IGNORED

George Floyd Protests

clueliss

No wonder fuck knob wanted her as a lawyer. 

Jenna Ellis has accused leftists of influencing jurors to make former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin"pay for the sins of white people."

Ellis, an attorney for former President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign who worked on challenging the result of the election, appeared on Real America's Voice News after the verdict was delivered to blame leftists for the jury's decision.

Ellis argued that people believed Chauvin to be guilty because he's white and "must be made to pay for the sins of white people collectively."

Her white hood must be cutting off the oxygen to her brain. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1

What a brave young woman. She captured the video that was used to convict him. Good thing she did as the initial police press release played fast and loose with the real details.(see below)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/darnella-frazier-derek-chauvin-reaction/index.html

This was the initial press statement from the MPLS PD police brief. "Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction." The article below details how it is "worth revisiting to understand the ways that police statements can hide the truth with a mix of passive language, blatant omissions and mangled sense of timing."(CNN) 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/minneapolis-police-george-floyd-death/index.html

• Upvote 6

Racist bus driver felt he had to make comment on the George Floyd murder and is now a former bus driver. 

A white school bus driver in Louisiana is no longer employed after making a racist remark to a Black student that referenced the murder of George Floyd. 

WWL-TV in Louisiana first reported that the driver scolded 11-year-old Rashad Gabriel after his face mask slipped below his nose as he ran to catch the school bus to Trist Middle School in St. Bernard Parish on April 9. 

Gabriel told the driver that he was out of breath after running to catch the bus, to which the driver responded, “Since George Floyd, that’s what you all say, but I don’t see a knee on your neck.”

The bus driver is no longer employed with the district, the St. Bernard Parish School System confirmed to The Hill. 

• Upvote 8

Just saw this

Images and soundbites from the Derek Chauvin trial will linger in people's memories for years. But there is one heart-wrenching image that stands above the rest.

It was the look of indifference in Chauvin's eyes on May 25, 2020, as he casually drained the life out of George Floyd. That was as chilling as his knee on Floyd's neck. And what it represents could pose the biggest challenge to broader police reforms ahead.

That look was freeze-framed in what the prosecution dryly called "Exhibit 17." It shows Chauvin, the White Minneapolis police officer who was found guilty on all three counts in Floyd's death, glancing at a crowd of onlookers while bearing down on an unconscious Floyd, who is handcuffed and pinned face-first to the pavement.

The look on Chauvin's face is one of bored disinterest. His sunglasses are perched on his head and his hands rest in his pocket. He doesn't seem to notice Floyd at all. The only flicker of emotion on his face is his annoyance at the crowd that has gathered to plead for Floyd's life.

Guy's a fucking psychopath.  I'd say what I'd where I'd want him to serve his sentence but it's not very nice.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Aww poooor Derek

Derek Chauvin, the former police officer who killed George Floyd on a Minneapolis street last year, is set to be sentenced Friday to a potentially lengthy prison stay.

Chauvin, 45, was convicted in April on charges of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter for his role in Floyd's death.

Hours before sentencing, Chauvin's post-verdict motion for a new trial was denied by a judge.

Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill ruled Thursday night that Chauvin "failed to demonstrate ... the Court abused its discretion or committed error such that Defendant was deprived of his constitutional right to a fair trial."

Cahill also ruled that Chauvin failed to demonstrate prosecutorial or juror misconduct.

Yeah, enjoy prison asshole.  You'll be isolated and not able to interact with anyone besides guards because your life expectancy would be measured in minutes in general pop.  And that will if not the rest of your life then be a pretty damn good chunk of it.  And you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Upvote 7

Prosecution is asking for 30 years.

• Thank You 3

While 22.5 years isn't really enough, I thought he was going to get even less time.

• Upvote 7

New rule: the parents who raised a racist murderer should just shut up forever.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

225 years ain’t enough for that fuck Chauvin.  Or 2250 years. At least that fuck is going to do some time. And he’ll be all by himself cause he would not last five fucking seconds in general pop. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

New rule: the parents who raised a racist murderer should just shut up forever.

I simply can't condemn a mother for what her adult son did. Those were his choices, and his choices alone. 

What I can condemn her for is her selfish statement showing a complete lack of empathy for the victim and his family. And for that, she should shut the hell up.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Of course it might be just a coincidence that the son that she raised showed a complete lack of empathy for his victim as well.   

• Upvote 12

• 7 months later...

Some good news today

Former Minneapolis police officers Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane were found guilty of violating George Floyd's civil rights by a federal jury in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Thursday.

The 12 jurors -- four men and eight women -- found Lane, Kueng and Thao guilty of depriving Floyd of his civil rights by showing deliberate indifference to his medical needs as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin knelt on Floyd for more than 9 minutes on May 25, 2020 -- ultimately killing him. The jurors also found Thao and Kueng guilty of an additional charge for failing to intervene to stop Chauvin. Lane, who did not face the extra charge, testified that he asked Chauvin twice to reposition Floyd while restraining him but was denied both times.

Violating a person's civil rights "is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any," according to the Department of Justice. Federal sentencing guidelines suggest the officers could receive a lesser sentence.

The charges stemmed from the officers' actions -- or lack thereof -- as Chauvin pressed his knee into the neck and back of Floyd, who was handcuffed and lying on his stomach on the pavement. Kueng and Lane, both rookie officers, held down Floyd's torso and legs, respectively, while Thao stood nearby and kept a crowd of upset bystanders back.

Hope these guys are going away for a while now.  As in the rest of their useless lives.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• 4 months later...

Some developments on the Chauvin case

Thursday afternoon, former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin will be sentenced on federal charges that he violated George Floyd's civil rights at the time of his death in May 2020.

Chauvin pleaded guilty to the federal charges back in December, admitting for the first time that he kept his knee on Floyd’s neck — even after he became unresponsive — resulting in Floyd's death.

Under Chauvin's plea agreement, a judge will sentence the ex-officer to 20-25 years in prison. Prosecutors said they'll ask for the higher sentence.

Sentencing is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. at the federal courthouse in St. Paul.

• Thank You 9

And that fuck stick got sentenced today

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin will serve 245 months in federal prison for violating George Floyd's civil rights.

Senior US District Court Judge Paul Magnuson sentenced Chauvin to 252 months but subtracted seven months for time served.

US attorneys asked the court for Chauvin's sentence to run concurrently with his state sentence of 22.5 years.

"This sentence should send a strong message that the Justice Department stands ready to prosecute law enforcement officers who use deadly force without basis," Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke said. "While no amount of prison time can reverse the tragic consequences of Derek Chauvin's violent actions, we hope that this sentence provides some small measure of justice for the families and communities impacted."

That translates to not quite 20.5 years in prison. If it was up to me that stick of fuck would be getting a sentence that was 100 times longer.  Fuck him.  And all his supporters. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Kueng has been sentenced to three years in Federal prison

J. Alexander Kueng, one of the former Minneapolis Police officers convicted of federal charges in the fatal arrest of George Floyd, was sentenced to 3 years in prison on Wednesday.

Tou Thao, another ex-officer who helped restrain Floyd, is also set to be sentenced Wednesday.

Kueng and Thao were each convicted in February of violating Floyd's civil rights and of failing to intervene to stop their colleague Derek Chauvin during the restraint.

Prosecutors asked the court in June to sentence Kueng and Thao to "significantly more" time than the range applicable to former officer Thomas Lane but less time than Chauvin's 21-year sentence. Thao's defense team asked for a sentence of 2 years, while Kueng's defense team filed its recommendation under seal.

Up to me there would d be a few extra zeros behind the 3.  Fucker deserves to never have another free day ever again.   

• I Agree 3

Tou Thao has also been sentenced.

As with every other piece of excrement in this case I had my way the sentences would be a fuck of a lot longer.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...

Living up in Minneapolis now something just occurred to me today.  There was a story about the challenges with all the unused office space downtown and of course the commenters went immediately to the ol racist standbys of how much crime there is and how anti-cop Minneapolis is.  I wonder how many of these people who paint Minneapolis as a third world war zone actually live and work in Minneapolis.  Gonna go out on a limb and bet the last time these clowns were even in Minneapolis (or Saint Fucking Paul for that matter) was well before I moved to the Twin Cities and they never leave their comfortable suburbs (Edina, Woodbury, Apple Valley, etc). 

There are days I'd love nothing more than to say to some of these kluxers give us legally admissible proof that you live and work in Minneapolis otherwise shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

Yeah, George Floyd's family ain't down with what that fuck stick Kanye West is saying.

The mother of George Floyd's daughter announced they are filing a $250 million lawsuit against Kanye West over his recent statements about Floyd's death. The rapper, who goes by Ye, erroneously declared on a podcast that Floyd died from fentanyl, not as the result of police brutality.

"Kanye's comments are a repugnant attempt to discount George Floyd's life and to profit from his inhumane death," attorney Pat D. Dixon III said in a statement on Tuesday, adding that the goal with the lawsuit is to "hold Mr. West accountable" for his "flagrant remarks."

The lawsuit will go after West's "business partners" and "associates" as the comments caused "harassment, misappropriation, defamation, and infliction of emotional distress." Gianna is the sole beneficiary of Floyd's estate.

"The interests of the child are priority. George Floyd's daughter is being retraumatized by Kanye West’s comments and he’s creating an unsafe and unhealthy environment for her," added Attorney Nuru Witherspoon.

I hope they win and take him to the goddamn cleaners.  Kanye, Elon, fuck face, Zuck and so on - the only thing that even comes close to stopping these fuckers is making them understand they'll be held liable in a civil court for the shit they do. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 1 year later...

Then this happened yesterday

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The attack happened at the Federal Correctional Institution, Tucson, a medium-security prison that has been plagued by security lapses and staffing shortages. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the attack and spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity.

The Bureau of Prisons confirmed that an incarcerated person was assaulted at FCI Tucson at around 12:30 p.m. local time Friday. In a statement, the agency said responding employees contained the incident and performed “life-saving measures” before the inmate, who it did not name, was taken to a hospital for further treatment and evaluation.

No employees were injured and the FBI was notified, the Bureau of Prisons said. Visiting at the facility, which has about 380 inmates, has been suspended.

My response....

MyFieldOfBleeps.png.12198c2f9d305d93de208dd07871c948.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 11/25/2023 at 6:13 AM, 47of74 said:

Then this happened yesterday

My response....

MyFieldOfBleeps.png.12198c2f9d305d93de208dd07871c948.png

Unpopular opinion but I absolutely do give a fuck. Not because I have empathy for Chauvin (I don't), but because I think there is no reason why US jails and prisons should be as violent as they are. He was sentenced to prison not to being stabbed.  Our federal facilities are in trouble right now (see here for one story). Usually violence like this happens when there is corruption and/or understaffing. Neither scenario is good for anyone:  not the justice system, not staff, not the prisoners, and especially not prisoners with serious mental illness. 

• Upvote 4

Just saw this about the guy who attacked Chauvin.

Derek Chauvin was stabbed in prison 22 times by a former gang leader and one-time FBI informant who told investigators he targeted the ex-Minneapolis police officer because of his notoriety for killing George Floyd, federal prosecutors said Friday.

John Turscak was charged with attempted murder a week after the Nov. 24 attack at the Federal Correctional Institution in Tucson, Arizona. He told correctional officers he would have killed Chauvin had they not responded so quickly, prosecutors said.

Turscak told FBI agents interviewing him after the assault that he attacked Chauvin on Black Friday as a symbolic connection to the Black Lives Matter movement, which garnered widespread support in the wake of Floyd’s murder in 2020, and the “Black Hand” symbol associated with the Mexican Mafia, prosecutors said.

In addition to attempted murder, Turscak, 52, is charged with assault with intent to commit murder, assault with a dangerous weapon and assault resulting in serious bodily injury. The attempted murder and assault with intent to commit murder charges are each punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Turscak is scheduled to complete his current sentence in 2026.

Whoops.  I don't think Turscak is gonna be getting out in 2026 at the rate he's going now.  More like 2046 or later depending on how things go.  Fornicate both him and Chauvin. 

• Upvote 2