IGNORED

Covid-19 memes cartoons and shenanigans

Smee

While taking out the trash and thinking about the invisible force field that is now at the end of my driveway, this came to me:

I pull the trash bins in, I push the trash bins out.
I spray the mailbox down with Lysol, then the mail, then take it out.
My life may now seem pokey, but I'm flattening the curve,
And that's what it's all about!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

20200409_jones1.JPG.2c493b26920a836395d8ae5f4767af23.JPG

"Wisconsin's Pandemic Voting"

We’ve known for a long time that Republicans steal elections and disenfranchise minority voters. But who knew they’d use a pandemic to steal an election and risk the lives of their voters? Actually, everybody probably knew this.

They’re hypocrites too. Donald Trump is strongly against mail-in voting, even though he’s used it himself. His argument for why it’s OK for him and not for others is that it was the only way he could vote in that election. He genuinely does believe he’s a special, special boy.

The Republicans in Wisconsin dominate the legislature thanks to gerrymandering (During the 2018 election, Democratic candidates won 190,000 more votes for State Assembly seats, but the GOP held a 64-35 advantage in the chamber). They refused to work with the governor on mailing absentee ballots to all voters or move the primary. Then, the state Supreme Court sided with the legislature and forced the voters to vote Tuesday, in the middle of a pandemic. If Godzilla was stomping through Milwaukee, the Republicans would force voters to risk getting stomped, and all the better too if it’s in an urban area. Godzilla never stomped on a farm. Oh my god. Is Godzilla racist?

The most important race in the state is for a State Supreme Court seat that’s between the conservative incumbent justice, Daniel Kelly, and a liberal challenger, Jill Karofsky. The winner will be in a position to cast a deciding vote on a case before the court that seeks to purge more than 200,000 people from Wisconsin’s voter rolls, in a state where 2.6 million people voted in the last governor’s race. Republicans really want to purge those voters. This race will affect redistricting after the 2020 census.

Here’s the real tidbit: Because of the pandemic, there are only five voting precinct in Milwaukee…out of 180. Milwaukee contains nearly the entire black population in Wisconsin. Have you ever met a black Green Bay Packer fan. Think about it.

The most likely outcome of this is depressing. Republicans will probably win the State Supreme Court seat, they’ll redistrict to further disenfranchise voters in urban areas, and they’ll steal the state for Donald Trump in 2020.

Republicans cheat, lie, and steal. And if they have to kill you in the process to do it, hey one more voter they don’t have to suppress next time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7

Not as funny as the Family Lockdown Boogie that @Cartmann99 posted in the Coronavirus coping thread, but still worth w

atching!

Edited by PreciousPantsofDoom
Link was a no show. Trying again (ignoring the weird word separation at the end of my post though.
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

20200410_jones1.JPG.717128a6572307941715149e08a39ca8.JPG

"Corona Passover"

Fact: Everybody who has died from the coronavirus was going to die eventually anyway.

Honestly, I expect Fox News to pick that up and run with it. The new conservative Trump cult fucknut talking point is that covid-19 is being given too much credit for killing people. Fox News and others are pointing out that some people who have died from the virus had other ailments.

Diseases kill. Sometimes, a disease makes you die from something else. Many AIDS victims actually die from pneumonia…which is a complication of AIDS. It’s the same thing with the coronavirus.

I was wondering what the next fuckwit talking point was, but after engaging with a few conservatives the past few days, this is it. They’re back, if they ever stopped, to downplaying the pandemic, calling it a hoax, and saying it’s not as bad as the media is depicting. Based on their arguments, people die anyway.

The reason they want to downplay it is because it’s bad. It’s really bad. And, it’s especially bad for Donald Trump, their lord and savior. They’re arguing this was nothing to close the country down for and we’re killing ourselves over a hoax.

Yesterday, a friend pointed out that we don’t stop driving despite more people dying each year from drunk drivers than from covid-19…except he’s wrong. Covid-19 has killed more people in the past two months than drunk drivers kill in a year. And trust me, that’s a lot of people.

The only thing I haven’t put together yet is how they argue this is a hoax but accept that Donald Trump is, supposedly at least, taking it seriously. I asked one of them to explain it but she failed and went into a “but Obama” rant.

When we had early warnings of this, a lot of Trump cultists went into their whataboutism of Obama and referred to the H1N1 outbreak. They pointed out that it killed over 12,000 Americans. Some are still using that despite the fact that covid-19 has killed more Americans than H1N1. Even if our best estimates come true, it’ll kill five times as many Americans as H1N1. You can’t “but Obama” that.

The next talking point will be that we should just forget this ever happened. Donald Trump said that yesterday. Expect Fox News and your crazy uncle (in my case, demented sisters) to pick this up and run with it. The reason Donald Trump wants us to forget it ever happened is that it’s something he truly bungled. He keeps blaming others, like governors, China, the World Health Organization, Obama, the Media, etc. The fact is, it’s not his fault a pandemic hit us. It’s just his fault that we didn’t prepare for it. But if you’re a Trump cultist, you’ve probably already forgotten about it.

Saying something doesn’t exist is a lot easier than actually handling it…until you absolutely have to handle it. The best-case scenario in this situation would be for Donald Trump to go away and let someone else handle it.

Don’t listen to these Trump cultist medical experts. They believe the coronavirus is a hoax, yet Jesus came back to life after being dead for three days.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic