IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

I can't say exactly why, but I have a strong feeling that JB wants to marry off Johannah to a Bowers boy.

And there are also possible matches between a Bowers boy and Lauren Caldwell, since her engagement seems to be cancelled.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 12/5/2020 at 9:18 AM, HeartsAFundie said:

I don't know if people can be outright banned from entering a state but they are expected to at least follow the state's quarantine laws upon entering.  However, there are still plenty of folks that just don't care.  And that goes both ways.  

I agree it would be hard to outright ban from entering other states. Where I live I can get to 3 different states in 1 hour 15 minutes or less. One state is only 45 minutes from my house and there are community members that work in that state. I would guess that a lot of (continental) states border at least 3 states (Maine, Washington, Florida, South Carolina are exceptions and there are 15 states that border another country). I think the key is what you said, they need to obey the quarantine laws and if they work in a different state each state needs to have rules to how to deal with that issue. Again, another reason the US needed federal guidance and then states work out the unique situations for their states. 

• Upvote 2

I feel like they've been so quiet about their NYE party because of the recent backlash. 

I do think they'll have a wedding for Justin, smaller to a degree but still far too many people. I think announcing it would lead to a lot of backlash though, so perhaps they'll just announce that Justin and Claire were quietly wed a few weeks ago or something. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, viii said:

I feel like they've been so quiet about their NYE party because of the recent backlash. 

I do think they'll have a wedding for Justin, smaller to a degree but still far too many people. I think announcing it would lead to a lot of backlash though, so perhaps they'll just announce that Justin and Claire were quietly wed a few weeks ago or something. 

This is the only thing the Duggars can do that would genuinely impress me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Hilary Spivey posted some pictures & videos entitled ‘Redneck Snow Day’ which includes a video of Justin doing wheelies on a quad bike. The stupidity is breathtaking. I don’t even live in the countryside but I heard of so many stories of quad bikes flipping over & causing terrible injuries. They are not toys. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

well, it just prepares for the other videos, either Redneck Hospital visit or redneck funeral.. ?

(I am not wishing it on anyone, obviously, but with all the stupid recklessness, it's bound to happen sooner or later)

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

On 1/4/2021 at 1:16 AM, ophelia said:

I can't say exactly why, but I have a strong feeling that JB wants to marry off Johannah to a Bowers boy.

And there are also possible matches between a Bowers boy and Lauren Caldwell, since her engagement seems to be cancelled.

I posted about this in the Bowers/Bontragers thread, but I think a match like that would be a disaster. 

The Bowers are overglorified grifters and dangerous extremists. They have the same earning potential as a Rod boy. If the money dries up for the Duggars, a Duggar girl married to a Bowers boys would be screwed. 

I have felt like that for a long time, but now the Bowers were at the rally on the lawn and Curtis Bowers has admitted that he went into the Capital building. This is breaking on the Bowers/Bontragers thread. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

Someone on Hilarys Instagram asked if Justin was living with them and she replied he just happened to be there when it snowed? Really Hilary?? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 8

20 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Someone on Hilarys Instagram asked if Justin was living with them and she replied he just happened to be there when it snowed? Really Hilary?? 

Yeah I'm a bit suspicious of her answer as well.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Well, since he hasn't officially moved out of his parents' home yet, i.e., they're not married, she can say he isn't living with them.  Of course that doesn't mean he isn't spending all or most of his time there.  

Or maybe he is living with the Pecans?  ?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 14

On 1/4/2021 at 9:18 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I agree it would be hard to outright ban from entering other states. Where I live I can get to 3 different states in 1 hour 15 minutes or less. One state is only 45 minutes from my house and there are community members that work in that state. I would guess that a lot of (continental) states border at least 3 states (Maine, Washington, Florida, South Carolina are exceptions and there are 15 states that border another country). I think the key is what you said, they need to obey the quarantine laws and if they work in a different state each state needs to have rules to how to deal with that issue. Again, another reason the US needed federal guidance and then states work out the unique situations for their states. 

There are places where it isn't possible. I live on the Nebraska-Iowa border. People from Iowa come to our town (on the Nebraska side of the river) to shop for groceries as it is a ten mile trip as opposed to longer distance to stay in Iowa. Half the cars at our supermarket or WalMart are from Iowa at any given time. When I worked in Omaha, I had co-workers who lived in Iowa and commuted as Council Bluffs, IA is just across the river. I know people who live on the Nebraska side and work on the Iowa side, too. 

Then there is Kansas City where there are neighborhoods where one side of the street is in Kansas and the other in Missouri. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Out of curiosity do people live on the Canada side and work in the USA or vice versa is it even allowed? 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Or maybe he is living with the Pecans?

From memory I think their new home (someone found it after they posted pics of Davia in front of the house number) is only 3 bedrooms, a tight squeeze for their family.  I think it’s more likely that Justin is bunking in with Claire’s brothers but Hilary/jimbob  doesn’t  want it known that he’s lining there.

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

There are places where it isn't possible

States shutting borders here has caused huge problems for Australian border communities like Albury Wodonga on the NSW/ Victorian border, and Tweed Heads/Coolangatta on the NSW/Queensland border, plus many others.  A woman lost one of her unborn twins because she wasn’t allowed to cross to her nearest maternity hospital in Queensland and had to wait many hours to be airlifted to a Sydney hospital. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/nsw-woman-denied-queensland-border-exemption-for-emergency-case-loses-unborn-twin-c-1272490.

They did introduce permits and a “border bubble” for the border communities eventually, but it’s not without issues, including long delays.  Many people live in one state and work, go to school, medical appointments, shop etc in the next state.

Edited by Karma
Correcting a mistake
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

21 minutes ago, Karma said:

From memory I think their new home (someone found it after they posted pics of Davia in front of the house number) is only 3 bedrooms, a tight squeeze for their family.  I think it’s more likely that Justin is bunking in with Claire’s brothers but Hilary/jimbob  doesn’t  want it known that he’s lining there.

States shutting borders here has caused huge problems for Australian border communities like Albury Wodonga on the NSW/ Victorian border, and Tweed Heads/Coolangatta on the NSW/Queensland border, plus many others.  A woman lost one of her unborn twins because she wasn’t allowed to cross to her nearest maternity hospital in Queensland and had to wait many hours to be airlifted to a Sydney hospital. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/nsw-woman-denied-queensland-border-exemption-for-emergency-case-loses-unborn-twin-c-1272490.

They did introduce permits and a “border bubble” for the border communities eventually, but it’s not without issues, including long delays.  Many people live in one state and work, go to school, medical appointments, shop etc in the next state.

Just wanted to flag this because I remember when this story broke at the time and it was very sensationalised. She didn’t actually TRY to cross the border, apply for a permit, explain to police that she was going to the hospital. She apparently asked her doctor beforehand if she’d be allowed to cross to give birth and was told no, but that was the doctor giving bad information & she definitely wasn’t turned away at the border. Also they were deliberately vague about timing (“found out on Thursday” “had surgery on Friday”) because the baby had already died before she went to Lismore, going to the closer hospital instead wouldn’t have changed that.

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Out of curiosity do people live on the Canada side and work in the USA or vice versa is it even allowed? 

I’m curious about this too. I’ve heard of people living/working different sides of European borders, but with EU countries you wouldn’t need a passport every time. Living on an island we don’t have these questions!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Smee said:

Just wanted to flag this because I remember when this story broke at the time and it was very sensationalised. She didn’t actually TRY to cross the border, apply for a permit, explain to police that she was going to the hospital. She apparently asked her doctor beforehand if she’d be allowed to cross to give birth and was told no, but that was the doctor giving bad information & she definitely wasn’t turned away at the border. Also they were deliberately vague about timing (“found out on Thursday” “had surgery on Friday”) because the baby had already died before she went to Lismore, going to the closer hospital instead wouldn’t have changed that.

I’m curious about this too. I’ve heard of people living/working different sides of European borders, but with EU countries you wouldn’t need a passport every time. Living on an island we don’t have these questions!

Yeah I have heard of London people working in Paris and taking the train over.... such a foreign concept. Two hours and I can’t even get out of my city. Bloody traffic. 
edit to add omg I had not heard about the lady with the twins. Fuck you covid. That’s horrific. Poor women poor family. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

The Guardian is pretty good with facts - here’s some info about the poor woman whose baby died. 

Annastacia (ugh) showed her true colours when she said that Qld hospitals are ONLY for Qld patients. IMO she has blood on her hands.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/29/queensland-minister-says-nsw-woman-whose-unborn-twin-baby-died-was-not-denied-healthcare

Second link for sensationalism ;) 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8641343/amp/Comrade-Anna-blasted-saying-Queensland-hospitals-people.html

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have heard of London people working in Paris and taking the train over

That people does not commute daily. The trip is not that short and is expensive. I think that cases are rare exceptions or just do it sometimes or for short periods.

What is more common is people working in Swizerland but living in France or in Germany. But usually the place they live and the place they work is very near. It also happens between Holland and Belgium.

I have a friend from San Diego and he told me lots of Tijuana citizens commute every day to San Diego to work. Also he went to a Cayholic school there and had Tijuana classmates. I thought it was difficult to cross the US border. Are there permissions for workers/students?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Yes, the US issues cards to people who frequently cross the border for work or school. It’s a specific type of visitor visa.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I live in Austria and people who commute daily over the border are quite common here (from Austria to Switzerland, Liechtenstein or Germany. From Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary to Austria). Of course you have to live and work near to the border.

Commuters are exempted from the Covid measures.

There also are some exceptions for people who have care-dependent relatives on the other side of the border.

• Upvote 2

My (french) brother-in-law worked for a time as a legal attaché at the EU Council of Europe in Strasbourg. It is right on the border with France and Germany and the town is seperated by the Rhine. Even if the German town on the other bank is smaller than the French side, he said some people did cross the bridge daily to go to work at the EU institutions.

I know for example that some cities within Canada are also over two provincial borders, but could be considered one urban agglomeration. Like Ottawa-Gatineau. Ottawa being on the Ontario side and Gatineau on the Québec side. I think during Covid, they permitted people to keep crossing the border and considered Ottawa-Gatineau as one urban area.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Well, I reckon he just happens to sleep in their guest bedroom, too. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes! I live in a state the borders Canada. Here, you can get a provisional driver's license that allows you to cross the border without a passport. My mom works for an accounting firm and she has mentioned that they have clients (she's never named names, obviously) who live in our state and work in Canada.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I know that many people live in Windsor and work in Detroit, and vice versa. I was in the Nursing Program in Windsor and I think there were placements in Detroit in your fourth year but I switched to History in my second.  There is a fast lane at the border and you need a Nexus card to speed the process up. I’ve seen the Nexus lanes at other border crossings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Many people in the south of Sweden work in Denmark and up north there’s one Swedish and one Finnish town that has pretty much combined into one town. There are Swedish people that work in Norway as well but most that I’ve heard of doesn’t commute every day. 

• Upvote 3

Lots of people in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland live in one area and work in another. If you look at the areas that voted for Brexit they are overwhelmingly in the East of NI in non-border areas. Those living there have no real idea of how many people's livelihoods are dependent on frictionless borders.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic