IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

On 7/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's of the mind set that everyone should have short hair, especially women "over a certain age"

My separated sister from the same/ but different mother!!!

To my mother a "certain age" was over 22. She kept on and on and on and on. She never let up telling me how silly long hair looked on a woman my age.  She of the short light brown helmet hair, styled and set hard once a week at the "beauty salon." It was never the hair stylist.

Once I grew out the mother mandated dutch bob when I was 10 my hair was waist length until I was 25.  After that it varied from shoulder blades to waist length.  At the moment at well over 22, it is just top of the bust length. I'm going to be one of those women with long silver/ white hair.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Next week: Jessa & Ben have their first road trip with 3 kids, Felicity goes to a swim lesson (and hates it), Medic Corps goes to The Bahamas to 'help' after hurricane Dorian, a corn maze.

So TLC actually filmed them in the Bahamas.  People were suffering, and TLC films these unqualified assholes?  Fuck you, TLC!  :angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 14
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 3

3 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

Wow!  The lack of child development knowledge from the Mother of the Year is sad.  These people make me sick.

I know the potty training advice is wrong, but does anyone here know what's going with the child when this happens?  and what to do to help the kid?  I'm just curious and want to file it away for (hopefully) future use

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

I know the potty training advice is wrong, but does anyone here know what's going with the child when this happens?  and what to do to help the kid?  I'm just curious and want to file it away for (hopefully) future use

I'm not watching, forgot it was on, was too busy watching the weather (not being sarcastic there are tornado warnings and flash floods going on all around us) what was the bad advice about potty training? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

So TLC actually filmed them in the Bahamas.  People were suffering, and TLC films these unqualified assholes?  Fuck you, TLC!  :angry-cussingblack:

Yeah I’m surprised they have the gall to air it. 

There was a moment in the labor class where JAbbie looked like they discovered doggy style and I couldn’t unsee???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not watching, forgot it was on, was too busy watching the weather (not being sarcastic there are tornado warnings and flash floods going on all around us) what was the bad advice about potty training? 

Spurgeon started regressing on his potty training on after Ivy was born and Michelle basically said that he was trying to get attention by misbehaving/being stubborn. She said that Jessa would need to go back to square one and start over with potty training. Jessa said she would start setting a timer to remind him to go to the bathroom (which is what she did when he first started).

• Upvote 7

Poor Spurgeon. Jessa shamed him on social media when he wet his pants, complete with a picture. Now it's out there that he's regressed. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I think it may be cell phone footage. I doubt TLC could have flown in given the conditions down there. The Duggars used their own planes.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Meggo said:

What was up with HIS face in return? I've only seen the previews - but his look is kind of a mix between "Well - THAT's awkward" and "Oh crap did the cameras catch that??" 

Lol every time I saw the promo for this episode, I had to stifle a laugh at that interaction. I took it as him either having a brief realization that telling your wife, "Your body is made for pregnancy/giving birth, so what's the big deal?" maybe isn't the most helpful advice when you're staring down the barrel of labor; or him thinking, "Wait, are you allowed to gently tease your significant other like a normal person on this show? Are we doing that now?"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

TLC shouldn’t be showing them in the Bahamas- they were wearing US police badges and carrying guns in a sovereign state. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Logan Smith posted this pic from the Andregg wedding. Some Duggar boys were in the wedding party. 

2CC73A33-785A-4997-810B-042FA36A308E.jpeg

Ooof those bridesmaids dresses are awful. Like I know this modest fundy wedding style is usually not great but that awful metallic....

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think it may be cell phone footage. I doubt TLC could have flown in given the conditions down there. The Duggars used their own planes.

You're probably right about it being cell phone/personal camera footage.  The storm had barely left when those dolts flew in, taking advantage of the chaos right afterwards.  So it will be highly edited to make them look good.

• Upvote 6

I said this in the Jinger thread; Jana is not coming across well this season.

She's been annoyed by Josie during the painting scene. (For those who didn't see, she told her off for not following the"rules", physically stopped Josie by gently grabbing her wrist and removing the brushes then made her leave the greenhouse.)

In the LA boutique she made several distasteful faces and comments both to Jinger and the sales assistant. Then in her talking head about the experience she was snotty and kind of rude.

I'm not sure what TLC is up to with this editing or if this is the nicest Jana is capable of being on camera.

I also thought that Michelle seemed a little annoyed with Josie while she was making the cleaning wipes.

It's been clear since Josie was born, (and perhaps since they had no further children) that she was treated differently from her siblings, even spoiled a bit. They raised her to expect extra attention, but now she's getting older and they seem reluctant to give it to her. 

I don't blame Josie; JB and Michelle made a rod for their own backs. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I said this in the Jinger thread; Jana is not coming across well this season.

She's been annoyed by Josie during the painting scene. (For those who didn't see, she told her off for not following the"rules", physically stopped Josie by gently grabbing her wrist and removing the brushes then made her leave the greenhouse.)

In the LA boutique she made several distasteful faces and comments both to Jinger and the sales assistant. Then in her talking head about the experience she was snotty and kind of rude.

I'm not sure what TLC is up to with this editing or if this is the nicest Jana is capable of being on camera.

I also thought that Michelle seemed a little annoyed with Josie while she was making the cleaning wipes.

It's been clear since Josie was born, (and perhaps since they had no further children) that she was treated differently from her siblings, even spoiled a bit. They raised her to expect extra attention, but now she's getting older and they seem reluctant to give it to her. 

I don't blame Josie; JB and Michelle made a rod for their own backs. 

Jana's attitude was horrible in the boutique. I get that the top was something that she wouldn't (Jim Bob) want to wear for modesty. However, she could have easily taken it in the dressing room and come out without it to say that it just wasn't her style. Or she could have said, this was a shopping trip for Jinger and she was there to see what her sister picked. Or better yet, she could have said that she loved the color but did they have it in another style. Instead she seemed very dismissive of the woman's efforts and in the talking heads put both the style down, as well as her own sister and the professional's taste level. 

I get that life probably sucks for her. She is stuck at home as long as Jim Bob controls her mind and the purse strings. Given that she is unable or unwilling to just walk away, her best hope is marriage and a husband that takes her away from Arkansas. She's not going to land a good husband with that attitude though. In her circles, girls her age usually (not always) marry widowers with children. If I was a widower who saw her attitude with Josie or when out shopping, I'd look somewhere else for a wife. 

• Upvote 10

22 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

In her circles, girls her age usually (not always) marry widowers with children. If I was a widower who saw her attitude with Josie or when out shopping, I'd look somewhere else for a wife. 

And a normal grown ass man in his 30s or 40s is not going to put up with Boob's bullshit and 50-page questionnaire.  And being asked to film even if he doesn't want to?  Hard pass.  Jana's not worth the trouble, tbh.

Jana's probably realizing she's screwed in the marriage department.  She's either going to have to marry an 'unapproved' man to get what she wants, possibly alienating herself from the family, or make do with the idiot famewhore who's willing to dance for Boob's $$.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Yes, it appears Jana is not sweet and patient anymore. Or maybe she never was and we just didn't notice back then. My opinion is she is not being honest about how she truly feels about her life at the moment. I can't imagine the pressure of the whole world noticing when you're not married by 30 and watching younger siblings married with kids. This is not just relatives bugging you about being single at a cook out. I'm talking about complete strangers who have been watching you on TLC since you were 12. I hope she has moved in her own room because she deserves it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yes, it appears Jana is not sweet and patient anymore. Or maybe she never was and we just didn't notice back then. My opinion is she is not being honest about how she truly feels about her life at the moment. I can't imagine the pressure of the whole world noticing when you're not married by 30 and watching younger siblings married with kids. This is not just relatives bugging you about being single at a cook out. I'm talking about complete strangers who have been watching you on TLC since you were 12. I hope she has moved in her own room because she deserves it.

Particularly now that her twin brother JD has a wife and child. Before he got married, there was his whole “bachelor to the rapture” joke and the younger guys getting married before he did. 

• Upvote 13

Since Jana got her Instagram account I think she has come across as a bit smug but that’s the Duggar way. The humpers love to say how accomplished she is with her music and home renovations but there’s been no evidence of her having any sort of business other than being part of Duggar inc. 

I think the pool of suitable men is small for her - she has high expectations of being maintained, they have to tolerate her family and their beliefs. Like a PP said it’s either going to be a fame  seeking Idiot who thinks the gravy train is good for a few miles yet or it has to be someone rich enough to mean they don’t need JBs house or money. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Sadly in the fundie world, I think Jana's best bet is a widower. Someone like Keltons dad, who had kids, lost his wife early and needs a lifemate. She was snottie as shit in the store. I get that it's not her style but her sister is clearly trying to fit into the LA style. Just let her have a moment where she doesn't look like she has fundie dresses at home.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

The humpers love to say how accomplished she is with her music and home renovations but there’s been no evidence of her having any sort of business other than being part of Duggar inc. 

I think this is a BIG problem with the entire family.  The humpers have told them how wonderful they are for years on end, and they now believe their shit doesn't stink.  Especially the younger ones who don't really remember when they weren't on TV.  If you've got 1000 people on your birthday post singing your praises, you eventually will start to think you're better than everyone else.  So now they're a lazy and entitled family that believes their purpose in life is to be on TV, because you now, if they can be a blessing to just one person, it's all worth it...?

• Upvote 10

We will probably never know what is going on with her. Is she smug? Is she depressed? Is she fed up? I kind of prefer if she is smug, otherwise, its a hell of a depressing life. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I agree with all so far re. Jana. I wonder if she just didn’t realize how tough it would be to be single in the cult at her age until JD got married. I suspect she got a lot of her emotional fulfillment through their close sibling relationship, and that has changed/waned now, so she’s finally realize she is alone with few options. Honestly, her best option could be to walk away and (ghost) write a tell all, or walk away and get her own reality show on a different network, silicate to the escaping the Amish shows (JB will not allow it on TLC).

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

I agree with all so far re. Jana. I wonder if she just didn’t realize how tough it would be to be single in the cult at her age until JD got married. I suspect she got a lot of her emotional fulfillment through their close sibling relationship, and that has changed/waned now, so she’s finally realize she is alone with few options. Honestly, her best option could be to walk away and (ghost) write a tell all, or walk away and get her own reality show on a different network, silicate to the escaping the Amish shows (JB will not allow it on TLC).

I do think something shifted in Jana when her twin got married, just like something shifted for Jill when Sam had complications at birth. I hope Jana eventually stops fighting the shift and lets herself change like Jill did, but I don't see it happening if she's never allowed to go anywhere alone.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I do think something shifted in Jana when her twin got married, just like something shifted for Jill when Sam had complications at birth. I hope Jana eventually stops fighting the shift and lets herself change like Jill did, but I don't see it happening if she's never allowed to go anywhere alone.

Unless she finds someone who will let her thrive a bit like Derrick with Jill. I still don't like him but I gotta say, he has been good for her considering her options. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic