IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 7: Biden Starts Working While Trump Tries To Blow Up The World

GreyhoundFan

15 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That might be the rate he charges Trump but I don't think he'll see that money from him.

Hey just because Giuliani uses a box dye doesn't mean he uses it properly. I have never colored my hair but if you're trying to do a quick job and just put the color on and rinse it off without putting any fixing or anything would it drip like that? I'm not even sure if I'm using all the correct terms.

Not any that I've ever used, but I am capable of reading the instructions so Idk about Rudy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I guess I look at it differently.  If after living in this bizarro world for four years, you still intentionally went out and voted for Trump this month, you knew exactly what you doing.  And you probably have no regrets because you knew exactly what you were doing. 

I still find it hard to believe that this evil, anti-American POS got as many votes as he did.  But we have to face the fact that nearly half of the American public are thoroughly racist and disdainful of democracy.  Trump will soon land in the ash heap of history.  But his fans aren't going anywere, and that's scary. 

I totally get that. And really, I feel similarly. Except I keep running into people who seem to literally be living in an alternate reality where Trump has done some "good things" and "is more together than Biden" and "is a scummy guy but OK as president". 

I have no idea why these people think this. But I know a lot of them. 

Most of these people do not read much, don't participate online much (though some use Facebook a bit), and watch/consume a minimum of news. They don't read Trump's tweets. They don't listen to any of his speeches. They've never read the terrifyingly rambling transcripts of one of Trump's whinefests. They might have the local TV news on for half an hour while just before dinner, and that's about it. They are Christian though not dogmatic, conservative because they were brought up that way, and most don't have much education past high school. They're not stupid, but they weren't top of their class, either. They're not wearing MAGA hats and they don't go to his rallies. But they voted for him, because they don't vote democrat/believe the republican commercials they've seen/have heard "christian leaders" endorse Trump or, let's be honest, have internalized racism that makes them wary of Biden (VP to a black president) and Harris (a black/asian woman).

I really wish that there was a non-biased way to require that people understand a minimum of civics, or an education campaign to teach people how to research and understand candidates rather than believing smear commercials or just voting R because daddy always did. 

But then we would be asking more of voters than we do of candidates, essentially. You know Trump knows nothing about anything other than putting money in his own pocket.

• Upvote 18

Finally , some Republican senators have called out Trump's shenanigans .  

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Thursday said directly what no other current Republican elected official is willing to say about Donald Trump: that the president is actively seeking to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s historic victory in the 2020 presidential election.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Romney condemned Trump for pressuring local GOP officials in states that Trump clearly lost to appoint pro-Trump electors ― overruling the will of the people ― in a last-ditch effort to tilt the Electoral College in his favor and steal the election.

“Having failed to make even a plausible case of widespread fraud or conspiracy before any court of law, the President has now resorted to overt pressure on state and local officials to subvert the will of the people and overturn the election,” Romney, the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, said in a statement.

“It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American President,” the senator added... 

“Wild press conferences erode public trust. So no, obviously Rudy and his buddies should not pressure electors to ignore their certification obligations under the statute. We are a nation of laws, not tweets,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said in a statement that did not directly mention Trump.

The Nebraska senator noted that even as Trump’s legal team has sought to portray some vast electoral scheme against the president in public, they’ve refused to actually allege fraud in court filings “because there are legal consequences for lying to judges.”

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), a member of the Senate GOP leadership who was reelected this month, offered a mild rebuke of Trump’s voter fraud claims in an interview earlier Thursday with conservative radio host Guy Benson.

“They have to be able to show that proof. I haven’t seen proof yet. There are a lot of allegations out there. That’s why we have the court system,” Ernst said.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-election-overturn-biden-045819284.html

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

2 minutes ago, Marmion said:

If they'd all do it, we'd be better off! 

Even if they're just covering their own butts for potential future political reasons, I'll give them a tiny amount of kudos for trying to unhitch from the Trump wagon as it goes over the cliff. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

A good read:

image.png.8399a0028e4d8af85a583b4d853b3488.png

The rest of the thread is under the spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.76c8a32bfa1547de90d9503b0786c2e2.png

image.png.e141c7c08f93de7e8bb475d7ffff4c71.png

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 6

20 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Back to the hair dye.

Surreal doesn't cover it.  I am actually beginning to think I fell into a deep coma a few years ago and I'm having this really bizarre coma nightmare that I can't wake up from. 

This cannot be real life.   Please tell me you guys aren't real and all of this is just a figment of my unconscious imagination and soon the church bells will ring and I will wake up and it will be Christmas and I'll toss down half a crown to the boy on the street to buy a goose for the Cratchits. 

Thank you.

I wish. Politically, anyway. I keep veering between "this shit is ridiculous" and "being terrified that people actually believe this shit". 

15 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

When I was letting my hair go gray from being dyed brown, I used hair color powder to cover the white stripe at my scalp until it was long enough that I could cut off  just enough color to have a cool effect. That powder would have run if wet. I wonder if he maybe powdered his temples or something.

Not dye, but one of those tinted filler powders that are supposed to enhance thinning hair?

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Oh, gee, some of them actually have an imitation of a spine!

• Upvote 7

So can someone more informed than I tell me, if Trump is suing, when do all these cases need to litigated by? Could this drag out beyond 1/20/21? I need to know if my blood pressure might kill me before this is all truly over! Thanks-

I am telling you, I am getting more angry with Trump’s actions as each day goes by- 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

So can someone more informed than I tell me, if Trump is suing, when do all these cases need to litigated by? Could this drag out beyond 1/20/21? I need to know if my blood pressure might kill me before this is all truly over! Thanks-
I am telling you, I am getting more angry with Trump’s actions as each day goes by- 

IIRC, 8 December is the deadline to have figured all the legal crap out but I don’t have a link handy for sourcing.
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

45 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Oh, gee, some of them actually have an imitation of a spine!

Right?! This is pissing me off even more - they couldn’t have found it back when he was impeached??

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not any that I've ever used, but I am capable of reading the instructions so Idk about Rudy.

Following instructions is tyranny.

*Enters shower clutching a toaster*

• Haha 18

When I read this, my first thought was that speech Tiffany Trump gave in support of her father, where she made a deliberate point to leave out transgender Americans.

Spoiler

• Upvote 7

So one of the names that I have seen tossed around for President Biden's attorney general is Merrick Garland. Wouldn't that be an awesome turn of events, especially if he could somehow bring Mitch McConnell down.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

So one of the names that I have seen tossed around for President Biden's attorney general is Merrick Garland. Wouldn't that be an awesome turn of events, especially if he could somehow bring Mitch McConnell down.

Do you know anything about him?  The little I've read today said he's pretty centrist and likely to be okayed by the GOP, but that's based on just scanning forums as I know nothing about him myself.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think he's suing so he can pretend to his crazy ass base that he really won in a landslide and that the Deep State Communist Chinese Pizza Pedophile Demoncrat Libtards stole the election with the help of Venezuela, the late Fidel Castro, and of course, Obama. 

He knows he lost, but he's only too happy to get half of America to question the validity of our entire system just as long as they don't see him as a Loser.

The electors will vote on 12/14. They'll follow their states' rules and Biden will officially be sworn in 1/20/21.  Trump can sue anyone he wants during and after that time, but he has absolutely no proof to back up any of his claims so one by one they'll be dismissed.  His term ends on January 20, regardless of what he's trying to litigate at that time.  I believe he'll slink out the side door before that date, but if he isn't gone by the time Biden is sworn in, he will be forcibly removed from the White House. 

Does he to get a pardon for federal crimes before all this plays out?  Does he escalate talk of second amendment "solutions" to his base?  Does he get indicted for tax fraud?  Does he start a new network for ex-Fox viewers where he broadcasts his four weekly post-election rallies and roundtable talk shows where each guest goes around the non-socially distanced circle telling him all about how amazing he is?  And what about Melania?   How soon does she divorce him and from which former Soviet Union country does he order his new bride?

These are the things I want to know.  But I don't have any doubt that he will no longer be president on January 20. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

IIRC, 8 December is the deadline to have figured all the legal crap out but I don’t have a link handy for sourcing.

Here is a link I have found , if anyone is interested .   

The first deadline facing Trump is the “safe harbor” date established in federal law following the disputed election of President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876.

Under the Electoral Count Act of 1887, states have until six days before the Electoral College meets to resolve any election-related disputes and finish any recounts of the votes cast.

This year, that date is Dec. 8, after which states no longer have to consider any further issues and can certify their presidential election results.

The vast majority of states have laws that set the same deadlines for certifying the vote counts and resolving court cases, all of which fall within 30 days of the election, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

But eight — Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia — require “that disputes surrounding the selection of presidential electors be resolved in time to meet the ‘safe harbor,’ deadline,” the NACL’s website says.  

The next deadline that Trump faces is the meeting of the Electoral College, whose 538 members convene in their respective states and actually elect the president.

Under a law passed in 1948, that vote takes place “on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December,” which this year is Dec. 14.

William and Mary law professor Rebecca Green recently told CNN that the Electoral College Act — which created the “safe harbor” deadline — “is tremendously complex and leaves a lot of gaps.”

Ohio State law professor Edward “Ned” Foley, an expert in election law, told CNN that he considered the Dec. 8 deadline “optional,” but insisted the Dec. 14 deadline was “a real hard stop” because of the legal requirement for electors to meet and vote.

Former Federal Election Commission lawyer Adav Noti told Milwaukee’s Fox 6 that “there’s really no reason to think that the Dec. 8 date is going to present any difficulty, even in the states that are conducting recounts

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/how-long-can-trump-keep-contesting-2020-election-results/   

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Grifting grifters who grift.

I’m sure they are diligently keeping records to differentiate those who donated under the 60% criteria and those who donated under 75% so there is clear transparency in the financials.  

sure they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

Fox News thinks the upper peninsula of Michigan is part of Canada!

The reason why Michigan was given this peninsula , by the United States government , was in order to placate their then young , hotheaded governor , who had threatened to make war upon the State of Ohio , over a disputed claim to the territory surrounding the present day City of Toledo .   

https://www.history.com/news/the-toledo-war-when-michigan-and-ohio-nearly-came-to-blows  Sometimes the historic truth is stranger than fiction , which I supposecould also be said about the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election itself .  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic