IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 7: Biden Starts Working While Trump Tries To Blow Up The World

GreyhoundFan

The judge today in Pennsylvania dismissed the Trump campaign's bid to block certification.  

“In other words, Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise almost seven million voters,” U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann wrote in a 37-page opinion. “This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated. One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens.”

“That has not happened,” Brann emphasized. “Instead, this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence. In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more.”

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 4

And in yet another chapter of the Groundhog Day election - President Fucknut is demanding a recount of the recount. Apparently, he wants to lose Georgia again. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Does anyone else just think "how are these guys in power when they are just this dumb?" Or is that just me?

I've been thinking this, off and on, since Nixon, through Reagan, George W . . . But these shits really do take the cake.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

This was a fairly large headline on the Fox site, describing the Pennsylvania lawsuit being thrown out. In the article, it says Michigan is expected to certify Monday "at which point Trump will have officially lost any possibility of securing the required 270 Electoral College votes needed for re-election."

If Fox is willing to say this, I'm beginning to think the end truly is in sight.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsylvania-judge-throws-out-trump-lawsuit-biden-win

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

This thread helps a bit

Today’s decision turns out to help us in our strategy to get expeditiously to the US Supreme Court.

This, again, shows that they believe that by having an R majority in the SC, they only have to get any case up before them and you automatically win your case. And, again, this belief shows just how nefarious, corrupt, and how utterly dumb they are. Because in bringing a case to the SC, the appellant must...

... show that the trial court made a legal error that affected the decision in the case.  The appellant prepares a written document, or brief, discussing the legal arguments.  In the brief, the appellant tries to explain that the trial court made errors, and that its decision should be reversed.  In this process, appellants cite previous court cases that support their point of view.

Ergo, they must make a legal case and cite precedent. We all know they aren’t capable of doing either.

In other words, this strategy will get Trump precisely nowhere.

Also, although I firmly believe that Amy Coney Barret is corrupt and Kavanaugh is either corrupt or being blackmailed, and they are willing to do what McConnell wants, I’m not sure about Gorsuch or the other R justices, least of all Roberts— who as recently as this year voted with the D’s. Trump may believe his R majority in the SC will automatically vote in his favor, but that isn’t necessarily a given.

Also also, aren’t there time constraints in getting the case(s) before the SC? Don’t the states have to certify the election results before December 8 and isn’t the legal deadline for the EC to cast their votes December 14? This means there is no time for the cases to go through all the appeals courts right up to the SC, and go through the SC appellant procedures before the EC votes are cast. Maybe there is some slight wiggle room until the EC votes are officially tallied by Congress on January 6th, but given the holiday period in December that doesn’t give them much of an advantage. In other words, they don’t have enough time for their strategy to work.

• Upvote 10

I have never played a lawyer on TV but from what I gathered from this thread, being dismissed with prejudice restricts Trump from throwing more crap on the wall aka "amending the complaint" in the appeals stage. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Hypothetical question: if before the runoffs Loeffler were to become permanently incapacitated and unable to run, what would happen? Do the R’s get to appoint another candidate, or does the seat automatically go to de D candidate? 

• Upvote 6

Slightly off topic, but still..

I'm just watching the ski race in Levi, and there was just the situation when the third austrian girl finished first (so we had place 1, 2 and 3) and the austrian tv commentator: as a 'famous' politician would say now: stop the count, we win.

my dad and me were just laughing our ass off here

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Hypothetical question: if before the runoffs Loeffler were to become permanently incapacitated and unable to run, what would happen? Do the R’s get to appoint another candidate, or does the seat automatically go to de D candidate? 

It's too late to take her off the ballot at this point.  If she wins and is unable to serve, Brian Kemp would appoint someone and that person would serve until the next special election.  This is how she got the seat in the first place...it's Johnny Isakson's seat, not hers.  

• Thank You 12

When even Trump doesn't believe your shite conspiracy theories.

Embiggened pic under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e23e84b18b8446209148c40266cc2e72.png

image.thumb.png.17b73b983aeb37da34f53900bf320c73.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Much like Trump’s “grab them by the pussy comment” that Loeffler claims to have never heard, maybe she hasn’t heard of Covid either.

• Upvote 6

It will be nice to have actual intelligent people who trust experts to do their jobs.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

35 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh, honey...

I expect more will crawl out of the woodwork.  The Washington state Republican candidate for governor, who was soundly defeated, refuses to concede and is spewing conspiracy theories left and right.  He and 20 of his supporters showed up at our state capitol and banged on the door demanding a recount, or something.  Crazy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I expect more will crawl out of the woodwork.  The Washington state Republican candidate for governor, who was soundly defeated, refuses to concede and is spewing conspiracy theories left and right.  He and 20 of his supporters showed up at our state capitol and banged on the door demanding a recount, or something.  Crazy. 

I actually heard some people at work talk about this a couple weeks ago during lunch time, that they were sure Culp had the election stolen from him and that he really won. In their minds, there was just no way that Washington West of the Cascades didn't go for Culp as well as the park east of the Cascades. Culp was the police chief and only officer of the small town of Republic, Washington, a town of about a thousand people if I remember correctly. After he took the month of September off to campaign, the town eliminated his position and now get their law enforcement from the county sheriff.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic