IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus: With Pence in Charge, We're Doomed

GreyhoundFan

Friendly reminder amid all the handwashing reminders to also wipe down your phone sometimes. I'm ashamed to admit I forget that a lot, but I've been more diligent lately. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 6

I hope state and local governments can make good decisions about managing the virus, with whatever limited resources are available from the feds.

Alternate facts aren't going to help the US get through this crisis.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I got a suggestion for fuck face 

08899D66-C507-439C-8F0D-BED15DC24372.jpeg.f595425a0887786c5276525d2135f6dd.jpeg

I disagree. Donnie, this virus is fake news, and washing your hands is for Democrat wusses. You need to go visit the quarantined nursing home to prove your manhood, touch your face then have more 30,000 people in the space for 8,000 rallies.

You are a very stable genius, who knows more than doctors and the losers at the CDC.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

How to spread disease 101.

• Upvote 10

It's science fair season in Texas right now, so I checked TXSEF's website to see what they are saying in regards to the state fair scheduled for later this month:

TXSEF officials are closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of those participating in TXSEF is our highest priority. Any updates about how the coronavirus may impact TXSEF will be posted here.

https://txsef.tamu.edu/

I feel for the students who have worked hard and did well enough in their regional fairs to get to compete at the state level, but I'm hoping they cancel the state fair this year. It's a large gathering of people from all over Texas, and that's just asking for trouble right now. :pray:

• Upvote 10

From my review if Twitter and cnn’s live updates.  Massachusetts has a hike in numbers.  Cases are mostly tied to a company called biogen that had an employee meeting.  

Chicago has a community spread case.  

princess cruises canceled regal princess cruises trip because the cdc made them test two crew members that had transferred from the grand princess after the last cruise if that ship.  

and in DC the patient self identified.  

• Upvote 4

The Missouri patient traveled from Chicago to St Louis via Amtrak on March 4.  Info came from Amtrak who is now attempting to contact people she may have been in contact with.  Chicago and St. Louis stations have to be disinfected 

https://www.kctv5.com/coronavirus/woman-with-coronavirus-in-missouri-traveled-on-train/article_ab31cb92-6181-11ea-b512-1712c5a3e8f8.html

• Upvote 4

Iowa governor press conference right now, 3 people who had been on an Egyptian Nile river cruise.  

• Upvote 4

Has anyone else read Stephen King's book, "The Stand"?  COVID-19 has a much lower mortality rate than this fiction, but still reminds me of Captain Trips.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Iowa governor press conference right now, 3 people who had been on an Egyptian Nile river cruise.  

Yep. It's officially near me now. And I have to actually go into the office this week. Hooray ?

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Has anyone else read Stephen King's book, "The Stand"?  COVID-19 has a much lower mortality rate than this fiction, but still reminds me of Captain Trips.

You won’t believe it but I re-read it just last week! Funnily enough Stephen King has also tweeted about it today:

Oh, and Ted Cruz is now self-quarantining. 

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh, and Ted Cruz is now self-quarantining. 

Can we get him to quarantine himself longer than 14 days? None of us wants to see or hear from him.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

They’re closing a private school or two in St. Louis (student is younger sister of patient) but then I see an article saying that patient’s dad broke self isolation and went to an event ( dance I think) at the school.  

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

You won’t believe it but I re-read it just last week! Funnily enough Stephen King has also tweeted about it today:

Interesting coincidence!  I've been thinking about re-reading it too.  That's a good, concise tweet by King.

• Upvote 5

The asshole frat boy strikes again: "Matt Gaetz made light of coronavirus by wearing a gas mask. Now one of his constituents has died."

Spoiler

Days after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) wore an enormous gas mask during a House floor vote on an emergency funding package for the coronavirus response, the congressman announced that a resident in his northwestern Florida district had died of covid-19.

image.png.693be2c35f64111832b44d93b2ff4c25.png

Gaetz said in a statement late Friday that he was “extremely saddened to learn of the first fatality in our district,” a resident who lived in Santa Rosa County. His message followed the Florida Department of Health’s announcement late Friday that two residents had died of the disease, pushing the U.S. death toll to 17 as of that night.

In addition to the patient in Santa Rosa who had recently traveled internationally, the second coronavirus-related death was a Lee County resident in their 70s who had recently traveled abroad.

Florida health officials additionally reported two new presumptive positive coronavirus cases, both in Broward County. One is a 75-year-old male and the other a 65-year-old male, according to the health department. Both are in isolation.

Gaetz said in his statement that the deceased patient from his district had been quarantined shortly after showing symptoms and that no further cases were known in the district at the time.

Rep. Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.), one of the most senior House members, rebuked the 37-year-old congressman for his Wednesday display of the over-the-top gas mask.

Rush said via Twitter that Gaetz was “making light of an epidemic that has killed 14 Americans.” He contrasted how the congressman’s behavior went unchecked to his own removal from the House floor in 2012 when he wore a hoodie to protest racial profiling in the wake of the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin in Florida.

image.png.7d75fc1ebcb2d51b6e2d3b3711f88b01.png

Gaetz’s office did not provide additional comment Saturday when asked to respond to Rush’s criticism but cited his Friday statement offering condolences for the deceased patient.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the U.S. surgeon general, urged the public not to wear masks if they aren’t sick as doing so creates unnecessary panic and reduces the supply for those, like health-care workers, who do need them.

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Can we get him to quarantine himself longer than 14 days? None of us wants to see or hear from him.

Someone tell him the quarantine time line is 5-7 years.  

The first three cases in Maryland were in my county. 

• Upvote 7

On 3/5/2020 at 4:42 PM, SassyPants said:

Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe:

1 Squeeze container, any size

Fill 1/3 volume with Isopropyl Alcohol

Fill remainder of container with Aloe Vera Gel

Add a few drops of essential oil of choice (optional)

Shake to mix

I just did this today.  I luckily had a bottle of isopropyl alcohol (has been sitting on a shelf in our laundry room for at least 2 years) because my grocery store was sold out.  They were almost out of aloe Vera gel.

I have chosen to stay at home as much as possible.  I work 3 days a week but we don't have many client visits.  I do have to file documents at the courthouse but am mailing in the routine items.  I know I can't live in isolation, and I don't want to, so I'm just doing what I can and hoping for the best.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Someone tell him the quarantine time line is 5-7 years.  

News Break: The CDC just announced that the quarantine time for jackasses is 50-70 years.

• Haha 13

I am terrified.  Beyond terrified.  I should have stayed off of reddit, but I have seen some stuff that haunts me all through day.  

I have prepped a bit, stocked up on food, cat stuff, and meds.  If it was just me and the husband I would be slightly more relaxed, but with our kids I am freaking out. 

My husband is going to be on the front lines of this when (and I truly believe when, not if) it comes.  He has basically said we get it and live, we get it and die, or we don't get it at all.  Nothing to be done.   Its in our province now.  

I wasn't this freaked out with mers, sars, ebola, h1n1 (which we think I had....and it was horrible).  But this just feels so different.  I feel like everyone is lying, there are no truths out there.   

I don't want to bring anyone down, but I needed a safe place to write this down and have it out.  No one has to respond to this but I just needed to vent.  Yes, I could do with some meds....but I sure as heck am not going to the clinic right now.....shudder.

Edited by jiggleromp
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Would Trump admit if he had it?

Trump admitting failure? Never!

• Upvote 7

And did I hear that we have a second member of Congress self-isolating? (babble from CNBC on the way to work this morning but I didn't catch it all since it was raining during my commute and due to time change back to being dark)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic