• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• fraurosena

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

I just had a teacher thought. I've never really noticed where lecterns are in a debate, and don't know if the people planning them flip a coin, or if there is a standard arrangement.

But I just looked at that very funny picture with the towel, and it made me think about the fact that, to viewers, Trump was on the left of the screen.

I can imagine an argument in which Trump had a hissy fit about wanting to be on the right onstage, and couldn't be made to understand that, to the viewers, that would put him on the left.

I labeled it a "teacher thought" because teachers get very accustomed to things like reversing left and right when modeling actions for small children. But, eventually, kids can understand that left and right appear reversed when facing a person.

I used to prep my classroom music students with games and dances throughout second grade, to make sure they were all ready, by third grade, to see me model playing the recorder correctly, and understand that my hands looked "backwards" because I was facing them. Roughly half of them didn't need the help.

I think Trump is at a developmental level where that would still be a problem for him.

And, yes, it was all imagined - I know of no such actual hissy fit among the many hissy fits Trump throws daily.

Edited by thoughtful
removing redundancy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

image.png.e28422d43364491b0522ff269a2670f5.png

"Stand Back And Stand By"

In case you missed last night’s debate, I’ll sum it up for you.

BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!

Will you shut up?

BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!BARK! BARK! BARK!BARK!BARK! Nazis stand by.

It was not a debate. It was Donald Trump trying to throw Joe Biden off his game, which he did often, but in the process, made himself look like a jerk, a bully, a moron, and a screaming racist. He made himself look like an orange lunatic.

Donald Trump’s lies weren’t just lies but wild made up bullshit, like ballots were found in a river with his name on them.

He cried about the wrong people moving into the white suburbs. He said sensitivity training on racism was “reverse racism” that affects “specific types of people.” He called for his goons to stalk voting precincts on election day (which is illegal). When Beau Biden, a veteran, was brought up, Donald Trump refused to offer condolences to his father, but said he didn’t know him, and went into another of his many attacks on his other son, Hunter Biden.

Donald Trump even attacked Hunter Biden for having a drug problem. As with all things with Trump, he usually embodies what he attacks. So, he may want to lay off attacking a man because his son had a drug problem. Just saying…sniff.

But the biggest thing he did, just like when he defended Nazis in Charlottesville, last night, he supported a white supremacist group.

When Joe Biden brought up that white hate groups commit more violent acts than fictional groups like Antifa, Trump said it wasn’t true. When it was pointed out that Christopher Wray, his FBI Director had made that statement, Trump still said it wasn’t true. And when challenged to condemn Proud Boys, a white hate group, and their violence, he said he would but then turned around and told them to “stand back and stand by.”

Stand by? Stand by for what?

Keep in mind, Donald Trump continued to claim the election would be a fraud and refused to say he’d accept the results. Is this what Proud Boys is to stand by for?

Guess what. They are. Proud Boys didn’t just tweet that they’re “standing by,” but they even made a logo out of it. Proud Boys are celebrating and saying this is “Trump’s America.” They’re standing by for violence because the president (sic) of the United States told them to. We may have reached our ugliest moment of the Trump presidency.

What Trump did last night wasn’t a dog whistle. It was a shout-out. He called for the racists to help him.

Mark Hamill tweeted the debate was “the worst thing I’ve ever seen, and I was in the Star Wars Holiday Special.” A lot of viewers blamed Fox News’ Chris Wallace, who moderated, but I don’t. It was hard to reign in. It was out of control. Chris Wallace couldn’t have done a damn to control that.

A lot of people said the microphones should be turned off for each person when the other is talking. I don’t think that would work with a lunatic like Donald Trump. Chris Wallace didn’t need to turn off Trump’s mic. Chris Wallace needed a cattle prod.

A post-debate poll showed 60% of viewers believed Biden won with 28% giving it to Trump. That 28% are Nazis. Only an imbecilic white supremacist would think what Trump did was good. But Biden didn’t so much win as much as Donald Trump lost.

Biden had his moments, such as telling Trump to shut up, calling him a clown, and calling him a racist. But for the most part, he was thrown off. But who wouldn’t have been? Have you ever had a train of thought, and while trying to deliver it, someone is barking at you? If you stop to respond to the barking clown, you lose where you were. It’s not Biden’s fault. It’s the fault of the barking clown.

Donald Trump’s campaign said he didn’t prepare much, but that’s a lie. He knew his talking points and he knew them well. I was slightly impressed he contained so much vile. You could tell he spent hours preparing. But, he prepared with a person like Rudy Giuliani. His strategy was to throw Biden off…by barking at him. For some dumb reason, the Trump campaign thought this was a great idea.

Donald Trump didn’t look like a president. He didn’t look like he controlled the room. He didn’t look like he had control of himself.

Donald Trump came off as a barking racist clown. He didn’t come off like someone you wanted as president. Even the Trump sycophants on CNN like Rick Santorum admitted it was bad.

There was immediate talk this was the last debate and there are expectations the next two will be canceled (with the Pence/Harris debate remaining). Some say Biden should refuse to be on a stage with the orange madman but I expect the Trump Campaign to cancel.

My concern was that Biden would hurt his lead in the debate. All Biden had to do was not do any damage. He didn’t do much which means he won. This 90 minutes of free air time only hurt Donald Trump…who was already hurting. Why would his campaign want to inflict more damage unto itself? Does the Trump Campaign believe they can control Trump to act like a human being at the next debate…or do they think the racist barking is good?

The best representative of the Trump campaign is also their worst.

I’m hoping there are no more debates between Trump and Biden. What we saw last night wasn’t good for anyone and it was an embarrassment for our nation. I’ve already received apologies from foreign friends this morning. I’m getting a lot of, “I’m so sorry for your country.” I heard from a person from Venezuela, “Hey…that happened to us too.”

Hopefully, what last night’s mockery of a debate did to help the nation is show we can’t have four more years of this. Hopefully, last night’s embarrassment rids us of the racist barking orange lunatic.

Last night also reminded us, it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

• Upvote 8

image.png.e219bd37cb51c5f6f4e98327d2c49f10.png

"Law And Order President"

During the Republican Convention, which was just a few weeks ago, they spent every night bringing out every single black person who’s ever had a nice thing to say about Donald Trump, like people he’s paid, to tell us he’s not a racist. Then during the very first debate, Donald Trump told us he’s a racist.

When people tell you who they are, believe them. It doesn’t matter how many black friends a person has for a photo-op when afterward, they tell a violent white supremacist group to stand by. Seriously, if Donald Trump is not a racist, then how can he dish out orders to hate groups? Order that they obey? Orders that inspire them create new logos?

Today, the Trump cult and Trump surrogates are telling us he condemned a hate group when he told them to “stand back.” But they’re not finishing the sentence.

Senator Tim Scott, a black Republican, said he believes Donald Trump “misspoke.” How much shit is Tim Scott willing to stand in? Has Trump been misspeaking for years? The leader of your party is a racist. Denial is not a racist river in Egypt. This is the toll for riding down that racist river. This is the toll to be a black Republican. You have to party with Nazis.

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy attempted to cover up for Trump and said he did condemn and disavow the hate group, despite the fact he did not. McCarthy is a great example of today’s cult that used to be the Republican Party. They have to lie when defending Trump and they have to be comfortable with racism.

Donald Trump encouraged a hate group. He told them to “stand by.” In case you don’t believe me that he encouraged the hate group, then believe the hate group. Within minutes, literally, the hate group addressed, Proud Boys, posted on social media a brand new logo proclaiming…wait for it…”STAND BY!”

Proud Boys is not just a hate group that sits around hating. It’s not like they’re in their treehouse, playing cards, drinking Mountain Dew, complaining about how they can’t get laid while holding a tiniest penis contest, not bothering anyone but occasionally saying, “by the way, I really hate Muslims.” No. This group rolls into cities, armed to the few teeth they have with guns and baseball bats, marching behind shields, saying they’re not there for violence before they all get violent…before going home to conduct another tiniest penis contest.

Donald Trump is a racist. He’s been telling us he’s a racist since day one. Last night, he told us again. He also told the racists he’s a racists. He told them to “stand by” and then he told them to harass and intimidate voters at voting precincts. He’s telling them to fuck with people while they’re voting. Donald Trump needs to go to prison.

And then, Donald Trump told us he’s the “law and order” president. “Law and order” is another racist dog whistle, like “invading the suburbs.” Do you know who else used the term “law and order?” Every southern racist sheriff in the 1960s.

Today, trying to clean it up, Donald Trump told the Proud Boys to stand back and let law enforcement do “the job.” What’s the job? Does he think Proud Boys have been doing the same job as cops? Does he believe Proud Boys have been exercising “law and order?” Does he believe cops have the same priorities as Proud Boys? And if they do, then that may be the problem we’ve experiencing for decades.

Watching Donald Trump give orders to a racist group like Proud Boys was nothing for American to be proud of. It was an international embarrassment.

As evidenced at last night’s debate, Donald Trump is not presidential. And he’s only president for his base. His base is made up of racists. It’s made up of white supremacists. It’s made up of Nazis. It’s made up of skinheads. It’s made up of Proud Boys. And Donald Trump is a Proud Boy. And being one of them and their leader, he’s probably the winner of the tiniest penis contest.

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic