IGNORED

Why Do Josh and Anna

luv2laugh

Why do Josh and Anna have to tour along with the Duggars all the time? They are always being shipped and bussed out to wherever Michelle and Jim Bob decide to take the kids to go. I just don't get it. I thought these people were into the "leave and cleave" thing once marriage? I could see Josh and Anna touring with them sometimes but I mean they are with them ALL THE TIME....

I think Josh and Anna tour with the rest of the family because they like the attention they get and they both know they are celebs in the fundie world.

Guest Anonymous
Why do Josh and Anna have to tour along with the Duggars all the time? They are always being shipped and bussed out to wherever Michelle and Jim Bob decide to take the kids to go. I just don't get it. I thought these people were into the "leave and cleave" thing once marriage? I could see Josh and Anna touring with them sometimes but I mean they are with them ALL THE TIME....

I'm guessin' they get paid to do it.

This.

Yup.

Seems to me Michelle and JB's real religion is the Church of the Current Day Currency, and their first acorn hasn't fallen far from the tree.

Does anyone besides me personally feel that Josh and Anna should be trying to bond with their own little family instead of lapping up the fame amongst the Duggars all the time? I mean, they have a family of their own now! It's sort of obvious that Josh and Anna are getting fame-hungry.

Does anyone besides me personally feel that Josh and Anna should be trying to bond with their own little family instead of lapping up the fame amongst the Duggars all the time? I mean, they have a family of their own now! It's sort of obvious that Josh and Anna are getting fame-hungry.

Yes. I'm sure you'll find lots of FJ support (majority, I'd say) who back up your feelings on this.

This.

Yeppers. They're acknowledged at the end of the show, right under Boob and Michelle. The church where Jason fell was also "thanked" tonight, but I imagine they paid a hefty price (MRI's ain't cheap) for the promotion they got.

Smugs spends more time on the road pimping out his family for this show than he does at his actual "job." And who tows cars for JD when he's gone? One of Smuggar's lackeys who isn't selling cars (as if they sell more than one a week)? How do those businesses REALLY survive (same question to Zach Bates, whose income appears to be next to nothing).

I don't think the car lot brings in a lot of money after employees and other things are paid so they probably need the TLC money to get by.

And when TLC is gone the reality will hit them! I don't know how much money Josh and Anna get for beeing on the show (and especially in Anna's case for giving birth on TV) but I hope they are smart enough to put the majority of the money on their bank account. If Anna keeps having new blessing ever 18 months, one car per week won't be enough to get them food on the table.

Anna needs to start watching Extreme Couponing and taking some notes. When the TLC gravy train derails she's going to need to know how to buy $800 worth of cream of crap soup, noodles, and canned chicken for a nickel...gotta be able to make tons of that chickenetti shit for Joshie!

I think they're fame whores, and that the used car lot doesn't bring them nearly the amount of money the show does.

Josh needs to be with the family. First of all, they have 19 kids, not 18. We can't have one missing!

Anna needs to be there because she's the one that shows that this lifestyle work. She's a young mother of 2 blessings already and submissive to her husband.

Also, I wonder if the show helps out the car lot. I mean, it probably doesn't increase sales from local customers, but I'd bet that fundies from all over the region seek out a car from another fundie.

Josh needs to be with the family. First of all, they have 19 kids, not 18. We can't have one missing!

Anna needs to be there because she's the one that shows that this lifestyle work. She's a young mother of 2 blessings already and submissive to her husband.

Also, I wonder if the show helps out the car lot. I mean, it probably doesn't increase sales from local customers, but I'd bet that fundies from all over the region seek out a car from another fundie.

I think maybe the show has helped the car lot to a small extent. I think some locals who like the Duggars probably have given Smuggar business and you bring up a good point about fundies from other areas helping out Smuggar. I think Smugs probably does get some business from fundies around the state. But I think some people from their area do get turned off by the Duggars and Smuggar and Boob have made the mistake of handling some of the inventory on camera in ways that would turn people off from giving them business.

And when TLC is gone the reality will hit them! I don't know how much money Josh and Anna get for beeing on the show (and especially in Anna's case for giving birth on TV) but I hope they are smart enough to put the majority of the money on their bank account. If Anna keeps having new blessing ever 18 months, one car per week won't be enough to get them food on the table.

I think Josh and Anna are probably socking away most of the money they are getting from TLC. But reality will still hit them. They won't have extra money to go on various trips. I think their trips will be reduced to the annual Big Sandy convention. They might not end up having money to buy or build a home, so they might end up living in Mary's rental house for several years.

I would hope that Josh is saving up all his money, but I am doubtful. Jim Bob always tightly controlled the purse strings while they were growing up. Plenty of the smarter kids will learn how to save anyway, but Josh is not the smartest one of that group. Jim Bob didn't even give the kids an allowance; he gave them "credits" but kept the actual cash himself until they decided to use it. I am worried about what will happen after the TLC gravy train ends because I just don't see Josh being good with money management. Anna would do a better job of it, both because she's more responsible and she seems to have had a better homeschooling experience, but I doubt she'll ever be in charge of the money because she's the woman.

I agree. I'd be hanging with my little ones, not trotting them out for pictures.

They can't be doing too, too horribly if they can just give away a car to another family.

I'm thinking they got the car for next to nothing, and they can write it off on taxes. Probably didn't "cost" them much at all. Nice gesture, but if the cameras weren't on them and the TLC money wasn't coming in, would it have happened? We'll never know...

you have to donate to a certified charity (or disaster relief organization) in order to take it off your taxes, so i'm sure they give to a church or something, so techincally the van was owned by the church or whatever. they just handed the keys to the family, that is, if they deducted it.

Archived