IGNORED

Trump 41: Waiting For My Impeachment

GreyhoundFan

She tried wearing one of those coat/cape thingies to hide her hand behind, but that didn't help, so she had to pull away her hand to fiddle with her hair. After that, she keeps her hand held high, as if she's carrying an invisible bag. 

Warning: BEC comment ahead.

Why is she wearing a flight attendant's uniform? Were they role playing on board Air Force One?

---------

Her Majesty is a first class troll.

Queen Elizabeth gives Trump a first edition of Churchill's 'The Second World War'

Queen Elizabeth II gave President Trump an abridged first edition of Winston Churchill's "The Second World War" after the president arrived for his first state visit in the United Kingdom on Monday.

CNN reported that the book was presented in a crimson and gold-tooled cover and featured hand-sewn headbands in the colors of the United States and United Kingdom flags.

Churchill wrote the books following World War II based on his own notes and diaries. His accounting spans multiple volumes, though the abridged version presented to Trump is a single volume.

While Trump has expressed admiration for Churchill, he has in the past indicated that he does not read much because he does not have time.

CNN reported that the queen also gave Trump a three-piece pen set in a presentation box. First lady Melania Trump received a silver box that featured rose, thistle and shamrock images similar to the ceiling pattern in Buckingham Palace's music room.

Trump and the first lady met with the queen and other members of the royal family shortly after arriving in the United Kingdom for a state visit.

The president caused a stir leading up to his arrival by criticizing London Mayor Sadiq Khan, denying he called the duchess of Sussex "nasty" and weighing in on Brexit negotiations and the election of the next prime minister.

Thousands of demonstrators are expected to turn out in protest of his visit.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

It seems the extremely stable genius' memory is not up to par.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

Love the parody Borowitz Report:

• Haha 9

"Why Donald Trump can’t watch Fox News in Britain"

Spoiler

As he arrived in Britain for a state visit on Monday, President Trump took to Twitter to express his concern about the options for American news networks in the country.

The president did not make clear what American news outlets he would favor in Britain over CNN, which offers an international version around the world.

However, Trump is known to be an avid viewer of one network in particular: Fox News.

The president regularly tweets about news he has seen on the right-leaning network, and he is an active participant on the network. According to data compiled by The Washington Post earlier this year, roughly one-third of all interview time that Trump has given to members of the media since taking office were granted to Fox News or its sister network, Fox Business Network.

Why can’t the American president watch a “Fox News International” in Britain, as he could with CNN? The problem appears to be relatively simple: British viewers have rejected it.

Just two years ago, it was possible to watch Fox News in Britain. However, in August 2017, the network was abruptly pulled off the air. A statement released by its parent company at the time pinned the blame on low ratings.

“It averages only a few thousand viewers across the day,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement provided to CNN. The company noted that this was largely because the network’s programming was aimed at American audiences.

“We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.," the statement said.

The channel aired in Britain for more than a decade and was offered by Sky Limited, a British media conglomerate that at the time was partially owned by Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox.

Although figures released by the Broadcaster’s Audience Research Board (BARB) suggested that Fox News’s average daily viewers in Britain were almost 60,000, a company source told the BBC that they were in fact closer to 2,000.

The decision to pull out of Britain came amid scrutiny of Fox News from Britain’s telecommunications regulator, the Office of Communications. The regulator, widely known as Ofcom, had criticized the television network for a number of breaches, including airing pro-Brexit views on the day of the June 2016 referendum on leaving the European Union and allowing a commentator to suggest that Britain’s second-largest city was “totally Muslim.”

Months after the channel was taken off the air in Britain, Ofcom said in a statement that the channel had broken broadcasting rules about impartiality by being largely pro-Trump and not offering alternative viewpoints.

At the time it stopped broadcasting, 21st Century Fox had offered a bid of 11.7 billion pounds, roughly $14.8 billion at current exchange rates, to buy the remaining 61 percent of Sky that it did not already own.

Critics of the merger said the deal would give Murdoch too much control of British media. Some suggested that the decision to drop Fox News was linked, an idea the company itself denied.

After a lengthy battle with British regulators, Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox was ultimately outbid in its pursuit of Sky and ended up selling its own stake in the company to another U.S. firm, Comcast.

In an earnings call in April, Comcast chief executive Brian L. Roberts said the company was considering launching a global NBC-Sky news channel this year.

Boo-fucking-hoo He can't watch Shamity live. He needs to get over it.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Why Donald Trump can’t watch Fox News in Britain"

Reveal hidden contents

As he arrived in Britain for a state visit on Monday, President Trump took to Twitter to express his concern about the options for American news networks in the country.

The president did not make clear what American news outlets he would favor in Britain over CNN, which offers an international version around the world.

However, Trump is known to be an avid viewer of one network in particular: Fox News.

The president regularly tweets about news he has seen on the right-leaning network, and he is an active participant on the network. According to data compiled by The Washington Post earlier this year, roughly one-third of all interview time that Trump has given to members of the media since taking office were granted to Fox News or its sister network, Fox Business Network.

Why can’t the American president watch a “Fox News International” in Britain, as he could with CNN? The problem appears to be relatively simple: British viewers have rejected it.

Just two years ago, it was possible to watch Fox News in Britain. However, in August 2017, the network was abruptly pulled off the air. A statement released by its parent company at the time pinned the blame on low ratings.

“It averages only a few thousand viewers across the day,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement provided to CNN. The company noted that this was largely because the network’s programming was aimed at American audiences.

“We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.," the statement said.

The channel aired in Britain for more than a decade and was offered by Sky Limited, a British media conglomerate that at the time was partially owned by Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox.

Although figures released by the Broadcaster’s Audience Research Board (BARB) suggested that Fox News’s average daily viewers in Britain were almost 60,000, a company source told the BBC that they were in fact closer to 2,000.

The decision to pull out of Britain came amid scrutiny of Fox News from Britain’s telecommunications regulator, the Office of Communications. The regulator, widely known as Ofcom, had criticized the television network for a number of breaches, including airing pro-Brexit views on the day of the June 2016 referendum on leaving the European Union and allowing a commentator to suggest that Britain’s second-largest city was “totally Muslim.”

Months after the channel was taken off the air in Britain, Ofcom said in a statement that the channel had broken broadcasting rules about impartiality by being largely pro-Trump and not offering alternative viewpoints.

At the time it stopped broadcasting, 21st Century Fox had offered a bid of 11.7 billion pounds, roughly $14.8 billion at current exchange rates, to buy the remaining 61 percent of Sky that it did not already own.

Critics of the merger said the deal would give Murdoch too much control of British media. Some suggested that the decision to drop Fox News was linked, an idea the company itself denied.

After a lengthy battle with British regulators, Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox was ultimately outbid in its pursuit of Sky and ended up selling its own stake in the company to another U.S. firm, Comcast.

In an earnings call in April, Comcast chief executive Brian L. Roberts said the company was considering launching a global NBC-Sky news channel this year.

Boo-fucking-hoo He can't watch Shamity live. He needs to get over it.

How will he know what's going on in the world if he can't watch Fox News???

• I Agree 3

Whoah. Ok, I take my earlier comment back. Not a body double, and he most certainly did not get a (good) hair transplant. 

• Upvote 4

Let the leadership just waft over you: "Trump urges customers to drop AT&T to punish CNN over its coverage of him"

Spoiler

President Trump raised a familiar complaint — “unfair” coverage by CNN — in a pair of Monday morning tweets. But this time he took the unusual step of calling on supporters to boycott the cable news network’s corporate parent, AT&T, to drive his point home.

“I believe that if people stoped [sic] using or subscribing to AT&T, they would be forced to make big changes at CNN, which is dying in the ratings anyway,” Trump tweeted. “It is so unfair with such bad, Fake News!”

image.png.ff41f62f8b1649793a51dc4a9142578f.png

The president has repeatedly taken aim at the news network, which he routinely derides as “fake news,” and many of its on-air personalities over their coverage of him and his administration. Trump was vocal in his opposition to AT&T’s $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner — “too much concentration of power in the hands of too few, he has said. But critics contend his position is intrinsically linked to his ire at CNN.

The Justice Department sued to try to block the deal on the grounds it violated antitrust laws, but a federal appeals court upheld the merger in late February, giving the entertainment giant WarnerMedia extensive power over a wide array of television, film and video game properties. House Democrats have since demanded access to documents pertaining to the administration’s handling of the deal, which the White House has so far refused to provide.

AT&T and CNN declined to comment on Trump’s tweets.

Last spring, the New Yorker reported that Trump had asked the director of the National Economic Council to persuade the Justice Department to block the combination. Gary Cohn, who held the job at the time, reportedly refused.

Former Justice Department antitrust official Gene Kimmelman said Trump’s tweets raise questions about whether the White House is letting the president’s views of news organizations affect how the administration handles enforcement and regulatory matters.

“For the president to try to tilt the marketplace in favor of one outlet or another is dangerous to our democracy and the marketplace of ideas,” said Kimmelman, now president of Public Knowledge, a Washington-based consumer advocacy group.

Many presidents have expressed frustration and even anger over news coverage of their administrations, but Trump has taken the issue to an unusual extent in calling on supporters to wield their collective economic power against CNN’s parent company, historians say.

“He wants to sanction — and he wants the public more importantly to sanction — news organizations that produce news coverage that he doesn’t like,” said Timothy Naftali, a New York University historian and a CNN contributor. “The frequency and intensity of it is unusual.”

Historian Jon Meacham, who has written biographies of several presidents, agreed, saying, “For a president to call for punitive action against a corporation in an effort to shape news coverage is, to say the least, highly unusual. It’s the kind of behavior more commonly associated with authoritarian regimes, not democratic ones.”

Trump has often used Twitter to call out or berate companies that clash with his agenda. He’s threatened Ford and General Motors for not moving all auto production to the United States, and argued that Amazon should be paying higher postage rates — a move many interpreted as a swipe at the tech giant’s founder and chief executive, Jeff Bezos, who also owns The Washington Post.

In June 2018, Trump criticized Harley-Davidson after the motorcycle maker announced it would shift some production overseas because of the administration’s trade policy. The company estimated at the time that Trump’s steel and aluminum tariffs would cost it $20 million, and that retaliatory tariffs could tack on an additional $45 million. Though the company said the move had no effect on U.S. jobs, some Harley owners vowed to boycott, and Trump Trump tweeted his approval: “Many @harleydavidson owners plan to boycott the company if manufacturing moves overseas. Great! Most other companies are coming in our direction, including Harley competitors. A really bad move! U.S. will soon have a level playing field, or better.”

Sales dropped 13 percent in the next three months, the worst decline for the company since 2010.

image.png.c30da0ef721cf45f560a618862452a0b.png

Monday’s tweets were among a stream of complaints and criticisms Trump posted Monday on Twitter, just before arriving in London for a state visit. He lashed out at the city’s mayor, Sadiq Khan, who said the United Kingdom was wrong to “roll out the red carpet” for Trump’s visit. The president misspelled Khan’s name, called him a “stone cold loser” and compared him to New York mayor Bill de Blasio. He also weighed in on the U.S.-China trade war, claiming that “many firms are leaving China for other countries, including the United States, to avoid paying the tariffs.”

Trump sparked debate in Britain last week after he called past comments by Meghan Markle, the wife of Prince Harry, “nasty.” During the 2016 election campaign, she’d accused Trump of being “misogynistic” and “divisive.”

Trump lashed out at CNN on Sunday as he denied making the “nasty” reference, despite a recording that proved otherwise.

image.png.9a0fb1c43bd5d547ae574650da768b2a.png

• WTF 4

He is such an embarassment. He doesn’t even have the courtesy to pay attention when his host is speaking to him.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2

I mean, can you blame her? I wouldn’t want to have him under my roof either, no matter how big my house was.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

Can you imagine Dumpy actually taking responsibility for anything, let alone something as huge as D-Day?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I do hope he noticed. 

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Good question. Their presence at an official state visit has no merit or function. But their expenses and their security all all being paid for with taxpayer money.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

Okay, I know it's BEC, but what the hell is up with those dresses? Ivanka looks like she's wearing a blue oxford shirt dress. Lara should lose the sash. And, I have absolutely no room to talk, but that dress makes Tiffany look huge, which I know she's not. You would think with all the money they've taken from the citizens of the US, they could have afforded more attractive formal wear. Oh, and Udvay and Quesay are vying for who is going to play Lurch in the next incarnation of "The Addams Family". Jared looks almost human.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Given that she, her husband, her uncles, her children, her grandchildren, her father and most of her family in fact have a strong tradition of military and other forms of service I cannot see her looking favourably on Trump. And that's before his appalling 'leadership' of his country. QE2 served during WW2, remembers the impact it had on her country and her family, and to have this pathetically ignorant, hugely partisan, lying, service-avoiding blowhard around must be incredibly galling. I'd love to see what she says about him behind closed doors...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Whoah. Ok, I take my earlier comment back. Not a body double, and he most certainly did not get a (good) hair transplant. 

Bizarro world.  

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He is such an embarassment. He doesn’t even have the courtesy to pay attention when his host is speaking to him.

Yeah I heard about Trumpy McFuckFace falling asleep

There is literally no presidential situation that Donald Trump can’t screw up. It is especially ironic that the president fell asleep on the Queen after he claimed that Hillary Clinton was “too low energy” to be president, and he spends half of his time on Twitter trying to make “Sleepy” Joe Biden a thing.

Trump is the low energy president who doesn’t start work before 11 AM and requires lots of “executive time” where he tweets, watches TV and talks to his friends. The latest leak of his private schedule revealed a president who spends most of his time doing nothing.

Donald Trump is so low energy that he can’t even stay awake in front of the Queen of England.

The British government has rolled out the red carpet for Trump, and the president embarrasses his country by not being able to stay awake while the Queen is speaking.

I never want to hear some fuckhead Branch Trumpvidian claiming Mrs. Clinton or any other Democrat is "low energy" ever again. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

The crowd-size at his inauguration seems positively huge in comparison.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

As he so often does, Jack Ohman has a a great pithy comeback to the tangerine toddler:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

In the past, when I didn't respect a particular president (looking at you, "W"), I still respected the office. The mango moron makes it hard to remember that. The next president will have a monumental task to reclaim public respect for the office.

• Love 8

A good snarky op-ed from Dana Milbank: "Americans must accept that none of these things ever happened"

Spoiler

Oh no, he didn’t.

I believe President Trump when he says “I never called Meghan Markle ‘nasty.’ ” I believe him even though Britain’s Sun newspaper published an interview with Trump the day before in which he referred to the Duchess of Sussex with that very word — and even though the Sun has a recording.

Likewise, I believed Trump when he visited Britain last year and said “I didn’t criticize the prime minister” – even though the Sun also had a recorded interview of him that time, criticizing Prime Minister Theresa May.

And I am fully prepared to believe Trump tomorrow if he says “I never called Sadiq Khan a ‘stone cold loser’ ” — even though Trump, landing in Britain on Monday, called the London mayor just that in a tweet that misspelled Khan’s name and also mocked him for being short.

I believe all this and more because the alternative is unthinkable: that our great nation inflicted on the world a president who is, well, a stone cold loser, boorish and ignorant.

Therefore I plan to do as Trump does: live today as if yesterday never happened. But it’s not enough to imagine away this week’s name-calling. To preserve national dignity, Americans must accept that none of the following ever happened:

Trump did not shove the prime minister of Montenegro and he didn’t declare that he “fell in love” with the dictator of North Korea. He didn’t hang up on the Australian prime minister, nor attack the pope on Twitter. He didn’t use a phony accent to imitate the Indian prime minister, nor make fun of Chinese leaders’ eyewear. He didn’t refer to African nations and Haiti as “shithole countries.”

At no time did Trump confuse the Baltics with the Balkans. Never did he tastelessly comment on the French first lady’s body. He certainly did not invent the country of “Nambia,” nor did he boast about selling Norway a fighter jet that only exists in a computer game. He didn’t mispronounce Nepal as “nipple.”

Under no circumstance did Trump assert that “there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea,” nor did he believe North Korea’s dictator over Japan’s prime minister. He most definitely did not land in Israel and announce: “We just got back from the Middle East.” He didn’t skip a visit to a U.S. military cemetery in France because of a little rain. He didn’t accept Vladimir Putin’s word over that of U.S. intelligence, and when told “do not congratulate” Putin on his rigged election victory, he did not congratulate.

He didn’t refer to Brussels as a “hellhole” nor assert that “Belgium is a beautiful city.” And spelling the British prime minister’s name as that of a British porn actress? Never happened.

His administration didn’t confuse Singapore with Indonesia and China with Taiwan, nor misidentify the Australian prime minister, nor misspell “Denmark.” Not once did Trump vow to “promote the possibility of lasting peach” in the Middle East.

Trump simply did not advise the French to dump water on Notre Dame Cathedral from the sky, nor did he claim that Finland avoids fires by “raking” forests. He didn’t fabricate trade figures in talks with the Canadian prime minister. Neither did he falsely accuse South Africa of “large scale killing” of farmers, nor volunteer any thoughts, ever, on “what happened last night in Sweden.”

Trump, furthermore, did not sign the guest book at Israel’s Holocaust memorial with the words “so amazing.” He didn’t pull his name from a Group of Seven communique. He didn’t take a limousine and a golf cart instead of walking with other world leaders at summits. He didn’t struggle with a group handholding exercise in Manila, his knuckles didn’t whiten in the grip of Emmanuel Macron, and Melania Trump did not swat his hand away on the tarmac in Tel Aviv.

Furthermore, Trump did not reveal secret Israeli intelligence to Russia. He didn’t accuse Germany of being “totally controlled by Russia.” He didn’t taunt the French over street protests, attack the idea of NATO, use an all-caps tweet to threaten Iran with annihilation, hail “fantastic” strongmen nor pine for the reign of Moammar Gaddafi.

Fortunately, it has all been a misunderstanding. For if an American president had actually done even a fraction of the above, it would be an indelible national disgrace.

• Upvote 13

He really is a mango moron, @GreyhoundFan! Even when May explains what NHS is, he still doesn't understand.

And if he does understand, and for him privatization of the NHS is also on the table to be part of the trade deal (with big Pharma taking over, I suppose) then he's still a mango moron.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

His entourage of 1,000+ people. I guess he needs a crowd in whatever way he can get it.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Good question. Their presence at an official state visit has no merit or function. But their expenses and their security all all being paid for with taxpayer money.

Why isn't Ivanka weaing over-the-elbow gloves, like Tiffany and Lara? And I guess Kimberly Guilfoyle wasn't invited, since she's not an official Trump.

Edited by JMarie
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 1

If there was any doubt that Orange Toxic Megacolon is one sick fuck

Wolff claims that when John McCain made his tumor diagnosis public in July 2017 Trump said, “You see? You see what can happen?” He would then “mime an exploding head,” Wolff claims.

As McCain got sicker, Trump complained that he was not a “good enough sport” to quit his Senate seat and let one of Trump’s allies take it over. He also saw John McCain’s deadly brain tumor as a twisted kind of “personal validation.”

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic