IGNORED

Ark Encounter sued their insurance company

47of74

The copy didn't hold up as well as the original one did

The Ark may have been constructed to withstand 40 days and 40 nights of flooding, but Northern Kentucky’s Ark Encounter property did not fare as well as Noah’s original construction when rains hit the area.

Court documents filed in District Court show that the owners of the Ark Encounter in Northern Kentucky have filed a suit against their insurance company after flood and storm damage.

Crosswater Canyon Inc. alongside the Ark Encounter, have filed suit against multiple defendants who comprise the business’ insurance underwriters after their property was damaged by heavy rains.

According to the suit, heavy rains caused a landslide and some structural support damage near the Ark exhibit.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 36

I do believe that’s the kind of thing insurance companies refer to as an act of god...

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I do believe that’s the kind of thing insurance companies refer to as an act of god...

That would be so delicious if their insurance company winds up not having to pay because of said act of God.  I'd love to see the opinion once this all shakes out.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

This is just perfection. Someone in the insurance company must’ve peed themselves laughing about this...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I busted out laughing when I read that article earlier.  Even thinking about it makes me giggle.  When I first read the headline, I had a brief moment of wondering who they were suing - God?  I'm sure that would have worked out really well for them...

• Upvote 17

Yesterday our church board had a conference call with our new minister, and this was the first topic that came up!

• Upvote 9

I've got nothing. This is one of those times when snark simply writes itself better than the best of us FJers (and believe you me, this corner of the Interwebz has some mighty and powerful snark). All citizens are instructed to stay home, keep the popcorn and prosecco going, sit back and enjoy the show.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Hane said:

Yesterday our church board had a conference call with our new minister, and this was the first topic that came up!

Please share the sentiments!

Nelson's "HAHA!" is exactly what I first thought!  Just.....Hahahaha!

???????????????

The best, just the best! That's rich. The Ark got flooded. And, please help insurance companies. As God did nothing.  Oh, my belleh hurts from laughing so much. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1