IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 7: Biden Starts Working While Trump Tries To Blow Up The World

GreyhoundFan

This thread is for the new administration. I am hoping it will be an extremely boring thread with very few scandals and conspiracies, good for when you need something dull to read before bedtime. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

On 11/21/2020 at 3:06 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I'm reading a  Twitter thread  from a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter about the recount that is currently going on.

image.png.18c784f2558f11d14db91f17b4c41964.png

Hide contents

image.png.8e57c89b46df01f665c070de17070984.png

:shakehead2:

The observers are giving me flashbacks to presiding over a physical inventory audited by accountants.  There is nothing calming about doing your job while someone stands there and questions everything.  

On 11/22/2020 at 12:19 AM, AmazonGrace said:

GA taxpayers would pay.

GA should take a page from WI's book and insist on the cash upfront.  Trump campaign had to wire them the payment for the recount before they would start.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

I'm increasingly sure that all this legal BS is just a hook for Trump to beg for money from his supporters, to pocket as much as possible before leaving office. 

Once he's left office, assuming he's not in handcuffs, he'll be charging his supporters for events and speeches, selling merch, and fundraising for future campaigns.

And, of course, he'll be raking in taxpayer dollars for the rest of his life. The secret service will be paying full price per night plus meals at Trump resorts 24/7/365 until both he and Melania die. (Although, that's a rule Obama signed into place, so maybe someone can tell him that and he'll retract it out of spite.)

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm increasingly sure that all this legal BS is just a hook for Trump to beg for money from his supporters, to pocket as much as possible before leaving office. 

Once he's left office, assuming he's not in handcuffs, he'll be charging his supporters for events and speeches, selling merch, and fundraising for future campaigns.

And, of course, he'll be raking in taxpayer dollars for the rest of his life. The secret service will be paying full price per night plus meals at Trump resorts 24/7/365 until both he and Melania die. (Although, that's a rule Obama signed into place, so maybe someone can tell him that and he'll retract it out of spite.)

I agree this is a large part of it and would be happening anyway, but I do believe they're also working on ways to flip state electors.  As bad as a simple cash grab from a sitting president is, it's one of his more wholesome activities.  I do think there is more to it, though.  I'm hoping the states continue to hold to their certification and keep the electors as they are.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Methinks a complaint to the bar is in order here.

The attorney leading President Donald Trump’s recount effort in Wisconsin voted illegally according to his own legal argument that in-person absentee ballots should be thrown out. So did his wife.

Jim Troupis, a former Dane County judge and Cross Plains attorney who is representing the Trump campaign, would not answer questions about why he and his wife voted that way.

Troupis and his wife voted early using the state's in-person absentee option — one of a group of voters whose ballots the Trump campaign has asked election officials to deem illegal.

Their names appeared on exhibits Troupis submitted to the Dane County Board of Canvassers on Sunday, during the county's third day of retallying ballots. The exhibits include lists of voters who voted in a manner the campaign alleges is illegal, an argument the Board of Canvassers has rejected. The information was provided by Dane County to both campaigns.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This thread is for the new administration. I am hoping it will be an extremely boring thread with very few scandals and conspiracies, good for when you need something dull to read before bedtime.

That will be so nice.

I do wish there were people he could appoint named Winken and Nod, though, to work with Blinken.

I'm sure Antony was already sick of those jokes when he was five years old, but, having never heard of him before a few days ago, I just can't help thinking it.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

Yeah this ought to get Bonespur Buttplug and his supporters all bent out of shape.

The NY Times is reporting President-elect Joe Biden is preparing to name several top national security picks Tuesday, according to his transition office. The picks will include Alejandro Mayorkas, the first Latino to be Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security; Avril Haines, the first woman to be Director of National Intelligence; and a former secretary of state, John Kerry, as special Presidential Envoy on Climate.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

10 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

That will be so nice.

I do wish there were people he could appoint named Winken and Nod, though, to work with Blinken.

I'm sure Antony was already sick of those jokes when he was five years old, but, having never heard of him before a few days ago, I just can't help thinking it.

Someone on Twitter noted that A. Blinken sounds a lot like Abe Lincoln.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

Wonder whether the movers have been hired to empty the WH of Trump's stuff, and what the destination address is.

46 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree this is a large part of it and would be happening anyway, but I do believe they're also working on ways to flip state electors.  As bad as a simple cash grab from a sitting president is, it's one of his more wholesome activities.  I do think there is more to it, though.  I'm hoping the states continue to hold to their certification and keep the electors as they are.

Agree the electors are, or are near, Trump's bottom line.  Rest of the circus may be noise and red herrings.

Perhaps he's planning to go on a final international tour and will be "delayed" someplace he doesn't intend to return from?

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder whether the movers have been hired to empty the WH of Trump's stuff, and what the destination address is.

Agree the electors are, or are near, Trump's bottom line.  Rest of the circus may be noise and red herrings.

Perhaps he's planning to go on a final international tour and will be "delayed" someplace he doesn't intend to return from?

Is he allowed to decline secret service immediately?  I know they can eventually (the Carters did) but right from jump his insider info is relatively fresh and thus more valuable so I'm curious if he can decline and get rid of his government watchdogs right away.

What country would want him?  Unless they have a purpose for using him I can't imagine any country would want to be bothered with housing what you know will be his on going temper tantrum.  

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What country would want him?  Unless they have a purpose for using him I can't imagine any country would want to be bothered with housing what you know will be his on going temper tantrum.

For all we know he's already housed.  He has multiple residences in the US so why not overseas?  Minimal red tape, smoother move.

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is he allowed to decline secret service immediately?  I know they can eventually (the Carters did) but right from jump his insider info is relatively fresh and thus more valuable so I'm curious if he can decline and get rid of his government watchdogs right away.

Oh that's a good point. I was thinking of him enjoying milking taxpayers of as much money as possible (plus the "look how important I am" factor) would have him wanting Secret Service protection forever. But if some of the creditors he owes $400+ million to agree to waive some of that in exchange for state secrets, I could see him taking them up on it. He's slimy and thinks he's bulletproof. And of course he could literally kiss Putin's ass at the front of a rally and then hand him the keys to the White House and the Trumpsters would find some way to spin it as him "saving the country" somehow.

• Upvote 14

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Actually I'm hoping there is a string of exciting moments before the boring part sets in.

I'm referring to the exciting moments as various bad Trump actions get overturned.

"The U.S. has rejoined the Paris Accord!" and

"The plans to drill in ANWR have been halted!" and 

"The children have been reunited with their families!"

:pray::pray::pray:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 10

25 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Emily Murphy putting House Democrats off:

She's pretending she can't videocall.

Funny, many five and six year olds have had to figure out how to go to school using zoom.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Actually I'm hoping there is a string of exciting moments before the boring part sets in.

I'm referring to the exciting moments as various bad Trump actions get overturned.

"The U.S. has rejoined the Paris Accord!" and

"The plans to drill in ANWR have been halted!" and 

"The children have been reunited with their families!"

:pray::pray::pray:

Can we add "National guard/military setting up free Covid vaccine centers in every state!" "New stimulus aid passed!" and "Former President Trump arrested by NY state authorities, to be held without bail!"

• Upvote 18

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic