IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 7: Grifter in Utero

GreyhoundFan

6 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Feeling very defrauded at the moment. New Instastories from Carlin include a shirtless Evan. Not that impressive, but still disturbing given this family.

Defrauding boys pictures is typical Bates. Kelly has posted much more inmodest pictures of her own sons. 

But girls in pants is something that husband must approve, isn't it logical?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Something about this post makes me feel icky, like, idek where to begin

I would start with appearing to use her baby as a mere prop and likely spending half a day on her hair, makeup, and pose. Whether it’s true or not, Carlin’s posts just scream total self-absorption. It stands out as even more jarring now that she’s a new parent.  

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Something about this post makes me feel icky, like, idek where to begin

For me it’s the part where he says “we’re married so you don’t have a choice.”

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Oh I can give her a pass on the spending a lot of time on hair and makeup and poses. It’s just one day the baby won’t remember it and Carlin now has lovely (not really my taste though) photos that can last a lifetime. I was ugly as sin two weeks after my baby. I would love some pretty me and baby photos to look back on.  Baby was feed and loved and mainly asleep anyway. 
the holy blur I can’t give a pass too though.  Carlin wouldn’t need to spend that much time on makeup, it’s all blurred anyway. 

• Upvote 10

Carlin can do her hair and makeup pretty easily right now. She only has one newborn. I bet Layla still sleeps a lot. It will be much harder for her to do that if she has three kids in three years. So she may as well do it now while she has the time. Because that won’t last long. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Nothing says “I love you” like dressing up in a violent bank robber costume and pointing a gun at your wife’s uterus which recently birthed your newborn. (See last photo.)

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carlin can do her hair and makeup pretty easily right now. She only has one newborn. I bet Layla still sleeps a lot. It will be much harder for her to do that if she has three kids in three years. So she may as well do it now while she has the time. Because that won’t last long. 

Her sisters Erin and Alyssa still find the time (while they say not daily). It's all about priorities I suppose. Not saying they do, but I can imagine they using tricks like putting the kids in front of a screen or giving them a sweet to make they wait until mama is ready. And well... Braggy has 7 kids and a perfect look. And Jill Rodrigues haha.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Her sisters Erin and Alyssa still find the time (while they say not daily). It's all about priorities I suppose. Not saying they do, but I can imagine they using tricks like putting the kids in front of a screen or giving them a sweet to make they wait until mama is ready. And well... Braggy has 7 kids and a perfect look. And Jill Rodrigues haha.

Also, none of these ladies has to get up every day, get all made up, have their kids perfectly coiffed and curated,  and out the door at a precise time. So while Alyssa mentions that she and her girls are dressed and presentable every day, it’s a choice and on her time schedule, not an employers. Everyone can do something once a week, and it makes these types of things easier when they are done on one’s own timetable.  If they all had to get up for work 5 days a week, it wouldn't be quite so easy.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

The Bates bring their newborns around way too many people so early on in life. I cant imagine the obligation of introducing and passing your baby to 30-50 people (maybe more? (Spouses, Grandparents, camera crew) at a time.

Especially during flu/RSV season amongst a shit load of medically uninsured and potentially thus vaccinated children. 

My newborn is barely two weeks old and I’m dreading an upcoming nephew’s birthday party and debating skipping out.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Also, none of these ladies has to get up every day, get all made up, have their kids perfectly coiffed and curated,  and out the door at a precise time. So while Alyssa mentions that she and her girls are dressed and presentable every day, it’s a choice and on her time schedule, not an employers. Everyone can do something once a week, and it makes these types of things easier when they are done on one’s own timetable.  If they all had to get up for work 5 days a week, it wouldn't be quite so easy.

I’m a SAHM and I admit I find it completely pointless for me to put on makeup and curl my hair everyday. It rarely happens. Because my kids don’t care! I understand if people want to do it because they enjoy it. I don’t enjoy it so I only do it for special occasions. When I worked, I always did my hair and makeup for work. 

• Upvote 7

I’m a SAHM of toddlers and I only do my makeup once or twice a week if that. Like what others have said, there’s no point and it’s a waste of product. Best time for me to do it is before my littles wake up or if it’s Saturday, daddy can be primary parent for 30 minutes for me to get ready. Tbh it is a priority thing and a lot of times I skip it. Maybe I’d rather screw around on my phone or sleep a little longer than fool with makeup. It depends on my mood. A lot of times I’ll buy sample sizes of mascara and other items that need used quickly so I’m not wasting money because I’m not going to get empties as quickly as someone using makeup everyday. 

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

The Bates bring their newborns around way too many people so early on in life. I cant imagine the obligation of introducing and passing your baby to 30-50 people (maybe more? (Spouses, Grandparents, camera crew) at a time.

Especially during flu/RSV season amongst a shit load of medically uninsured and potentially thus vaccinated children. 

I agree and I would be scared of taking a newborn there, but I don't think Bates grandchildren are uninsured. All Bates mothers are getting proper medical care for their pregnancies and as far as we know, Zach's children have regular pediatrician appointments (apart from trendy chiropractic sessions). Also Zach's job could make necessary for him to be vaccinated (because the potential physical contact with strangers) and the same for Michael if she is already doing some practice in a medical center. Websters are probably OK with regular doctor advice, having been Alyssa in hospitals several times.

• Upvote 8

I just hope all those family members religiously keep up with flu and TDAP shots, I would think that with such a newborn train they'd prioritize that. But I also can't imagine dressing up and having the energy to go to an event and perform while feeding the newborn every 2 hours and changing 10+ diapers a day. But the whole advertisement of this lifestyle is just that - "look, you can have ___ children and still look beautiful and happy, with no complaints!"

And that last part bothers me the most, and is what I hate most about Evan's previous post. "She never complains" they constantly state this as the #1 best characteristic, something to be proud of. New mama - complain, bitch, and cry all you want! I hate that they feel they have to smile all the time because any negativity could be seen as a shameful "complaint". Having babies is hard, that's not a complaint it's a fact.

• Upvote 22
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I just hope all those family members religiously keep up with flu and TDAP shots, I would think that with such a newborn train they'd prioritize that. But I also can't imagine dressing up and having the energy to go to an event and perform while feeding the newborn every 2 hours and changing 10+ diapers a day. But the whole advertisement of this lifestyle is just that - "look, you can have ___ children and still look beautiful and happy, with no complaints!"

And that last part bothers me the most, and is what I hate most about Evan's previous post. "She never complains" they constantly state this as the #1 best characteristic, something to be proud of. New mama - complain, bitch, and cry all you want! I hate that they feel they have to smile all the time because any negativity could be seen as a shameful "complaint". Having babies is hard, that's not a complaint it's a fact.

Absolutely agree, learning and incorporating any new thing is HARD. They have such unrealistic expectations, which to me indicates a lack of basic maturity and life experiences. I LOL at these folks being up to date on TDAP, most adults in the US aren’t current, and these people are not the most organized, informed or proactive about most things beyond catching babies.

PSA- Get a booster TDAP every 10 years! 

• Upvote 8

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Absolutely agree, learning and incorporating any new thing is HARD. They have such unrealistic expectations, which to me indicates a lack of basic maturity and life experiences. I LOL at these folks being up to date on TDAP, most adults in the US aren’t current, and these people are not the most organized, informed or proactive about most things beyond catching babies.

PSA- Get a booster TDAP every 10 years! 

I've always been religious about getting my TDAP, but then I work around horses and on a friend's rural property on a fairly regular basis.

• Upvote 2

On 2/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Nothing says “I love you” like dressing up in a violent bank robber costume and pointing a gun at your wife’s uterus which recently birthed your newborn. (See last photo.)

Short hair and fishnets!!! ?

That dress does not appear to be nursing friendly. Not sure if Carlin is breastfeeding or not. Just an observation that it would be very difficult to do in that dress. 

All I can think about is when I was 2 weeks’ postpartum I was still losing massive amounts of blood and wearing giant pads with disposable underwear. And not sleeping from being up all night with a colicky baby who would only sleep while being held. I can’t imagine getting dressed up and going out for an event like this. 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

I agree! But then I think this is one perk of being, what, 20? And having a baby.

I get exhausted thinking about what I did at age twenty. You just have so much more energy...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I haven't watched yet - but I see that Carlin and Evan have a YouTube channel with videos posted.  

• Upvote 2

I cannot handle how overboard and aggressive the filter Carlin uses on her Instagram stories is. That is definitely not meant to be the tone of Layla’s skin or lips.
77941505-EFEF-4443-BA92-477FDD82BD2E.thumb.jpeg.6b439d4cd078785528d7cc73ccb67104.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2

On 2/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Seculardaisy said:

I ...guess... it’s an improvement on the remarkably offensive elderly person/o2 tank get up of last year (maybe the year before?). 

• Upvote 3

As much as I say stuff about all these girls, I really wish I was like that tho. I look like shit all the time. I can't even bother brushing my hair most days. Kinda makes me feel bad about myself. But I work 60+ hours a week and just don't even have the luxury to get a haircut most seasons. I might leave work early tomorrow to get a manicure. By early I mean 6 instead of 7. It's not a priority for me. My mom on the other hand won't leave the house without hairspray and lipgloss on. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I cannot handle how overboard and aggressive the filter Carlin uses on her Instagram stories is. That is definitely not meant to be the tone of Layla’s skin or lips.
77941505-EFEF-4443-BA92-477FDD82BD2E.thumb.jpeg.6b439d4cd078785528d7cc73ccb67104.jpeg

If she's jaundiced, this may very well be her real skin tone. One of my kids was so jaundiced that her skin looked reddish- brown in her hospital picture. She doesn't even believe it's her in the picture. 

Edited by FaithAndReason
clarity
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Link to the YouTube video re the first dr appointment 

Spoiler

Layla for the win!  Evan experiences his first official poopy diaper in this video. It got on his jeans.  Also, he hates being late (and married into the Bates family).  

ive been spoiled by LDS family vloggers with GoPro obsessions.  If they’re going to do this blogging thing, they need the right equipment (and better lighting)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Just now, FaithAndReason said:

If she's jaundiced, this may very well be her real skin tone. One of my kids was so jaundiced that her skin looks reddish- brown. She doesn't even believe it's her in the picture. 

No it’s the filter. Look at her lips and you can see the name of the filter in the top left corner.

Here are two photos from Evan’s sister where Layla’s skin is maybe slightly orange and her lips are pink not brown and shiny.

Spoiler

ED97870B-672F-40BC-AEFB-3E0BE1C65F4D.thumb.jpeg.2ae56e3e2da4763c7cbaf712f646e530.jpeg

Spoiler

ED1986E5-E6C6-4DF2-B99A-D6CB35D6EE3C.thumb.jpeg.b68ed47eea0f41d250c8152fb19b721a.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic