IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

February isn't that cold in north TX - lows above freezing certainly, highs probably in the 50s on average. I doubt they'll have a masked wedding, I could see them doing outdoors though. 

Maybe New Year’s Eve? Then they could enter a new season of life as the new year begins.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

I wonder if the family friend is just having a very small wedding so no need to take months to plan. Would be reasonable and unexpected from any fundies.

• Upvote 1

I think they're the type to do a superspreader wedding, since if they kept it to  just the family, that's still a lot of people. I do think they'll have the ceremony in January, but no later than April. I'd hate to think of them sharing my brother's wedding anniversary of New Year's Eve, so I hope they at least wait until later in January.

• Upvote 3

Hilary mentioned that the wedding would be ‘next year’ in her IG comments. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 1 Jan. 

Hilary seems like a mix of JRod and Kris Kardashian to me. Never thought I would link those two in the same sentence...

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Hilary mentioned that the wedding would be ‘next year’ in her IG comments. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 1 Jan. 

Hilary seems like a mix of JRod and Kris Kardashian to me. Never thought I would link those two in the same sentence...

She reminds me of Regina George's mom. Lol

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

She reminds me of Regina George's mom. Lol

''I'm not a regular Christian mom. I'm a cool Christian mom. *wink*''

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

''I'm not a regular Christian mom. I'm a cool Christian mom. *wink*''

And you win the internet for me today

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

On 12/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

There used to be a poster on here that knew/used to know the Duggars well and gave us deets on wedding dates for some of the girls. I wonder if they still post here and know the date? I’m also thinking a Valentine’s wedding for these two though because they’re going to want to marry before it looks like there’s a two year age gap between them. I think that theirs may also be the first outdoor wedding so that they can pretend to comply with Covid for the show ratings. 

25 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

There used to be a poster on here that knew/used to know the Duggars well and gave us deets on wedding dates for some of the girls. I wonder if they still post here and know the date? I’m also thinking a Valentine’s wedding for these two though because they’re going to want to marry before it looks like there’s a two year age gap between them. I think that theirs may also be the first outdoor wedding so that they can pretend to comply with Covid for the show ratings. 

I think you're referring to @FrozenSmile. Haven't heard from her in a long time. She knew the older sisters but most likely wouldn't get an invite for one of the younger howlers, especially if they scale things down for the pandemic (though that may still be several hundred guests.)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

" ... what should never be taken away from non-criminals?' and keep those bare-minimum rights in place. The right to free movement, the right to be with family members, etc. I never want it to be within the power of my government to take those things away."

In civilized societies, "freedom" has never meant anybody can do what they want at any time no matter what effect it has on anyone else. Even at the beginning of colonization of the US, there was the Mayflower Compact: these are the rules.

Wonder how it would have gone for London during the blitz if people decided "nobody can tell ME I can't have my lights on." 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Is it just me, or a temporary glitch, or is Justins instagram gone? Ma Spivey (I follow her) tagged Justin in a post, but when you click the link, it's broken. His handle is @justinsamduggar (or was). 

54 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Is it just me, or a temporary glitch, or is Justins instagram gone? Ma Spivey (I follow her) tagged Justin in a post, but when you click the link, it's broken. His handle is @justinsamduggar (or was). 

Still there for me.

• I Agree 1

On 12/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, raayx01 said:

The Knot says the 19th of December

They literally announced the engagement November 26

so less than a month, I wonder if that will be the same for Justin and Claire

Also started courting in Septemeber

Yeesh that’s sudden! Speaking of Australian vs US laws, it wouldn’t even be legal here - you have to file an intention to marry at least 1 month prior to your wedding. I do know a couple who got married exactly 1 month and 1 day after her 18th birthday because she had to be a legal adult to sign the paperwork - not just the marriage certificate but the intent to marry forms too.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, lumpentheologie said:

I'm a big believer in going on a honeymoon whenever it works for you, not necessarily immediately after the wedding.  My husband and I were saving to go on a nice trip since we didn't have that kind of money when we got married, but now it looks like all that will be spent visiting family and friends we didn't get to see this year. But even if it's 4 years after we got married, I'm getting my honeymoon, lol. Also planning a wedding was one of the most stressful things I've ever done (we had a small one, but I'm a serious introvert with ADHD), so having to also plan a trip and deal with packing and travel right then would have been horrible for me. I needed about two weeks to recover before I wanted to see anyone or do anything outside of my normal routine. 

While I agree with you, I’m guessing you use birth control! Honeymoons were probably traditionally a couples’ best chance of having an unchaperoned holiday without a baby to take care of. Which I suppose means fundies still need to take “THE” honeymoon right after the wedding *sigh*

• Upvote 5

Anyone else saw this comment on Claire's insta? They had to sign documents for the courtship? So this means that they pre-court for 8 months. I think they are on a fast track, no way they wait till April or May to get married 64ec5e8d-a1b8-47a6-a005-5789c6d97563.thumb.png.615b31f734241130054c7b1f74e77eeb.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

‘Documentation’? What’s wrong with these people?? They are teenagers.

Oh and I hate people ( the enquirer,  not Claire) using ‘per say’ but not bothering to learn how to spell it or use it correctly! 

• Upvote 7

I didn't read 'official documentation' as they had to sign anything, just that they chose to have the film crew document it at that point, or maybe a weird way of saying they wanted their families to take express note that they were courting now, instead of pre-courting or just being 'friends'. It's worded weirdly and I might be wrong though.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 2

@wendy-sparkles I didn't think of that but you could be right. I was still half asleep when I read it the first time and I would have sworn there was write something like signing the documents, ups. I think now it was just a weirdly worded case. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Still there for me.

Doesn't work for me. It just says that the page isn't available. Have I been blocked? That would be soo cool! I've never been blocked by a fundie before! (And I never commented on Justin's page either, so I have no idea why). ?

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

Doesn't work for me. It just says that the page isn't available. Have I been blocked? That would be soo cool! I've never been blocked by a fundie before! (And I never commented on Justin's page either, so I have no idea why). ?

His page is available for me to see too.  Looks like you've been blocked. Congrats! ?

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

Courtney (Sweet Tea and Buttermilk) blocked me a few months ago and I didn't even follow her, just checked her account occassionally and never commented or anything.

• Upvote 2

If you've ever liked a post about them on a snark account, that could be why, a lot of those accounts either tag the fundie or the fundies look at them and preemptively block people.

35 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

If you've ever liked a post about them on a snark account, that could be why, a lot of those accounts either tag the fundie or the fundies look at them and preemptively block people.

Nope. I just have one single photo (of a palm tree) on my account, and have never commented on something besides close friends. But that's okay, I'm kind of proud that I was blocked. My first block! ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

Nope. I just have one single photo (of a palm tree) on my account, and have never commented on something besides close friends. But that's okay, I'm kind of proud that I was blocked. My first block! ?

I don't think you'll be missing much.

8 hours ago, xenobia said:

You could just make a second account, Joy blocked me after I liked a post on Duggar bates confessions, which was actually a positive post, but I already had a second account so I just look on hers through there

• Coconut Flan locked this topic