IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 7: Grifter in Utero

GreyhoundFan

On 2/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, squiddysquid said:

Gotta love how the newborn pictures focus on the couple and the actual baby is somewhere in the corner of the background.

Layla is peeking out like "Hello?? Guys? Big milk thing? Anyone??“ And Carlin in full makeup and fresh manicure kissing the fundie Zoolander... Get used to it kid

well great, now I'm getting ads like this ??

(a Doctor Who quote btw. the doc speaks every language including Baby...)

big milk thing.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, Dandruff said:

I think Layla looks like Bella Duggar.

I think she looks like Kaci and Khloé.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:52 PM, squiddysquid said:

Gotta love how the newborn pictures focus on the couple and the actual baby is somewhere in the corner of the background.

Layla is peeking out like "Hello?? Guys? Big milk thing? Anyone??“ And Carlin in full makeup and fresh manicure kissing the fundie Zoolander... Get used to it kid.

Studio_20200205_102400.png

Spoiler

Studio_20200205_102237.png

More of the same. Layla seems resigned to here faith already - this is the Carlin and Evan show - I feel you kid.

Spoiler

Studio_20200206_232815.png

Spoiler

Studio_20200206_232853.png

Kiddo is obviously thrilled. Davia Waller might have found her match in facial expressions though. I like that girl already!

Spoiler

Studio_20200206_232732.png

mods, my posts merged, hence the 3 pics outside the spoiler

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
putting pics under spoilers
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They had her under the Billie lights if you clicked through the story. 

ah, the baby rotisserie!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Not a Carlin fan- but I think the pictures are sweet.  I'm surprised they went with pictures from when she is still doing skin to skin.  Most of them wait until the baby has been cleaned and swaddled with a matching bow.  These look like normal family pictures from the hospital.  I'd snark about having a professional photographer there, but that's incredibly mainstream these days too.  Too bad about the jaundice, poor little babe- that's a rough start to what is inevitably going to be a rough life in a fertility cult. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think she looks like Kaci and Khloé.

I saw one picture that I now can't find (maybe was in someone's Insta story) where Layla looked EXACTLY like Carlin. It was shocking. I've never seen a newborn look so much like one of their parents. To be honest, I think newborns usually look like squishy potatoes (in the best way possible).

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I am aware that having children can be very fulfilling and despite the inevitable worries, being a parent is a life’s calling for some.

Still, the first emotion I had when reading on Instagram that Carlin had to take wee Layla back to the hospital a day or two after being released, was pity. Carlin and Evan are so young, they should just enjoy life right now, even married life if they want to and feel ready, but they shouldn’t have to deal with such issues right now. After “sowing their wild oats” and living independently for a couple of years, I wouldn’t feel nearly as much sadness for them. Not cause having a sick child is “good” at any point, but because I’d assume they are more aware of the responsibilities that come with having children and have a better past as a couple to suck it up and deal with some stress. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I am aware that having children can be very fulfilling and despite the inevitable worries, being a parent is a life’s calling for some.

Still, the first emotion I had when reading on Instagram that Carlin had to take wee Layla back to the hospital a day or two after being released, was pity. Carlin and Evan are so young, they should just enjoy life right now, even married life if they want to and feel ready, but they shouldn’t have to deal with such issues right now. After “sowing their wild oats” and living independently for a couple of years, I wouldn’t feel nearly as much sadness for them. Not cause having a sick child is “good” at any point, but because I’d assume they are more aware of the responsibilities that come with having children and have a better past as a couple to suck it up and deal with some stress. 

I tend to agree. Every time I see them with the baby and listen to how they talk to and about her, they just seem so young and immature. I have had to remind myself that Carlin is older than Josie, but she does not present that way at all. While the older girls in these families seem more ready and capable of quickly jumping into a family, those gals in the middle of the pack just seem so immature. I guess if you haven’t had too much parent time (vs sister parenting), and you had older sisters to do much of the heavy lifting and learning, you really are at a disadvantage. Maybe it’s just me, but Carlin and her man seem to be playing house. Also, the most prepared, Michaela and Jana have no kids at all...things that make you go hmm. Jesus laughs? I also think that Josie spent more time with Alyssa who also presents as more mature for her age, and this might be why she seems more adult like.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

While I agree with you overall, Layla is not sick. What she has is common and (usually) not a big deal. Of course it may be exceptions, but does not seem the case. Of course it's stressful and sad for the parents, but no need to seriously worry!

(I had the same issue than Layla when I was born. My mom was 21. Young moms can do their best! They are strong).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

While I agree with you overall, Layla is not sick. What she has is common and (usually) not a big deal. Of course it may be exceptions, but does not seem the case. Of course it's stressful and sad for the parents, but no need to seriously worry!

(I had the same issue than Layla when I was born. My mom was 21. Young moms can do their best! They are strong).

Agreed.  All my kids had jaundice (2 needed bili lights) and they were fine.  It sucked not being able to be home as quickly, but they weren't in pain and immediate treatment prevents any serious issues in most cases.  

I was also a young mom and grew up very fast with my first pregnancy and the birth of my son.  

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Also, the most prepared, Michaela and Jana have no kids at all...things that make you go hmm.

I don't see them as the most prepared.  If anything it seems they may have a harder time learning the difference between being a stand-in parent for your siblings and being an actual parent where the buck stops with you.

If preparation made the best parents Jill would be knocking it out of the park, and she's struggling at times like many young moms.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know it’s not serious. I actually had jaundice as a baby myself. My point isn’t that Layla is seriously sick, but that Carlin and Evan inevitably have to worry about an issue that doesn’t concern many people their age. Being stuck in a hospital isn’t fun, no matter the reason. And they shouldn’t be in this situation. 

• Upvote 3

Serious or not serious, it is for Layla's doctor(s) to determine, and if they determined it was serious enough that she should go back to the hospital, it is at least comforting that CarVan are following the advice and Layla is getting the proper medical attention. 

Some idiot on the Lily&Ellie blog made a comment about "there are kids with cancer and genetic diseases, jaundice is not being sick at all!". I understand that, in the big scheme of things, jaundice is a relatively "minor" issue, but (A) it's not like there is a hit parade of sickness; and (B) I wonder where all the people who make these comments got their medical degrees and think they know more than the person's doctor(s)! 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I know it’s not serious. I actually had jaundice as a baby myself. My point isn’t that Layla is seriously sick, but that Carlin and Evan inevitably have to worry about an issue that doesn’t concern many people their age. Being stuck in a hospital isn’t fun, no matter the reason. And they shouldn’t be in this situation. 

Yes, and they don't seem very mature. But they are older than 20 years old. In their social circle it's absolutely normal to be a parent their age, as in many world cultures.

You are seeing them through your own cultural glass. But from a fundie perspective, they are not losing their youth: they are living their best experiences as a couple at the right moment.

Not that I agree with fundies. But in my social circle you are looked as a fool if you are a mother before 30 years old, because "nobody does that". I think that we are all biased and there's not a "right way".

• Upvote 14

I just wanted to add that Jaundice can be very, very serious. Based on known events and thankfully, this baby had the more common and easily treated forms of the disease. People need to recognize that hyperbilirubinemia is a very serious condition and not to be ignored, at all. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I just wanted to add that Jaundice can be very, very serious. Based on known events and thankfully, this baby had the more common and easily treated forms of the disease. People need to recognize that hyperbilirubinemia is a very serious condition and not to be ignored, at all. 

I didn't see anyone here saying it should be ignored.  

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I didn't see anyone here saying it should be ignored.  

Lots of people also posting as if it was nothing. Depending on the reason for the diagnosis or if not thoroughly treated, it is very serious. This is not akin to a stubbed toe. Common, yes.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Lots of people also posting as if it was nothing. Depending on the reason for the diagnosis or if not thoroughly treated, it is very serious. This is not akin to a stubbed toe. Common, yes.

I think what people were responding to was a post which (upon first read, before it was explained) seemed to present her condition as particularly tragic.  It definitely needs to be addressed when it happens, but for the vast majority of cases the baby isn't sick nor is this a major health crisis.  

To your point, yes, it can be quite serious and no matter how mild medical advice should always be followed - but for most people it's not a "holy shit, please pray for my baby" kind of situation is all I was trying to say.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think what people were responding to was a post which (upon first read, before it was explained) seemed to present her condition as particularly tragic.  It definitely needs to be addressed when it happens, but for the vast majority of cases the baby isn't sick nor is this a major health crisis.  

To your point, yes, it can be quite serious and no matter how mild medical advice should always be followed - but for most people it's not a "holy shit, please pray for my baby" kind of situation is all I was trying to say.

Carlin is nothing if not dramatic. She throws herself into hysterics each time a sister gets married. She screams at each achievement a sibling makes (and I mean every one). She loves the camera in every situation. No doubt her social media will be full of dramatic moments for Layla. I try to take the histrionics with a grain of salt. While the situation could have been bad, it didn't seem to delay the photoshoots, etc. 

That said, a return to the hospital is scary for parents and not the ideal situation. She behaved like Carlin normally does with the numerous pics and videos to document it all. Personally, I would have been more concerned with taking Layla to the Big House during cold and flu season. But none of them think that it is very important and drag those babies out everywhere and let everyone hold and handle them. 

• Upvote 8

My baby was just born a week ago. (You guys remember when I was complaining that I wished I could have a baby even one hour before my due date? Well I did ha!) He had elevated jaundice levels and had to be under the Bili lights And this conversation is a bit triggering for me honestly. 

No, he was not very ill. No we weren’t overly concerned about his health because his levels were only slightly heightened (due to an injury he sustained during his delivery he had some bruising causing his jaundice levels to be raised.) He was being treated in the hospital and we knew it wasn’t terribly serious and that he would recover just fine.

That said. It was not an easy experience. We planned to leave the hospital 24 hours after his birth but instead we were there for days. He had to lie flat on his back in a bed, not being snuggled except for during feeds, he screamed his head off, off and on for hours until we figured out how to get him to take a pacifier which helped him calm down partially.  It was distressing, we got absolutely no sleep, and I still struggle to think about those long hours my husband and I traded sitting next to his little bed holding a pacifier in his mouth and talking to him to try and calm him. I did take a few photos to document his journey but I don’t love looking at them.

However - as long as a baby is being properly treated they will be just fine and there are worse complications medically to be had.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Love 45

All three of my kids had varying degrees of jaundice when they were born. I had the rh factor issue with my blood and each baby. I guess that makes them more likely to have jaundice issues as well? That's what they told me anyway. One baby had to be in the sun, one baby just had to be watched and nursing solved her jaundice, the third needed billi lights. It's not a major health issue.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

All three of my kids had varying degrees of jaundice when they were born. I had the rh factor issue with my blood and each baby. I guess that makes them more likely to have jaundice issues as well? That's what they told me anyway. One baby had to be in the sun, one baby just had to be watched and nursing solved her jaundice, the third needed billi lights. It's not a major health issue.

I had the rh issue, too.  Both my boys are + and needed to be under the bililights.  My daughter is - like me and nursing and sunny windows were all she needed.

She was the only one I was able to nurse exclusively since with the boys they gave bottles immediately to help flush the jaundice.  One would nurse for a bit but preferred the bottle and the other only took the bottle.

Fed is best so I'm okay with that.

• Upvote 9

Feeling very defrauded at the moment. New Instastories from Carlin include a shirtless Evan. Not that impressive, but still disturbing given this family.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic