White conservatives say it’s worse than the Hulk movies, which is a white guy turning into a green guy.

So what from the past makes white conservatives so distrustful of the vaccine? I heard some say we can’t trust it because it was developed so fast, which is contradictory to them giving Donald Trump all the credit for it being developed so fast. Some are skeptical because the flu vaccine, which we’ve been taking in one form or another since the 1940s while the government was also forcing black men to live with syphilis, is only about 50% effective while the coronavirus vaccine has a 94% efficacy rate in testing. We talked about the difference between “effective” and “efficacy” earlier in the week. I even saw a post this morning saying we can’t trust Pfizer because they can’t count the number of doses accurately in a vial.

But, the biggest reason white conservatives don’t trust the vaccine is because they’re fucking nuts. They’re all paranoid schizophrenics who would rather believe in conspiracy theories than facts. Currently, 82% of Trump voters think the election was a scam, rigged, a total sham and Donald Trump was robbed and he’ll remain president after the inauguration on January 20. That’s 82% of an entire major political party believing a lying president (sic) without any evidence to support his lies…despite the information being readily available.

But white people are always persecuted…even if they have to make it up. Take the War on Christmas. Fun fact: There has NEVER been a war on Christmas. White people scream and moan if Starbucks doesn’t put Jesus on a coffee cup. Starbucks should put black Jesus on a cup and see what happens.

On an episode of Black Jeopardy, a popular sketch on Saturday Night Live where black contestants compete, Tom Hanks plays Doug, a Trump-supporting contestant. The sketch points out how remarkable it is that white conservatives and back people share a distrust of the government and corporate America while also sharing a love for Tyler Perry movies. In the category, “They Out Here Saying,” the answer was, “They out here saying, ‘The new iPhone wants your thumbprint ‘for your protection.'” Doug answers correctly with the question, “What is, ‘I don’t think so. That’s how they get ya.'” He follows up with, “I read that goes straight to the government.”

He later gives the correct question, “C’mon, they already decided who wins before it happens” to the answer, “They out here saying, ‘every vote counts.'” But for black Americans, their votes historically didn’t count because they weren’t allowed to vote. Republicans are still disenfranchising their votes. White conservatives they believe their vote didn’t count because they’re sore losers. Fortunately for Doug, the skit ended right as they got to the category, “Lives That Matter.”

Many of the white people who distrust the vaccine are the same people who believe the government is operated by a deep state of Satan-worshipping reptilian cannibalistic pedophiles. They believe that’s the swamp Donald Trump is draining despite hiring his own family members to run the government. They also keep adding new additions to the swamp, like Christopher Krebs, William Barr, and three Supreme Court justices, people Donald Trump hired.

A black person might tell you they don’t trust the vaccine because of the government’s past. A white person might tell you they don’t trust the vaccine because it’ll give you autism, cancer, make you sterile, and implant a chip inside you that’s a tracking device. Seriously.

Mike Pence is going to publicly take the vaccine. Donald Trump, without publicly subscribing to the conspiracy theories, is not going to publicly take the vaccine…and they’re saying he won’t take it at all.

Here’s my distrust of the government: Donald Trump will take the vaccine, but he won’t let you know because he doesn’t want to upset his base of fucknuts. Donald Trump needs his base to remain crazy and believing in conspiracy theories. If they can keep believing the vaccine will plant a tracking device inside you and that baby-eating lizard people are running the government, then they’ll believe any crazy shit Donald Trump tells them. And when it comes to white people being victimized, Donald Trump is the most victimized and unfairly treated person in the universe. Never mind the fact he’s a billionaire who lived in a golden penthouse. White conservatives are the biggest believers in crazy shit…then acting on their crazy beliefs.

Who shot a rifle at a pizza parlor believing Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring in the basement? A white guy. Who shot up an abortion clinic in Colorado Springs, killing several, because he believed they were selling aborted baby body parts? A white guy. Who kidnaped an air conditioning repair man last week and held him hostage for several days because he thought the guy was hauling illegal ballots? A white guy. Who wanted to kidnap the female of governor of Michigan because she was destroying their “freedom?” A bunch of white guys. Who wrote that Kars-For-Kids jingle? A white guy! Which group is the number one terrorist threat in this nation? White men, specifically, white supremacists.

We’ve come a long way since the Tuskegee Study. It’s right to have questions, but don’t be a nut about it. Do your part for your country, your community, your family, and take the vaccine. Don’t be like a Trump supporter. Don’t be a MAGAt. These are people you really don’t want to have anything in common with.

And because of these people, the Dougs, we need as many of us as possible who are rational to take the vaccine. The more people who take it, the less the virus can spread. Do your part. Social distance, stay home, wear a facemask, and take the vaccine.

If you don’t, I’m sending the lizard people. They know how to get ya.

• Upvote 10

image.png.da2216c087fe8f86a689c07d858a231a.png

"Georgia Stretch"

There are several people who do not deserve to be United States senators. Some lack the intelligence like Mississippi’s Cindy Hyde Smith. Others don’t actually want to do the job like Florida’s Marco Rubio. Some are lying, sniveling bastards using the position to be national demagogues like Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton. Some are such assholes that there have been incidents where constituents have failed to control themselves from physically attacking and giving them the beatings of their lives, like Rand Paul. Others lack the morals, integrity, and courage a United States Senator should have. Georgia’s Kelly Loeffler is one of those individuals.

Like Arizona’s Martha McSally, who was rejected for the Senate twice and was only in there because of an appointment, Kelly Loeffler has yet to win the votes of her constituents. Unfortunately, she’s on her way.

Loeffler was appointed to the job by Georgia’s governor Brian Kemp after Senator Brian Isakson resigned for health reasons. After Donald Trump started attacking Governor Kemp, even suggesting he should go to prison for not stealing an election for him, Kelly Loeffler rushed to the defense of the man who gave her a U.S. Senate seat, and without whom, she wouldn’t be a legitimate candidate for that seat today. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Just kidding. After Donald Trump started attacking Kemp, Loeffler, being the type of loyal person she is, said…nothing. Kelly Loeffler is a coward.

If anything, Loeffler has sought to validate the bullshit propaganda and lies that the election was rigged and stolen. She, along with Georgia’s other stupid lowlife senator, David Perdue, called for the resignation of the secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger. She supported a lawsuit by Donald Trump to overturn the election.

Another reason she shouldn’t be a U.S. Senator is that she shows more support for fascism than democracy. She wants to throw out an election and steal the votes from from American voters. She wants to steal their Constitutional rights.

But, wait. Kelly Loeffler wants to throw out an election that put her in the runoff. Somehow, outside nefarious forces and secret agents of ill repute got their hands on the Georgia ballots, switched votes from Trump to Joe Biden while not fucking with the votes for Loeffler and Perdue. Loeffler and Perdue were NOT on separate ballots from Trump and Biden. THEY WERE ON THE SAME FUCKING BALLOTS!!!

I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted. But have you actually taken a hard look at their arguments?

Kelly Loeffler has refused to say she won’t engage in any shenanigans when the electoral college arrives in the Senate. She hasn’t rejected the stupid calls for Donald Trump’s theory of “alternate” electors. When asked about acknowledging that Joe Biden is the president-elect, she said, “The president (sic) has a right to every legal recourse.” He does…and he’s out of them.

Pay attention, kids. The Constitution says the electors must meet on the same date and Congress chooses that date. That happened last Monday. The electors have met. They voted. Joe Biden is the president-elect. There are no “alternate” electors. Any move to disallow the actual electors, who have already done their job as the Constitution to the United States has specified, would be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! Sorry. I shouted again.

So, Kelly Loeffler wants Georgians to vote for her in an election in a state where she claims the people managing the elections are corrupt….in a runoff she reached by securing enough votes in an election she calls corrupt…for a position in the United States Senate even though she is in favor of the undemocratic and un-Constitutional positions of invalidating an election.

It’s a good thing she’s doing this pandering shit to a base of conspiratorial nutjobs in Georgia, because that state has already sent one member of Qanon to Congress.

Vladimir Putin has acknowledged Joe Biden as the president-elect. Kelly Loeffler is slower than Putin in supporting democracy…and she wants to be a United States senator?

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

All states? *stares pointedly in Hawaiian*

Seriously Hawaii, close your borders or require all arrivals to quarantine for two weeks. Geography is an advantage, use it.

• Upvote 8

Just now, AnywhereButHere said:

image.thumb.png.7daddd9e53a530af3d89f169d401a436.png

So that's why Trump always talks about needing to flush the toilet 15 times!

• Haha 15

Stores that sell toilets don't often have books for sale, in my experience - a hardware store owned by a Trumper, perhaps?

ETA - I assume that taking the books off of a display and putting them into the toilet was an act of protest by a shopper (if so, I hope they left without buying anything) or an employee (if so, I hope they weren't caught).

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic