IGNORED

Name that Fundie

Grace

Whoops! Posted in the wrong place first.

I have been trying and trying to remember who this was...

Which fundy wife blogger posted years ago that her husband installed a gas stove outside for her and she was thrilled to be able to cook outside instead of heating up her house? I feel like she did a lot of baking? And at the time I think she had one kid and a baby or a baby on the way ? I think they lived out West somewhere and I know she had some connections with some well-known family but it is driving me crazy because that dang porch stove is hanging out in my brain and I can't remember who it was for the life of me! ?

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

You may be thinking of the Goodwins. Atlanta and Jordan live on a homestead (adjacent to his family) in middle Tennessee. A few years ago, they acquired a second, larger wood stove to use in their home, and moved the smaller wood stove to an exterior porch for Summertime cooking. This accomplished the tandem goal of allowing heat to remain outdoors in the Summer, and indoors in the Winter as the larger stove is capable of heating the entire house in colder months. The smaller stove is eventually supposed to be moved to an unfinished area of the homestead that is intended as a Summer kitchen. Atlanta and Jordan now have 6 children, and she generally spaces about 18 months apart. So your memory of a baby + pregnancy is entirely possible. (The last two children were twins.)

I'm not sure what you consider "well connected" to entail, but Atlanta and Jordan have quite a few social ties to fundy families. They also infamously had a Civil War themed wedding, complete with Confederate flags, antebellum dresses, and southern army uniforms for the men. She's remotely descended from Nathaniel Bedford Forrest (Confederate army general), and the wedding was held at his childhood home site. Forrest is credited with founding the KKK. Not exactly the family connection that most people would think to celebrate on their wedding day, but I guess Atlanta and Jordan felt that it was a appropriate for themselves. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

You may be thinking of the Goodwins. Atlanta and Jordan live on a homestead (adjacent to his family) in middle Tennessee. A few years ago, they acquired a second, larger wood stove to use in their home, and moved the smaller wood stove to an exterior porch for Summertime cooking. This accomplished the tandem goal of allowing heat to remain outdoors in the Summer, and indoors in the Winter as the larger stove is capable of heating the entire house in colder months. The smaller stove is eventually supposed to be moved to an unfinished area of the homestead that is intended as a Summer kitchen. Atlanta and Jordan now have 6 children, and she generally spaces about 18 months apart. So your memory of a baby + pregnancy is entirely possible. (The last two children were twins.)

I'm not sure what you consider "well connected" to entail, but Atlanta and Jordan have quite a few social ties to fundy families. They also infamously had a Civil War themed wedding, complete with Confederate flags, antebellum dresses, and southern army uniforms for the men. She's remotely descended from Nathaniel Bedford Forrest (Confederate army general), and the wedding was held at his childhood home site. Forrest is credited with founding the KKK. Not exactly the family connection that most people would think to celebrate on their wedding day, but I guess Atlanta and Jordan felt that it was a appropriate for themselves. ?

No. They weren't homesteader people. They lived in the suburbs if not the city. It was just a gas stove for cooking on their concrete slab patio.  Somebody in a family's blog post got their pregnancy outed because there was a photo of her drinking tea on a couch. I am so annoyed that I have these little snippets in my brain about them and even more annoyed that I care. ?

But now I'm gonna go down the rabbit hole of the Goodwins. Haha

Who used to do the Contra dancing?

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
32 minutes ago, Grace said:

Found them! It was Ben and Tiffany! http://asimplerenaissance.blogspot.com/

The no longer use that blog and I found them over here....https://lifewithstrawberries.wixsite.com/blog

Their look really has changed a lot in the past 7 years

I was wondering what happened to them. Tiffany is Stacy Mcdonald's daughter. She's from the Vision Forum courtship crowd. I remember her being really skinny but managed to have huge babies. Noticed they only have 3 kids. Tiffany had then pretty close together so I'm surprised they didn't keep going. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I was wondering what happened to them. Tiffany is Stacy Mcdonald's daughter. She's from the Vision Forum courtship crowd. I remember her being really skinny but managed to have huge babies. Noticed they only have 3 kids. Tiffany had then pretty close together so I'm surprised they didn't keep going. 

It definitely looks like they aren't near as Fundy as her family. She mentions church and God in some posts but her Instagram bio doesn't say anything about God or being a Christian etc. Her husband had a major glow up ? he was awkward and nerdy and now he's super stylish and kind of hot. 

• I Agree 1