IGNORED

Seewalds 42: Trying to Stay Relevant

Coconut Flan

I grabbed this screenshot at the beginning of the month (Dec 7) and kept forgetting to share. This is from the instastory Jessa posted after Ben's grandfather passed away. Someone is holding Henry's car seat. My assumption is that it is Jessa, but we don't know that for sure. Either way, I am pretty sure those are pants.

Screenshot_20191207-213421.png

42 minutes ago, kokocat said:

I grabbed this screenshot at the beginning of the month (Dec 7) and kept forgetting to share. This is from the instastory Jessa posted after Ben's grandfather passed away. Someone is holding Henry's car seat. My assumption is that it is Jessa, but we don't know that for sure. Either way, I am pretty sure those are pants.

The only pants I see are the ones Ben’s grandfather is wearing. He’s on a wheelchair so the car seat is resting on him. We can’t see Jessa’s lower half in that picture.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I am at my grandparents' and they are in the middle of nowhere. I can't get the whole video to play from Jessa, but here is a screenshot of the beginning of the video. Grandpa isn't in khakis.

Screenshot_20191221-114556.png

• Thank You 5

On 12/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Noticed Ben has been posting alot on insta the last month. I almost wondered ifbJessa had locked him out of instagram since he hadn't posted since the mother's day when henry was A few months old. 

My (a bit more mundane) personal theory is that he decided it wasn't worth it, after all the flack he was getting from his Catholic posts. Then this year I'm pretty sure all the cast members of Counting On were contractually required to post about the new season, and he decided to give it another go.

Maybe the likes were just too intoxicating and sucked him back in!

7 hours ago, kokocat said:

I think it's Danielle Seewald, that hair looks like hers. Though I'm not sure, given the ring- purity ring? I agree with you, I'm pretty sure whoever was holding Ivy was wearing pants. And Jessa was probably filming.

EDIT: I changed my mind! I think it was Jessa and that she was wearing pants.

*Waits for the "Jessa Duggar spotted wearing pants?" InTouch article to come out in 3, 2, 1...*

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, indianabones said:

*Waits for the "Jessa Duggar spotted wearing pants?" InTouch article to come out in 3, 2, 1...*

Yes!! I was actually surprised no one has mentioned it yet. I follow several Duggar fan and non-fan websites. It hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, patsymae said:

I agree the system is screwed up and a huge drain on ER and public resources. One difference between poor people on Medicaid, or who don't qualify, and the Duggars is that in many places few doctors accept Medicaid, or the ones that do have very restricted hours or are where people cannot get to, and there are few to no public clinics. The Duggars have millions. For them it is a choice. And I'm sure that they are savvy enough with manipulating money that when the state comes calling with a bill, the person in question has no actual money in their name. 

I agree, I did say the Duggars do not face those barriers so they really are irresponsible and hurtful to the system. They can absolutely afford proper medical care but for some reason choose to ignore it. I do wonder what Michelle and Jimbob think of their children's choices- they didn't shy away from hospitals and doctors themselves.

As far as medicaid goes I'm sure experience is going to vary by region or state. Most people in my area do no have difficulty finding a doctor to accept MA- dentists are few and far between but the majority of doctors do accept it. I guess that's whats a little frustrating with those who abuse the ERs that I code for- they are all part of a larger system in which every single doctor accepts MA. Our doctors are barely even aware of what insurance their patient carries so the care should be equal regardless. Our state is mostly made up of large public systems though- Aurora, SSM health, Thedacare, Asencsion, Affinity, UW Health....Anyway, its always interesting to learn about how it differs in other areas. The sytem really is screwy and there's so many inconsistencies just going from one town to the next.

• Upvote 3

In Jessa's recent clothing system video, she mentions having pants and workout leggings in her drawer. Just looking at her clothing in her closet, I think she is mainly dresses/skirts only because that seemed to be what she mostly had..... But maybe she has a few pants too. Could be it's her personal dress preference. It could be because she is afraid to wear pants and is venturing out slowly. But honestly with Jill and Jinger wearing pants, and most of the Bates girls wearing pants, I truly wouldn't be surprised or cared if Jessa wears pants eventually. Seems inevitable in a way.

• Upvote 7

Here is another screenshot, showing his knee, and part of one of her brown suede looking shoes. 

Screenshot_20191221-200336_Firefox.jpg

Edited by GutenbergGirl
you can only see one knee in screenshot.
  • Upvote 1

I agree that the person holding Ivy is  wearing pants, I just don't think it is Jessa, simply because those pants aren't her style, at all. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Based solely on the engagement + wedding ring combo shown in the "who's wearing the pants?" pic, I think it may actually be Jessa. 

I think Jessa probably does wear pants at times but sticks to dresses and skirts for filming. She chugs the kool-aid daily and is big on image and perception. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Everywhere I've lived, if you're in labor you go to the er if you're having a hospital birth. Personally I think that's strange, but personally I think maternity "care" in the US is messed up anyway.

At Tiny Town hospital, pregnant women and women in labor check in at the ER and are sent directly to the mother-baby unit or birthing center (which is connected to the hospital) unless they need stabalizing treatment first.  That is how the doctors and midwives want their patients handled.  

• Upvote 2

At the hospital I gave birth at, they have a special ER for pregnant women and that’s where you go when you’re in labor or if you’re having any difficulties and can’t get to you’re regular  OB. Very convenient. 

CWhere I live, Utah, you are sent to maternity triage. This is basically like an ER I suppose but it's really just where they determine if you are actually in labor, if you need a delivery room, or if you need an OR. You can deliver there if the delivery rooms are full. If the maternity or is full they will send you to a general one. Only way a laboring mother end up in the ER is it all the labor rooms are full, and all the triage rooms are full.

With my first I had to wait in the triage room for 30 min while the delivery room became available and sanitized. With my second I waited 20 minutes so the or could be ready in my old school be picked up by my parents. I can't imagine why any pregnant woman would go to the ER and if they did they would just be sent to maternity

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I’m actually still sitting in the hospital from delivering my son and at this hospital you go to L & D for everything. I even got a snake bite during this pregnancy and L & D saw me just to make sure everything was okay. 

• Love 33

15 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I’m actually still sitting in the hospital from delivering my son and at this hospital you go to L & D for everything. I even got a snake bite during this pregnancy and L & D saw me just to make sure everything was okay. 

Congratulations! 

• I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

Everywhere I've lived, if you're in labor you go to the er if you're having a hospital birth. Personally I think that's strange, but personally I think maternity "care" in the US is messed up anyway.

When I had my son a little over 20 years ago in California as a Kaiser patient, I went to the hospital after midnight, so I went to the ER entrance (as I was told to do), and then they sent me upstairs to the maternity ward.  I think if I went into labor during business hours, I would probably have been directed to the main entrance, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

• Upvote 1

Here if you’re arriving at the hospital between 7am and 9pm you go directly to the L&D, after hours you do a ‘check in’ and are admitted through the ER because there aren’t staff at the desk in L&D

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

The hospital 10 minutes away from me has no maternity ward and would only be used in extreme emergencies. Our nearest Maternity hospital is about half an hour away. 

Thirty years ago I checked into labor and delivery at the old (now long since closed) hospital for the birth of my second son. All the rooms were full so they put me in the janitor’s closet until a room opened up. Baby didn’t want to wait that long so was born in the janitor’s closet! The doctor just had time to put on her gloves and catch him. Everything went fine and this is one of his favorite stories. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 7

6 births in the last 12 years all in the USA

every one was ER if you are under 20 weeks

Labor Unit if over 20 weeks

mostly suburban hospitals 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic