IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

That sign is so over the top it’s pathetic. I’ve had three major surgeries within a 13 month time period. Two were within two months of each other with the first being a c-section. (Yeah, my year has been just great.) Neither nor any of my relatives even thought to make a sign like that. It’s beyond ridiculous to make that for something as routine as wisdom teeth removal. 

Edited by Knight of Ni
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

Maybe it was a prank? Or perhaps Justin has a severe fear of dentists and they were trying to make the experience more light-hearted? Who knows, really. 

• Upvote 1

My daughter's getting a cavity filled today - I'm off to make a sign!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 38
  • Love 4

29 minutes ago, snickerz said:

My husband is at his bi-annual check up. I'm just a bad wife for not making him a sign! Better get churning...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

33 minutes ago, snickerz said:

I had my first cavity of my entire life filled a few weeks ago. I should have had a sign! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

With all the dental work I’ve had in my life, my family members would have full time sign making jobs! ?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

God that sign is bizarre (I love it). it almost feels like it could be a joke in a sitcom? did one of Justin's brothers suggest it to Michelle to take the piss????

I get big "It is your birthday." vibes from this sign for some reason. Maybe the colors and font? Haha. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

I had my first root canal yesterday, and all my husband got me was a smoothie and a hug. brb, filing divorce papers.

Now that I've said that, I feel like it's one of those t-shirts. "My grandparents went to Nassau and all I got was this."

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 16
  • Love 2

Granted, we only see what they post on social media, but IMO the vibe of this relationship is they're adopting Justin into their family vs. adding an adult son-in-law through marriage.  Justin probably just likes feeling special after being raised by a pair of child hoarders that outsourced the whole parenting thing. 

I'm curious to see where they're at in 5 years, since the whole thing feels so wrong to me.  

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 17 (?)- they were all impacted so I was under anesthesia. Obviously people can have different reactions and all, but it really was not that big of a deal for me at the time. My dumb ass was trying to eat nachos a few days later (which was a pretty bad idea, shockingly!) so my recovery would have been more like 3-5 days of some pain and swelling if I hadn't done that.

I could see this being a decoy (aka, this happened several weeks ago) and the wedding being this weekend. Trace Bates posted a picture with Josiah yesterday (?) and Chad and Erin were in the picture too. I don't think Josiah is known to hang out with the Bates a ton so I'm suspicious. Any other clues other than good ol Hilary/Jilary (!) posting pics in Arkansas?

• Upvote 8

It’s scary to think if they get married soon. We will/could have a baby by the end of the year 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

I was at boarding school when I got mine out, and the cook liked me so he told me to that he'd buy me whatever soft foods I wanted for my recovery. It was the first time in two years that I'd been able to pick what I wanted to eat instead of just being given mostly horrible food, so it remains a special memory.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 16, and since they were impacted, I was under anesthesia. No signs for me when I was getting it done, and I missed 3 full days of school so I really only went back when I could eat regular food. The thing I hated was going back to get the stitches that weren't designed to dissolve out as that hurt a bit.

If I remember, there was an episode of 19KAC where the oldest Duggars were getting their wisdom teeth out, and nobody did signs like that, but Sex Pest had to have his rescheduled because he was stupid enough to drink sweet tea right before the surgery.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

The sign itself is weird, but also the reason it was made. I mean, I’m sure a wisdom tooth removal isn’t a walk in the park, but it’s quite commonplace and not such a big deal that you need to put (professionally made) posters up. At least that’s been my impression so far. Now, if someone has a very serious surgery (e.g. due to cancer, after an accident, etc.), I’d totally get it. Celebrate and express your care however you want. But this... hm ? 

That and also any distance from Duggarville might be good. Claire’s family isn’t mich better either, I’m aware of that, but moving away from the TTH might be good for Justin regardless. (Same like Cathy Dillard perhaps - she endorses a lot of crap, but in some respects, she seems to have been a good influence on Jill and Derick regardless).  

Claire said that the sign was made for another purpose last year. She didn't elaborate. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

So like, if they were cute hand made signs made by little sisters (though at this point all the Duggar girls are a little old for even that) I’d give him some slack but uhhhhh that’s a very expensive sign for a wisdom tooth removal. Also it’s embarrassing as hell. 

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

can you imagine Jb having to pay for something like that? He would have said something like " let the kids have fun (and save a lot of money) they could easily write one and it will have even more meaning" 

And that would be the first time ever I actually agreed with JB, especially with the last part.

Damn, I never knew you could have these cool prayer posters for wisdom teeth removal! I could have had FOUR of them since I had mine pulled out one at a time. All I got was pain killers and antibiotics. And ice cream. Would have preferred the posters.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Claire said that the sign was made for another purpose last year. She didn't elaborate. 

Now I want to know what that was. Also, is there a picture of him on it to remind his family which howler he is?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20

The Duggars have posted pictures of the patient and his fiancée/mum.

The living arrangements are vague - Justin ‘just happened to be there’ playing the fool on a quad bike a couple of weeks ago and now Claire has come with Justin to look after him - despite him having a lot of people around to care for him after routine dentistry. Didn’t Hilary post some pictures from the Duggar compound too? Perhaps they did some filming and Hilary wanted to supervise.

• Upvote 4

They're all making way too big of a deal out of this. I'm guessing it's a decoy for the wedding and the wisdom teeth came out a week or more ago. 

tick tock on this wedding.. Claire will be 20 soon. Can't have the newly minted 18 year old child-groom marrying a lady in her twenties. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, indianabones said:

The girl's family (usually) sets the courtship standards, Claire's seems to be cool with them being rather touchy-feely for fundies.

At least they will not touch eachother for practically the first time ever on their wedding day. They look like a normal teenage couple (if you ignore the huge sign obviously) and if we didn’t know she’ll probably be intentionally pregnant with the first of their many kids before the summer it would be really cute. Now it’s more sad. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, FluffySnowball said:

While your arguments make a lot of sense, CO urgently needs a breath of fresh air. So a new Duggar couple just starting out, living in a different location, and getting their own (manufactured) storyline might actually sound appealing to TLC. So who knows... and just think of all the family visits down south and tearful reunions in Arkansas that could be filmed... 

Maybe someone can help them decorate! That’s always fun! ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

either all the Duggars are weirdly in Tennessee ..... or all the Bates are in Arkansas

Screenshot_20210124-082558_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic