IGNORED

Patheos NLQ Suzanne Titmeyer/Calulu Stepping Down

Cults-r-us

Possible unpopular opinion here.

I stumbled upon her due to ramblings from Katie Joy (note - I'm not a KJ fan at all and that's a whole other topic and prefer not to discuss it at length.  I'll just say - I have multiple issues with her & how she operates).

I like Suzanne.  I follow her youtube channel now (they are typically brief and to the point) and I'm not familiar with her from NLQ. 

She has health issues.  Her husband just had a health issue.  And the Steve Anderson crazy followers are doing really creepy/stalkery things (and she lives in Costa Rica for crying out loud)

She will probably keep up her personal blog a bit (Calulu - which I get emails from)  and said something about some book projects she has in the works that she'll now have time to finish. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Possible unpopular opinion here.

I stumbled upon her due to ramblings from Katie Joy (note - I'm not a KJ fan at all and that's a whole other topic and prefer not to discuss it at length.  I'll just say - I have multiple issues with her & how she operates).

I like Suzanne.  I follow her youtube channel now (they are typically brief and to the point) and I'm not familiar with her from NLQ. 

She has health issues.  Her husband just had a health issue.  And the Steve Anderson crazy followers are doing really creepy/stalkery things (and she lives in Costa Rica for crying out loud)

She will probably keep up her personal blog a bit (Calulu - which I get emails from)  and said something about some book projects she has in the works that she'll now have time to finish. 

I stumbled across KJ during the hardcore lockdown part of quarantine. I liked her videos at first but then quickly (within a few days). Got to a point where I didn’t care for her. She’s got her own agenda too. She’s not out there just selflessly exposing people (Even if these people do deserve to be exposed)  for no reason. She’s got a an angle for sure. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

It's no secret to anyone that has been around FJ for a while that I think she is an unhinged lunatic that has no place running a site like N L Q.  That being said, no one should have to put up with inappropriate behavior from PP's crazy followers and I'm sorry to hear she and her husband are having health issues.

• Upvote 13

I discovered Quiverfull families via the NLQ blog back when Garrison was running it. Over the years, I learned to take the posts with a (sometimes large) grain of salt. I hope the blog improves under new management.

• Upvote 4

She said some not true things about JRod and claimed them to be fact.  When I called her out her leghumpers attacked me.  No me gusta.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fallgirl30 said:

She said some not true things about JRod and claimed them to be fact.  When I called her out her leghumpers attacked me.  No me gusta.

I was sitting here before reading your post thinking the same thing. I was at the time dismayed she believed what she read on reddit without critically examining the content. FJ immediately recognized a troll in Rod's clothing. Sorry about the attack of the NLQ trolls. No bueno. I did enjoy her ongoing scuffles with the Alexanders, though. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Text speak
  • Upvote 1

There's some names there a recognise from my brief foray at LJF.  More PC than thou.

I'm familiar with the No Longer Quivering name, but never spent much time reading there. I hopped over to refresh my memory after seeing this, and was reminded of why. This is from a book review: 

Pages spent puzzling over how Ohioans supposedly think they are Southerns with ‘y’all’ and ‘Miss so n so’. As a Southern who has spent time in Ohio this seems so so wrong. I’ve never picked up on that.

They think they are "Southerns"? Wtf? Once could be a typo. Twice in a row seems like bad writing. Not as bad as the book under review, but still. 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, Curious said:

It's no secret to anyone that has been around FJ for a while that I think she is an unhinged lunatic that has no place running a site like N L Q.

No kidding! Good riddance to her. She ran that entire site DEEP into the ground. It ran out of relevant steam a long time ago, and basically just became a “Lori Alexander Said Something Stupid Today” blog. Quoting obviously fake ass people more times than I can count also kinda doesn’t help.

• Upvote 1