IGNORED

Pretty sure I've just been defrauded by a fundie blog

celestial

Kim at life in a shoe is currently doing a giveaway of the "modest middle nursing tank". It's a tank top that is so low cut, your boobs stick out of the neckline. You're supposed to wear the modest middle under a regular shirt so that you don't expose your tummy to everyone (god forbid) when you put your baby under your shirt to nurse in public. Ok, pretty standard modest mommy stuff... but they have a couple shots of someone modeling the product sans overshirt. The pics strike me as somehow kind of sexy (boobs popping out of shirts! come on!). I was just kind of surprised that someone who wouldn't allow her daughters to wear a tank top doesn't seem to have a prob with having such a pic on her site.

Whoa mama! T hat is a sexy pic!

I would have liked one of those when I was nursing my kidlets. I would have liked to have felt like my muffin top/back fat wasn't exposed for the world to see. :lol:

I wear a long, low cut cami for this reason exactly! Mine were $8 at Target and have lasted through two kids (that is, more than 4 years of nearly constant use, and I wore them through most of my last pregnancy as well because a long tank lets you wear your own shirts longer). How much are they charging for these marvels? Just out of curiosity, I bet it is a lot more than Target!

I wear a long, low cut cami for this reason exactly! Mine were $8 at Target and have lasted through two kids (that is, more than 4 years of nearly constant use, and I wore them through most of my last pregnancy as well because a long tank lets you wear your own shirts longer). How much are they charging for these marvels? Just out of curiosity, I bet it is a lot more than Target!

Just visited the product site (which doesn't strike me as all that modest!) and the standard model appears to be 30 bucks plus shipping. Target it is not!

I used Target's nursing cami's- even more modest and very comfy for those of us not overly well endowed. No need for an extra bra. Also long lasting and cheap.

plus you can easily make one me thinks.

Wal-mart also has a great nursing cami for about 5 dollars. I'm new here, so just wondering where you'd put Kim and her crew on the fundy scale? The girls wear jeans/cut their hair/wear makeup. I think they go to a pretty mainstream church from what I've read. But dad works at VF and,obviously, they're quiverful. Thoughts?

I used Target's nursing cami's- even more modest and very comfy for those of us not overly well endowed. No need for an extra bra. Also long lasting and cheap.

Alas, I was a 46 G whilst nursing so my options were so limited....

Wal-mart also has a great nursing cami for about 5 dollars. I'm new here, so just wondering where you'd put Kim and her crew on the fundy scale? The girls wear jeans/cut their hair/wear makeup. I think they go to a pretty mainstream church from what I've read. But dad works at VF and,obviously, they're quiverful. Thoughts?

I would say the fact they wear jeans puts them at fundy-lite.

Guest Anonymous

I would say the fact they wear jeans puts them at fundy-lite.

For me, the fact that Kim thinks women with ectopic pregnancies should quit their whining and just die already lands them deep in fundie territory, jeans or no jeans.

I noticed she changed her header. The old one had girls in tank tops, looking relatively normal, and now they are just ATI'd out with collared shirts and all.

For me, the fact that Kim thinks women with ectopic pregnancies should quit their whining and just die already lands them deep in fundie territory, jeans or no jeans.

I didn't know that. Agreed. :shock:

New header! The second one from the right looks rebellious. Maybe she'll be the one to break free from the Cost-Co "bunkbeds"

Free (what's her name?)

I didn't know that. Agreed. :shock:

Yup, I'd say they're fundie for sure. They're just a slightly more "expressive" breed. Kim has said the women are "mostly skirts, most of the time" but they seem to allow the older girls more wiggle room there. The pics of little ones I see are always in skirts or dresses. But as for their religious beliefs about things like procreation and gender roles, they are well within fundie territory.

New header! The second one from the right looks rebellious. Maybe she'll be the one to break free from the Cost-Co "bunkbeds"

Free (what's her name?)

Yeah, it's from the annual VF shot at the Alamo. From the pics I've seen of them, they don't usually dress like this. I don't think they are into ATI. As for tank tops, I seem to remember that they'll allow sleeveless shirts, but not actual tank tops with straps.

Second from the right is Lydia. Personally, I'm rooting for ALL of them to break free! They seem to be a spunky, spirited set of girls, and I think they have a wee bit more exposure to the outside world than is typical for fundies.

Archived