IGNORED

George Floyd Protests

clueliss

Police officer relieved of duty after hitting woman

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

There are no words to convey how shocking this is. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

British historian criticised over slavery remarks

The TV historian and author told an online show hosted by the conservative commentator Darren Grimes that slavery was not genocide because of the survival of "so many damn blacks".

Writing on Twitter, former chancellor Sajid Javid said: "David Starkey's racist comments are a reminder of the appalling views that still exist."

Starkey has not yet responded to the BBC's request for comment.

Fitzwilliam College, part of Cambridge University, where Starkey holds an honorary fellowship, described his remarks as "indefensible".

"We support and promote freedom of speech in our academic community, but we have zero tolerance of racism," the college said in a statement on Thursday. "Dr David Starkey's recent comments on slavery are indefensible."

They added: "The matter of Dr Starkey's honorary fellowship will be considered by the Governing Body at its meeting next Wednesday."

The Mary Rose Trust said it was "appalled" by Starkey's comments, adding on Thursday evening they had accepted his resignation.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

I wasn't sure where to put this but I think this is the best thread.

• Upvote 12

Norman’s PD should be disbanded and replaced. 

A city council member in Norman, Oklahoma, proposed a police budget cut. Then officers for that department posted her address online. Days later, a woman who lived in the other half of her duplex was raped by an assailant who allegedly made a political threat.

The attack was a case of retaliation and mistaken identity, the council member alleges.

Alexandra Scott, a Norman council member who won the Democratic nomination for her state Senate seat last month, is an outspoken critic of her city’s police force. When racial justice protests swept the nation in June, Scott proposed slashing the Norman Police budget by $4.5 million. During a city council meeting about defunding, she also discussed a stalking incident she experienced, which she said police handled improperly. Now a pair of Norman Police officers are under investigation for allegedly posting Scott’s personal information online, which Scott says may have led to the sexual assault of her neighbor.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

Tucker Carlson head writer had a pseudonym that he used to post racist, sexist material with.  

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

I felt this belonged here as it's a very good example of white privilege. 

FB_IMG_1594469661469.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Holy Fornicate

On Monday, the football team in the nation’s capital will just be Washington.

After decades of controversy the nickname Redskins is being retired. After financial pressure from sponsors led by FedEx and political pressure from D.C. politicians, owner Daniel Snyder will announce Monday that the name is being eliminated after an internal review.

The new name has not yet been announced, but it could be in place for the 2020 season.

“The Redskins intend to announce on Monday that the team will retire its nickname, two sources said, 11 days after naming-rights sponsor FedEx’s public statement asking for a change to the controversial moniker. The new nickname will not be announced immediately because trademark issues are pending, the sources said, but insiders were told today that the “thorough review” announced July 3 has concluded. The team felt it was important to remove any doubts as to the future of the name, one source said. The timeline for announcing a new name was unclear, but the sense of urgency inside the organization is clear.”

Does it make me a bad person if I'm waiting with popcorn at the ready for the Fuckmuppet's rage tweeting over this development?

• Upvote 4

Wow Mississippi is moving in to the late 19th century. 

• Upvote 5

This is gonna piss some folks off 

The McCloskey's both face felonies. (the mansion couple with the guns in St. Louis)

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, clueliss said:

This is gonna piss some folks off 

The McCloskey's both face felonies. (the mansion couple with the guns in St. Louis)

Doesn’t piss me off. They need a refresher course in gun safety and to maybe reevaluate why they own guns in the first place.

• I Agree 4

14 hours ago, clueliss said:

I was referring to the Trumpvidians and NRA folks

I know-just thought I’d throw out my own opinion ?

And right on cue yesterday - Senator Josh Hawley then began tweet ranting that it was overstepping blah blah blah.

• Upvote 1

The tax man cometh for former George Floyd cop and his wife.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Young children in Portland on social media saying fuck the police

Small children were captured on video posted to social media in Portland, Oregon on Wednesday holding protest signs and saying "F*** the police" into the camera.

Portland has become the epicenter of controversy as protests over racism and police brutality occurred in the city for over 50 consecutive days. President Donald Trump authorized federal law enforcement agents to patrol the demonstrations. Many Democrats criticized the presence of the federal agents in the city, referred to the agents as members of Trump's "secret police"

The phrase first entered mainstream American culture in 1998 when hip hop group N.W.A. released the song "F*** tha Police." Wednesday's video, allegedly taken outside Portland's federal courthouse, featured the youngsters repeating the phrase which has become a rallying cry for those calling for an end to racism within police culture. Donald Trump, Jr. retweeted the video adding, "These parents should be ashamed of themselves."

It figures that the nation's second biggest pearl clutcher is whining about this.

A couple of three things Donnie Dumbfuck, Jr. 

First fuck is easier to say than fornicate.  Second fuck is easier to fit on a sign than fornicate.  Third fuck you and your family. 

• Upvote 3

Ugh can people stop being racist fucksticks for five minutes please. 

A viral photo that showed a Kroger receipt with a 59 cent “BLM charge” was debunked as a Photoshop.

People who shared the doctored image alleged that the grocery chain was charging customers a fee to support Black Lives Matter, Heavy reported. 

In actuality, the fake charge was edited onto a real receipt that was making the rounds earlier, with claims that Kroger was overcharging customers with a “change shortage” fee.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

I hope this fuckstick goes to prison for a long time

A tipster has told police that the notorious “Umbrella Man” who instigated a wave of violence in Minneapolis following George Floyd’s death is a 32-year-old member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang who is a “known associate” of a white supremacist prison gang, according to a search warrant application.

The filing--made yesterday by a Minneapolis Police Department investigator--identifies Mitchell Wesley Carlson, 32, as the individual whose phone records were being sought via warrant from Sprint.

The application, which was approved by a District Court judge, seeks subscriber information, call and text records, and cell tower data and locations for May 27, the day “Umbrella Man” was recorded breaking out the windows of an AutoZone store across the street from the police precinct that was the focus of individuals protesting Floyd's May 25 killing.

According to the court application, before breaking the windows, the suspect--dressed in black and wearing a gas mask and carrying a black umbrella--spray painted the words “free shit for everyone zone” on AutoZone doors.

And I hope this fucker's records implicate a whole bunch of people who probably paid him and those like him to start this shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2

Not sure where to put this or if there needs to be another thread about protests in general but here you go. These troops are also headed to Milwaukee,  Cleveland and some other swing state.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

I have to stop checking Twitter/the news. Depressing as hell. 4 years and a lot if complicit assholes and this country is is ashes. Oh and he just delivered Germany/Europe to Putin. Fuck. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I have to stop checking Twitter/the news. Depressing as hell. 4 years and a lot if complicit assholes and this country is is ashes. Oh and he just delivered Germany/Europe to Putin. Fuck. 

Yet assholes wearing MAGA hats and carrying big guns were allowed to storm state houses with no reaction, just encouragement from the president.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Oprah will not be on the cover or O Magazine for the first time.  

Breonna Taylor will instead.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1