IGNORED

Blatant disregard for Lyndsie’s son Ethan?

Milly-Molly-Mandy

This whole thing (remarried widow) brought to mind The Freckled Fox.  They are up to six (or is it seven?) kids now, with five in school.  I'm guessing this woman makes a fortune being an influencer.     freckled-fox.com

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

This whole thing (remarried widow) brought to mind The Freckled Fox.  They are up to six (or is it seven?) kids now, with five in school.  I'm guessing this woman makes a fortune being an influencer.     freckled-fox.com

At least Daniel didn’t accidentally shoot Brittany with a bunch of kids in the house....

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

How did her husband die? I don't recall.

I’m pretty sure Patrick Price died very unexpectedly unlike Lyndsey (who had been battling cancer). 

• Thank You 1

On 10/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, Palimpsest said:

couple to adopt her child.  

It wasn't because of Lyndsie's cancer, or the fact the Brookers pretty much assuming that

Gah, sorry for that weird post. I‘m on my phone and somehow managed to select text, click the “quote” box and hit submit without noticing. :bangheaddesk:

To make this post less pointless: that poor child. I find it really hard to imagine a benign explanation for the clear difference in treatment of the kids. It’s so sad when step parents seem to fulfill the stereotypes instead of being the awesome bonus parents they could have been. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Ethan is learning at way too early an age that if you want unconditional love, you need to get a dog.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6

6 hours ago, Briefly said:

And that, folks, is why Richard is now known as "GunBun" to many people on the internet!

(His hairstyle may have also played a part.)

Here's a comprehensive history of Freckled Fox via Reddit for anyone who wants to go down that rabbit hole.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

It's just cold...."you know the rest".  Who says that after waxing poetic about their other son?  Ugh.  Oh and I call horse ockey on her claim her lashes are real.  Those aren't real.  Looks like two spiders set up residence on her lids.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, indianabones said:

And that, folks, is why Richard is now known as "GunBun" to many people on the internet!

Here's a comprehensive history of Freckled Fox via Reddit for anyone who wants to go down that rabbit hole.

I love and hate you @indianabones for posting that link. Of course I had to read it and now I'm kind of hooked. I knew about the gun incident, but their relationship sounds like a train wreck even without the fact that he shot them both in a house full of kids.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, indianabones said:

Wow.  I remember the drama up to the shooting but hadn't kept up with the action at all.   

I'm glad the children have GALs assigned.  It sounds as though Richard is a complete scoff-law, scammer, and loon and Emily is going along with the whole thing.   Perhaps the grandparents are after full custody.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I love and hate you @indianabones for posting that link. Of course I had to read it and now I'm kind of hooked. I knew about the gun incident, but their relationship sounds like a train wreck even without the fact that he shot them both in a house full of kids.

Same here -- like I need more rabbit holes!

Seriously, Richard Carmack seems to be even worse than most people imagined. In fact, he's evil.

Glad the children have GALs assigned to them. At least their evil step/father & feckless fool of a mother don't have complete control over the children.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Same here -- like I need more rabbit holes!

Seriously, Richard Carmack seems to be even worse than most people imagined. In fact, he's evil.

Glad the children have GALs assigned to them. At least their evil step/father & feckless fool of a mother don't have complete control over the children.

I think I said their marriage would last 3 years back when they got together. It’s coming up on three years soon. I give them another year tops. 

• Upvote 4

@indianabones, thanks for posting the link.  I didn't know about the lawsuits. The whole thing is icky, I was not totally surprised that she remarried, although the speed was surprising. She's young, lots of children and also belongs to a church that is not really friendly to single mothers/women in general in some cases. But I don't think she did much "homework" as far as Richard, he does not sound like a really upstanding person.  He sounds like a taker and a scammer, I have always gotten those vibes about him. It sounds like he started taking pretty much immediately, and making every attempt to separate her from any money or valuables she had. Especially if it came from Martin or Martin's family, Richard (in my opinion) obviously is still trying to show up Martin and I see a lot of jealousy on Richard's part.  GunBun, that is a perfect name for him.  I do hope that she and the children manage to get away from him, although I can see him fighting her every step of the way and also using their baby as a tool in that fight.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Briefly said:

@indianabones, thanks for posting the link.  I didn't know about the lawsuits. The whole thing is icky, I was not totally surprised that she remarried, although the speed was surprising. She's young, lots of children and also belongs to a church that is not really friendly to single mothers/women in general in some cases. But I don't think she did much "homework" as far as Richard, he does not sound like a really upstanding person.  He sounds like a taker and a scammer, I have always gotten those vibes about him. It sounds like he started taking pretty much immediately, and making every attempt to separate her from any money or valuables she had. Especially if it came from Martin or Martin's family, Richard (in my opinion) obviously is still trying to show up Martin and I see a lot of jealousy on Richard's part.  GunBun, that is a perfect name for him.  I do hope that she and the children manage to get away from him, although I can see him fighting her every step of the way and also using their baby as a tool in that fight.

This is an awful thing to say but I think she won’t have a hard time finding a replacement for him. She’s pretty, she has an online following, and she’s not a heinous asshole in general. I don’t like her but some guy will be happy to marry her after she finally chucks Dick to the curb. Then she can finally play happily ever after with that guy and Dick will just become a bad memory that pops up every once in awhile when he feels like visiting Alice.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is an awful thing to say but I think she won’t have a hard time finding a replacement for him.

If she & GunBun manage to run through all the money before Martin's family can stop them, Richard will be outta there like nobody's business and on to his next victim.  I agree that Emily won't have a problem finding a new spouse. 

I had to tear myself away from the Reddit subforum but was wondering what, if any, role Emily's birth family currently plays in their lives. May have missed it but the only mention of family on there was the Meyer family. 

Finally, it looks like GunBun has *cut off the bun* -- the Redditors think it's because he & Emily have to make a court appearance regarding one or more of the lawsuits against him and so wants to look respectable.

2015617769_BunlessGunGun.thumb.jpg.9b31080fbb3c12fc4df8fcf059ca67c3.jpgA

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Wow do I even want to know what the lawsuit are in regards too?

I feel it’s really strange Brittany is so religious yet won’t have any more children...I wonder if she can’t bear to have a baby with someone other than her late husband or if she just thinks 5 kids is enough. She is definitely not over her husband & seems stuck in the past reminiscing about an easier happier time. Don’t blame her but maybe she remarried too quickly? Daniel seems to adore her and her boys & Lyndsie is only mentioned on her anniversary of her death by him. His sister mentions her more! 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:39 AM, indianabones said:

Woah. I followed her story before it got too depressing (scary Richard's scariness) Thanks for the update, I guess? I mean, it's horrible, but now we know. Poor kids--and poor her, too. Fundementalism along with abusive relationships can turn even the smartest person into a dummy while the victim uses all of his/her energy trying to survive physically, mentally, and cognitively.

• Upvote 2

On 10/9/2019 at 1:39 AM, indianabones said:

O.M.G.  I didn't realize ANY of this about GunBun (!) and FF.  Crazy.  I just assumed that Richard worked as a nurse and took care of the family financially, and there was good income from FF's website.  Instead, they were running through money from the sale of homes that her late husband had set up as a long-term investment. 

What a cluster fluck.  And Richard pressing to marry after a brief period of time -- red flag. 

Hoo, boy.  I hope the kids are being cared for, but Richard sounds like very, very bad news.  

Of course, if you visit FF's beautiful web site, all would seem roses, freshly bathed children, and a picket fence around a lovely home.  

Martin's grandparents must be livid over the financial irresponsibility and being cut off from their grandchildren and I sense they have the financial resources to do something about it. 

• Upvote 1

It's strange to me that Brittany's FB sidebar still says "Widowed w/ 3 precious babies, Remarried- The Brooker Bunch, Jesus lover, Blogger & singer."

I mean I wouldn't necessarily expect her to reword it the second she got married, but how long have they been a blended family now? This makes it look like her primary identity is her widowhood.  And it does smack of putting her first husband ahead of Daniel, and her bio kids ahead of Ethan and Aubrey.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

It's strange to me that Brittany's FB sidebar still says "Widowed w/ 3 precious babies, Remarried- The Brooker Bunch, Jesus lover, Blogger & singer."

I mean I wouldn't necessarily expect her to reword it the second she got married, but how long have they been a blended family now? This makes it look like her primary identity is her widowhood.  And it does smack of putting her first husband ahead of Daniel, and her bio kids ahead of Ethan and Aubrey.

I agree that she needs to include her stepchildren. She talks a lot about her dead husband and it’s clear that she isn’t going to force Daniel into be the new father of her children. She makes it clear the boys have a father and he is dead. Daniel is not his replacement. However he is still parenting her kids. And she is parenting his. Just because they aren’t their first parents, doesn’t mean they aren’t a type of parent. So she needs to include Ethan and Aubrey. Because she is a parent to them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This thread started because of Ethan’s birthday post in 2019. Well his birthday post is even worse this year. Ethan very obviously has special needs. I hate that they seem to blame the devil for his special needs. That’s all sorts of fucked up in my opinion. He cannot help that he has special needs. Stop blaming some imaginary dude who lives in an imaginary place for your son’s difficulties. 

43B2F5C6-17DC-408E-ADC3-C34A2FAF47FA.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1