• I Agree 9
  • Thank You 2

• Upvote 10

America, take note. This is what is wrong with your system:

• Angry 1
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Speaking of ALERT has Lawson Bates and JD Duggar shown up at these protests to offer their "expertise"?

Well Lawson Bateseses is on vacay and playing poker (hidden in Insta-stories).  Now that had my "my mother was raised baptist" head scratching because they are allegedly Baptist (of some sort) and my mother came from a no drinking, no smoking, no cussing, no dancing, no card playing family.  (Evan was there as well)

And there's this dandy (that will probably surprise nobody here) (and while I unfollowed her husband and their 'show' account - I've left her because she does share really good news/science/medical stories - to turn a phrase they've used against them - I just make sure I'm 'prayed up' when I view my twitter feed if she's on it')

• Thank You 6

Over 10k have been arrested at George Floyd Protests in the US

Spoiler

And Sarastoa Florida  - a police officer was caught on video with a knee on someone's neck.

• WTF 8

5 hours ago, meep said:

Kinda risky to resist when all these guys are pointing a gun in your face. 

I wasn't criticizing the people listening to them; I'm just wondering how strong of a lawsuit they have after the fact. Especially if someone doesn't listen and gets shot/assaulted, I'm not sure they can claim the person was "resisting arrest."

3 hours ago, Smash! said:

Here a quote from todays (June 3) Letters from an American by Heather Cox Richardson

Does that mean that the team Trump/Barr is building their own militia now?

This has Erik Prince and Blackwater's name all over it. 

• Upvote 3

@Smash! They don't need to build a militia, they can buy one, rumor on the interwebs is Erik Prince of Blackwater fame and his paid for mercenaries are working with/for trump/barr.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

51 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Over 10k have been arrested at George Floyd Protests in the US

Reveal hidden contents

And Sarastoa Florida  - a police officer was caught on video with a knee on someone's neck.

Then it's not surprising that the police is attacking the media. :( No one should see what they're doing. It's frightening.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Although I'm confident their proposed legislation will pass through the House, I'm sceptical about MoscowMitch ever bringing it to the floor of the Senate whilst he is in office.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Smash! said:

Here a quote from todays (June 3) Letters from an American by Heather Cox Richardson

Does that mean that the team Trump/Barr is building their own militia now?

With the new "Keep America Great" camouflage patterned hats? Yes. Yes, I think they are.

• Upvote 5

Imagine - this administration lied.  The used artifical CS Gas on Monday.

• Upvote 5

Important must-read thread for those of you who go out protesting:

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

You couldn't make this up:

I'm surprised mother let any woman sit that close to him.

• WTF 12

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4

Watch the video on this one.  Someone took the mayor of LA’s words and put videos of police brutality with it.

Vigilantes in Washington State.  The armed white variety 

• WTF 6

30 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This kind of stuff isn’t helpful. It’s propaganda, pure and simple. I’m in DC and have been volunteering with mutual aid. The stories I’m hearing are atrocious - literally people being menaced by police for providing first aid and snacks to protesters. The police are NOT helpful and they are NOT here to protect our rights.

When you see video of them kneeling, keep in mind that the next minute they’re tear gassing peaceful protesters. When you see them hugging a little girl, remember video of them beating a cane-using old man for not getting out of their way fast enough. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And then they release a statement saying he tripped and fell. Our nation is being gaslit by police departments everywhere - they exist solely to protect themselves. 

• Upvote 4

@closetcagebaby, I think putting a blanket judgment on all police is similar to blanket judgments such as saying all I see are criminal black people, therefore all black people are criminals. We all know that’s simply not true, and the same can be said for the police.

Having said that, the current atrocities being committed by a large number of police are absolutely reprehensible. What I think we are seeing is the psychology of ‘The Experiment’ at work in real life. Sadly, human beings have the capacity for incredibly evil behavior when put in positions of power. 

What is also at play here though, is the media attention the egregious acts are getting. Not only is the MSM reporting on them, but social media accounts are also being flooded with the images of horrible actions. On one hand, that’s a really good thing. Nobody can deny this is happening. On the other hand though, the reporting is very much skewed towards all the bad, and much less news of the good (such as the cop kneeling with the little girl) is being shared. I’m not saying there is as much good as there is bad; we have no way of really knowing. But we shouldn’t dismiss the good off hand either.

• Upvote 7
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1

This is the Buffalo issue where they pushed the 75 year old man (and the news this morning is showing him laying there with blood on the pavement under his head.)

Protests have spread to Mexico over its own Police issues.

Spoiler

• Thank You 5

Sacramento - police use a neck restraint on an 18 year old

Spoiler

ACLU is suing over use of force at the White House.

Spoiler

Al Sharpton is organizing a march on Washington

And I'm not finding an article on my twitter feed - but the State of Virginia (actually - the Commonwealth of Virginia) is (finally) removing the 6 storey Robert E Lee Statue (that now has George Floyd picture on its side) from Richmond.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

If only this would happen all around the country!

• Upvote 7

Another black man died in custody saying "I can't breathe"

• Sad 5

12 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

This kind of stuff isn’t helpful. It’s propaganda, pure and simple. I’m in DC and have been volunteering with mutual aid. The stories I’m hearing are atrocious - literally people being menaced by police for providing first aid and snacks to protesters. The police are NOT helpful and they are NOT here to protect our rights.

When you see video of them kneeling, keep in mind that the next minute they’re tear gassing peaceful protesters. When you see them hugging a little girl, remember video of them beating a cane-using old man for not getting out of their way fast enough. 

I absolutely agree.  Also, it was kind of a lie.  That officer may have been put there to protect her rights and keep her safe, but the sheer number of dead, Black Americans killed by police brutality makes her concerns absolutely valid and the truth is, the way things are right now, he really can’t make those kinds of promises on behalf of the Police.  They may not shoot her but she sure as hell could have easily gotten tear gassed. 
I felt very uncomfortable watching that. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 6