IGNORED

Covid-19 memes cartoons and shenanigans

Smee

EVXUe92UYAAvAw0.jpeg.jpg.cd5ad7ee10f668c8feda9df9f0f6b994.jpg

I cannot remember if that one's been posted before but it made me laugh so...

Spoiler

92823863_10158066581825516_2491838814234869760_n.jpg.7d285b24faa7378794b2b66d011c66f9.jpg

And finally this will probably be me.

Spoiler

92571232_133019874960109_1335629447738425344_n.thumb.jpg.1f215c25736dc1c42e5d3782a6b2d4b3.jpg

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20200411_gt22.JPG

I’ve also seen one that says “I’ve uncovered my 8th grade math test answers.”

• Haha 7

Chris is risen

A church was presented with signs reading "Chris is risen" after a mix up at the printers.

Acomb Parish Church, in York, had ordered four banners saying 'Christ is Risen' but the 'T' was missed off the finished article.

However, assistant Curate Ned Lunn said the error was discovered before the signs were delivered.

A BBC Radio York Facebook post has been shared more than 3,000 times, prompting one person to reply 'More T vicar?'

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

20200412_hall1.JPG

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

From New Zealand:

20200412_bagley2.JPG

• Love 16

96D14438-8100-40FB-BD04-7760057B53A4.jpeg

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.31cf9018a15294f93ad10904d445fbb4.png

Ergh, I still have some issues with this meme.

#3 I need a citation for, preferably from a reputable medical journal and accounting for the rich having greater medical access than the poor. Are we counting deaths at home from covid-19, or are we only counting deaths in patients who tested positive and occurred in medical facilities? (Just as an example).

#10 to a point. I miss the social interaction and I have found it insanely stressful trying to learn new processes remotely. A question that I could ask by walking two steps to check now takes up to three phone calls. For all the daily zoom check ins no one picked up that I was struggling all week - to be fair I didn't pick up on anyone else either, and I doubt I was the only one. It's a lot easier to hide mental health issues remotely.

#8 - plastic is made from oil. If you've looked at how much plastic is used in a medical setting... we are still going to need to adapt how we do things but even staying home like now we're still consuming a lot of oil.

#1 makes me really uncomfortable because it implies that covid-19 was bioengineered (It wasn't, at least according to the analyses reported in the recent Nature paper), and a deliberate release (unlikely) - and that China is ultimately responsible and was willing to shut down its economy, have literally tens of thousands of its citizens die and hid early cases to... do what exactly? Keep manufacturing the world's goods? Given some of the responses by Canada about ensuring that manufacturing of essential items remains onshore that seems to have backfired somewhat?

• I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

#1 makes me really uncomfortable because it implies that covid-19 was bioengineered (It wasn't, at least according to the analyses reported in the recent Nature paper), and a deliberate release (unlikely) - and that China is ultimately responsible and was willing to shut down its economy, have literally tens of thousands of its citizens die and hid early cases to... do what exactly? Keep manufacturing the world's goods? Given some of the responses by Canada about ensuring that manufacturing of essential items remains onshore that seems to have backfired somewhat?

Yes, I find the implication that there are any “winners” in this (or, indeed, that it’s a war pitting one country against another rather than humanity itself against an invisible enemy) really distasteful. China has an international airline, a lot of businesses that rely on overseas travel, trade relationships etc that have suffered, not to mention the impact on their economy of losing so many workers, the strain on their healthcare system and the emotional and human loss of so many citizens’ lives, and the accompanying xenophobia that their citizens overseas are having to face. They didn’t win anything.

• I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic