IGNORED

Covid-19 memes cartoons and shenanigans

Smee

20200417_jones1.JPG.7c737964ef0fb5f05c22ae9782c9f494.JPG

"COVID Darwin Winners"

Do you know when the Confederate flag definitely isn’t about heritage? When it’s in Michigan. I stole that from somewhere I can’t remember.

A bunch of Michigan yokels gathered tightly together to protest Governor Grethen Whitmer’s coronavirus restrictions. Call me a cynic, but I think it’s less to do with public safety and personal liberty and has more to do with partisan fucknut politics. You’re not using science or even economic indicators when you’re flying Confederate flags and MAGA signs. Or in a lot of cases, when they’re carrying semi-automatic rifles.

In case you’re a Republican, Michigan is in the northern United States and fought FOR the United States AGAINST the Confederacy. These Covidiots have more in common with Jefferson Davis than Abraham Lincoln.

There were also protests in North Carolina. While a lot of these people are wearing masks, they’re not social distancing. Forget whether they’re breaking laws. They’re endangering, not just themselves, but all of society. There were several children present at these protests. While people are arguing over whether or not to open schools, taking your kid to a MAGA rally is definitely a bad idea. To be fair, that’s a bad idea even when there’s not a pandemic.

The protests in Michigan started in cars but participants soon got out and began chants of  “lock her up” and “we will not comply.” In the process, they blocked traffic, including an ambulance. They proudly named their ambulance-blocking protest “Operation Gridlock.” Here’s a free tip: Good guys don’t block ambulances or expose their children to a virus that’s killed over 33,000 people.

Michigan has been hit hard by the coronavirus. They’ve had over 28,000 cases, third-worst in the nation.

These protests are being encouraged by Fox News and other right-wing outlets that cater to shitweasels and MAGAts. While protesters are waving Trump signs and downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic, they’re ignoring that Donald Trump has acknowledged the pandemic is serious and real…after initially calling it a hoax himself. Maybe they think Donald Trump is winking at them as he keeps arguing about opening the country. I think he is too.

These protesters and other conservatives don’t care about lives lost. They are willing to kill you for their dogma and political agenda. Hell, they’re risking their children’s lives for their bullshit. Will Donald Trump attend their child’s funeral?

Take Knutt Wittkowski, a doctor who has argued against stay-at-home orders or any intervention with the coronavirus. He’s the fucknut brigade’s newest champion. He argues that we should have just ignored the virus and let it kill people. That way we’d develop what’s called “herd immunity” and the virus wouldn’t have had a prolonged duration. He said only the elderly should have been isolated as the virus doesn’t affect children or young adults that bad.

Remember, his name is “nut.” We have prolonged the duration of the virus. We did that because cycling it through our system quickly would have overwhelmed our medical community and it would have killed a lot more people. That right there tells you conservatives will kill you for their agenda. Knutt originally predicted only 10,000 people would die in the United States from the virus. He and other conservatives believe 10,000 deaths is an acceptable price to pay for the economy and oh yeah…he was wrong.

Knutt said WITHOUT stay-at-home orders or any intervention there would only be 10,000 deaths. So far with the stay-at-home orders, we’ve had over 33,000. Remember, back in February and even early March, these idiots were comparing it to the flu and arguing that H1N1 was worse as that virus killed over 12,000 people. You don’t hear them making that argument anymore. H1N1 killed 12,000 people in the United States in the span of a year. In three months, coronavirus has killed over 33,000. And, we’re still in the first wave.

Here’s a free tip: Don’t take medical advice from Republicans. Don’t listen to people who have been wrong this entire time. People like Sean Hannity or anyone else on Fox News. People like the president (sic) of the United States who called it a hoax and is now hawking medicine most doctors say will kill you.

Since Donald Trump calls this a war and likes to sign shit, he should be required to hand-write a letter for each family who has lost someone to this virus. I’d accept that the letters wouldn’t be legible and written in crayon, but at least it’d be some effort from him.

Nobody likes these stay-at-home orders. We all agree they suck. We all want to go outside and frolic. But conservatives are making it worse. Governor Whitmer said, “The sad irony here is that the protest was that they don’t like being in this stay-at-home order, and they may have just created a need to lengthen it, which is something we’re trying to avoid at all costs.”

Exactly. They’ll keep spinning around in circles and breathing on each other until they each win a Darwin Award. I’d be fine if they only took each other out. Unfortunately, we’re sharing a planet and environment with them. They shop at the same grocery stores we do (OK, we all don’t go to Walmart). Their kids go to school with your kids. They’re not good at logic or at putting two and two together. If you want these stay-at-home orders to end, then stay at home.

Not only are they endangering our nation but so are the people and right-wing conspiracy outlets egging them on. Will Donald Trump issue a public statement telling his followers to stop? If he was responsible, he would have already done it.

It just comes down to the ugly truth that Republicans will kill you for their agenda. Stay home and do what most Trump supporters do. Bitch and spread bullshit and conspiracy theories on the internet.

Watch: Did you know chemtrails created the coronavirus?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

20200417_telnaes1.JPG

Ann Telnaes' drawing above is a remake of the following billboard from 1937:

20200417_telnaes2.JPG

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

This is pretty much how I feel these days:

20200417_gt1.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

get.jpg.363da6cb548876190c6449e7434e1327.jpg

Because the people smart enough to know what is needed are smart enough to know how dangerous gathering is right now.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic