• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• Ozlsn

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

On 7/18/2020 at 1:49 PM, clueliss said:

One of my friends posted this pic with a story.  All the kids in the picture were given poisoned candy by the father of the kid on the right.  Thatli kid died as a result.

Not exactly.

The poisoning did happen, but not to the kids in that photo. Apparently, it was a totally unrelated throwback pic some guy posted on flickr years ago. Someone later made a documentary about the Halloween poisonings, and used the photo without permission, heavily implying, though not actually saying, that it was of the victims in that case.

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a39329/halloween-photo-story/

In his 2014 documentary Killer Legends, Joshua Zeman explored the story behind The Candy Man and a number of other true crime horror stories. At one point in the film, Zeman relays the details of that fateful Halloween night, his camera closing in on a photo of six children, one of whom is wearing a Planet of the Apes costume. The image, combined with the soundtrack, and the sad pallor of the masks is bone-chilling. The only problem is that's not a photo of Timothy O'Bryan, it's this music blogger named Brad that I know from Boston. He's very much not dead.

The implication of the film is clear: we're getting a glimpse of a murdered young boy, hours before his gruesome death, but in reality, it couldn't have been a more mundane Halloween. Brad Searles, who runs the site Bradley's Almanac, claims he first posted the photo to Flickr in 2006.

"They were using me as a stand in for him. Part of the voiceover mentions his four or five family members, so it's very much implied that that was an actual picture of them. It doesn't say it, but when you're zooming in and saying he wore this costume, it subtly zooms in on my costume and my face, and it says he died that night of cyanide poisoning. That's when I got super creeped out. Totally disturbing."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bsearles/285050908

• Thank You 3

Gah, I just realized the Esquire link was already posted on the previous page.

Sorry, @Smee, my bad!

20200721_hall1.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

111152362_704750863418815_6879747704602534046_n.thumb.jpg.d7be0298f8f99913529eb292a8c0b910.jpg

When the AUSLAN interpreter manages to sum up the speech about the new record number of daily cases, the information about the number of people failing to self-isolate and the general mood towards covid-19 in one gesture.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

20200722_hall2.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

20200722_lalo1.JPG

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

image.png.96aa38b6d57cff3924389b36c81f42bb.png

"Anti-Social Gatherings"

Just like we’re supposed to forget Donald Trump was anti-mask and anti-social distancing, we’re supposed to forget about Tulsa.

Yesterday, Donald Trump resumed his coronavirus briefings. Thankfully, it was pretty brief. Thankfully, he didn’t make another pitch to drink bleach. To make the presentation, there weren’t any scientists or anyone informed on the coronavirus…or anything. It was just Trump.

First, let’s get one thing straight. These are NOT coronavirus briefings. They are NOT designed to inform the public or in the interest of health and safety. They are NOT intended to help or serve anyone except Donald Trump. These are infomercials for Trump 2020. If you disagree, then please tell me one thing we learned from the briefing yesterday other than Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein’s former teenage girl wrangler who’s now in federal custody, must have some serious shit on Donald Trump.

Donald Trump said he wishes Maxwell well, which is a wink, nod, and a nudge to her that if she doesn’t say anything about Donald Trump, then he’ll commute or pardon her after the November election along with all those other pardons for Trump goons he’s planning. Don’t believe me? Ask Roger Stone. Normally, proof of this would be that presidents (sic) of the United States of America do not ever ever ever ever say nice things about pedophiles…except this president (sic) because this is at least the second pedophile he’s said things about. Ask Roy Moore. You can find him at the mall food court.

Of course, that Maxwell pedophile stuff doesn’t have anything to do with the coronavirus so we didn’t really learn anything. We already knew Trump is a liar and full of shit.

The day before, Donald Trump tweeted a photo of himself in a mask with a statement “Many people say wearing face masks is patriotic.” What? This guy has spent months downplaying and mocking people for wearing face masks. Now, he’s all about the face masks? Yes except for a fundraiser that very same night where he did not wear a mask, Trump is now pro-mask. So, forget those months of him not being in favor of masks. Also, he’s too pathetic to say HE finds it patriotic, relying on the “many people” crap.

Also, forget all those months of him not caring about social distancing and avoiding large gatherings. You know, large gatherings like Trump rallies.

Forget about Tulsa and Trump wishes you would. Forget during this pandemic where Trump now says to avoid large gatherings, that Donald Trump held a hate party with a large gathering. Forget it was indoors and about 6,000 smooshed together to worship at Donald Trump’s feet. Forget none of them wore masks. Forget that the Trump campaign removed stickers from seats that were advising social distancing. Forget that members of the Trump Campaign, members of the Secret Service, and Herman Cain all left Tusla with Covid 19. Forget the rally was also a flop as there were supposed to be a hundred thousand trying to jam inside to the point the campaign set up a stage outside the venue for the oversized crowd. Also, forget the coronavirus spiked in Tulsa two weeks after the rally.

While you’re at it, forget Donald Trump held another rally inside a church in Arizona (where the virus is now spiking) and on the Fourth of July at the foot of Mount Rushmore in South Dakota (where three out of the four presidents have now tested positive). Forget Donald Trump attempted another rally in New Hampshire which was canceled because nobody was going to be there. Ever see a racist Oompa Loompa talk to himself in a very large empty room? We almost saw that in New Hampshire.

Even while stating his newfound position on face masks, social distancing, and avoiding large racist crowds, Donald Trump couldn’t send that message from the heart. He had to read it off an index card. And the reason for this new position? Donald Trump’s polls are in the toilet. If this keeps up, we may look at a historic electoral wipeout of a sitting president (sic). But then again, it’s early and we’re all familiar with the Democratic Party’s ability to blow an election they should easily win.

But the Trump White House wants Donald Trump to start appearing as an adult and to at least pretend he cares about the pandemic. Why they even want to create a plan to fight the virus and not too soon either as over 142,000 people are now dead. Of course, that plan doesn’t include funding for widespread testing and tracing but it does include another tax cut for rich assholes. It also includes throwing your children into contaminated cesspools they can swim in before returning home for quality time with grandma.

We also learned yesterday that it’s now OK to refer to the coronavirus as the Trump Virus. We learned that from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi who probably learned it from me. And where is the best place to avoid catching the Trump Virus?

Go to a Trump rally. No one else will be there.

• Upvote 6

image.png.12693940f6501def006b8b42b082009d.png

image.png.7455817a995129470cd3169fa014e5a6.png

• Sad 5
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Donald Trump said he wishes Maxwell well, which is a wink, nod, and a nudge to her that if she doesn’t say anything about Donald Trump, then he’ll commute or pardon her after the November election

Talk about an incentive to delay her trial date to Feb 21.

• I Agree 5

image.png.6a9061b73f304140cd0a0b8411deff8a.png

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic