IGNORED

Blatant disregard for Lyndsie’s son Ethan?

Milly-Molly-Mandy

I also want to add:

Ethan was adopted at 7 months. Who knows what went on in his life before they adopted him. A wide range of scenarios could have taken place. Along with the possibility of exposure to substances while gestating. Then he adopted and given to brand new people at 7 months. A few years later his adoptive mother dies. That’s a second time he’s lost a main caregiver. And then his dad married a woman with three kids and he suddenly has to share his dad with all these new people and he has to try to get along with these new kids. Ethan’s life has been very difficult. It is expected that he would have at least some difficulties. But let’s blame Satan. *huge eyeroll*

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This thread started because of Ethan’s birthday post in 2019. Well his birthday post is even worse this year. Ethan very obviously has special needs. I hate that they seem to blame the devil for his special needs. That’s all sorts of fucked up in my opinion. He cannot help that he has special needs. Stop blaming some imaginary dude who lives in an imaginary place for your son’s difficulties. 

43B2F5C6-17DC-408E-ADC3-C34A2FAF47FA.jpeg

Oh for crying out loud. I just can't with this bullshit. You know what will "gain the next generation"? Not blaming Satan for his additional needs, not making him feel like it is his fault that he is wired differently and has more difficulty fitting into current social norms.

I really hope he is getting actual competent help, because while that post could just have been a reflection of trying to be positive on a hard day, it comes across incredibly poorly. She could have deleted everything after the first paragraph through to "every year is an opportunity..." and it would have been quite nice.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but it’s absolutely crazy how Daniel NEVER talks about Lyndsie. I’m serious. Since he met Britney, I don’t think I’ve heard him once mention his first wife. While Britney talks about her first husband constantly on social media. I really wonder if Lyndsie has mostly been forgotten by the kids because Daniel doesn’t talk about her. Do the kids see Lyndsie’s parents? Since they were adopted and Lyndsie didn’t give birth to them, does that somehow mean less? I’m so disturbed by the family dynamics. Lyndsie is forgotten, Ethan is treated very differently because of his special needs, and the miracle baby is idolized by both parents. Ethan also goes to a special school while the other kids are homeschooled. I’m glad Ethan goes to school, but all the kids get to spend huge amounts of time with Britney while Ethan is left out yet again. Britney admits to not being a good homeschool teacher. So send all the kids to school! But she refuses. I really can’t with this family. 

• Upvote 1