IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

Newsflash, Braggie - the reason your kids are "ok with being in pics" is that you never gave them a choice.  Since birth.  When they are young adults and realize their entire childhood is on the internet, they might feel differently.  But you took that choice away from them because narcissism.  

And you can say "I really, really like my kids" all you want.  Anyone with half a brain who can read between the lines knows better.  

Oh, and when you talked about kind speech, you forgot the part about squirting ACV in their mouths if they choose otherwise.

Edited by danvillebelle
riffles
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Newsflash, Braggie - the reason your kids are "ok with being in pics" is that you never gave them a choice.  Since birth.  When they are young adults and realize their entire childhood is on the internet, they might feel differently.  But you took that choice away from them because narcissism.  

And you can say "I really, really like my kids" all you want.  Anyone with half a brain who can read between the lines knows better.  

Oh, and when you talked about kind speech, you forgot the part about squirting ACV in their mouths if they choose otherwise.

The kids realize at a young age that if they pose and smile for mama, they will get attention and praise. Those kids always seem starved for attention and praise from her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well I don’t even think I’ve ever used her last name on here because I don’t care. But she puts an insane about of info on Instagram and her blog so it wouldn’t be hard at all to find their last name. That’s what happens when you post every little detail of your life (except your last name) on social media.

It took me a minute to find their last name and current address. If it were me, I'd be a little concerned if some random people on the internet could easily find my children's full names, appearances, address, and routines. 

I remember when I was in middle school and myspace was becoming a thing my mom insisted on highest privacy settings, no mention of home town, and no pictures of our house or my school. The amount of information the people we follow post about their kids is so backwards to me.

• Upvote 7

On names, yes the pool of names used for Western culture used to be so much smaller. This is seen in popularity of names, a name on the top 10 most popular for the year name will count for far less actual children given that name in that year, then even a few decades ago. That is why more nicknames were used.

On twins, we had a set in our high school, that were often seen as interchangeable by a lot of people, they were similar in how they dressed and were identical, they were seen as a set. Sadly, this was made things all the worse when one twin died in their late teens. The effect was so much worse as no one had ever worked at creating two people, that we ever saw, teachers, their parents, friends, it was always, basically "the Smith Twins" , they were "The Twins", last I heard the surviving twin had a lot bigger struggles because, they lost a part of themselves, their identity and a sibling. It was a lit to fit out of, verses if they just lost a sibling. It made me really think if I had twins how different I would raise them. Though not an issue in the end.

• Sad 11

18 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

On names, yes the pool of names used for Western culture used to be so much smaller. This is seen in popularity of names, a name on the top 10 most popular for the year name will count for far less actual children given that name in that year, then even a few decades ago. That is why more nicknames were used.

On twins, we had a set in our high school, that were often seen as interchangeable by a lot of people, they were similar in how they dressed and were identical, they were seen as a set. Sadly, this was made things all the worse when one twin died in their late teens. The effect was so much worse as no one had ever worked at creating two people, that we ever saw, teachers, their parents, friends, it was always, basically "the Smith Twins" , they were "The Twins", last I heard the surviving twin had a lot bigger struggles because, they lost a part of themselves, their identity and a sibling. It was a lit to fit out of, verses if they just lost a sibling. It made me really think if I had twins how different I would raise them. Though not an issue in the end.

The twins in my extended family that were treated like a set didn’t ever form much of a life outside the other. And when one twin died first, it was extremely difficult for the other. She still talked to her all the time, even though she knew she wasn’t there. She wasn’t delusional, it was just a lifelong habit. 

• Sad 9

I could maybe see dressing twins the same for a funny photo, but not all the time. Erika Shupe used to dress her twins the same, or maybe one twin had a pink dress and the other a purple one, but they’d be similar otherwise. I found an old photo on Google images of when they’d be nearly-but-not-quite matching. And, of course, they still have the same hairdo, except one girl’s fringe is more over her forehead than the other’s, although I think that’s just how the hair went, one twin’s fringe looks more swept to the side. You wouldn’t have an instance where one of them was in a dress + leggings and the other was in a t-shirt, skirt and leggings. No idea what it’s like these days. 

99787BB6-AAE2-4FC4-B643-D4D271C6CA76.jpeg.0bf08ae1869d0c0c4095a2dc874d7522.jpeg

• Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I could maybe see dressing twins the same for a funny photo, but not all the time. Erika Shupe used to dress her twins the same, or maybe one twin had a pink dress and the other a purple one, but they’d be similar otherwise. I found an old photo on Google images of when they’d be nearly-but-not-quite matching. And, of course, they still have the same hairdo, except one girl’s fringe is more over her forehead than the other’s, although I think that’s just how the hair went, one twin’s fringe looks more swept to the side. You wouldn’t have an instance where one of them was in a dress + leggings and the other was in a t-shirt, skirt and leggings. No idea what it’s like these days. 

99787BB6-AAE2-4FC4-B643-D4D271C6CA76.jpeg.0bf08ae1869d0c0c4095a2dc874d7522.jpeg

Here’s a recent photo. It looks like they still match:

2BC703E0-DE20-4AE6-8BDE-75629FEB9734.jpeg

• Thank You 7

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Not surprised. Where did you find the photo? 

It’s from Bob Shupe’s instagram. It’s not private so you can go take a look. He posts a lot of anti-liberal crap but he also posts some family pictures. And in most of the pictures of the twins (but not all), they are matching. 

• Thank You 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s a recent photo. It looks like they still match:

Looks like they are in the same color but there are some differences - thank goodness! The one on the left appears to have a graphic on the shirt and there is a layered ruffle on the sleeve. The one on the right is in a more plain tshirt. And their hair is different too (front pulled back vs all down). I'm glad to see that there are some differences. Hope the family is doing well with all the changes to a more "normal" situation.

• Upvote 2

I can’t find the Instagram, but maybe that’s just as well. Melanie was similar with regards to posting anti-liberal stuff on Facebook when she had it. 

• Upvote 2

I have a public Instagram because I’m an author and use it to try to connect with the reading community, there’s no way I can manage multiple separate social media accounts so I don’t have a private personal one. My Instagram is a mix of pictures of books, my cats, pretty landscapes, fountain pens and the occasional selfie. I have posted pictures with my kids in them a handful of times, but never with faces visible to the camera, never mentioned their names, and my account is with a pen name so they couldn’t be found by searching via surname either. Most of the reason I actually use a pen name is to protect my kids’ privacy in a world that already lacks it. I just can’t imagine being like Abbie and posting photo after photo of my children’s faces in front of their home and naming them in the description.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Abbie is on vacation yet again but this time without her kids. Her and Shaun (and Shiloh) are in Charlotte, NC celebrating her 37th birthday. She decides that this is the perfect time to do a 12 minute video about...her hair. Why?? Why would anyone take time out of their vacation for something this stupid? I couldn't get past the first minute where Abbie once again proves she is the human equivalent of a walking yawn. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is on vacation yet again but this time without her kids. Her and Shaun (and Shiloh) are in Charlotte, NC celebrating her 37th birthday. She decides that this is the perfect time to do a 12 minute video about...her hair. Why?? Why would anyone take time out of their vacation for something this stupid? I couldn't get past the first minute where Abbie once again proves she is the human equivalent of a walking yawn. 

She’s like so many other FJ fundies that never want to be home. But the other fundies take the majority of their kids with them. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Did you hear me say, “Oh shut up?” Because as soon as she started talking about her hair, and filming in yet another bathroom, that is exactly what I screamed before I clicked it off. Yes, AH drives me to act like an 8 YO. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I find it curious that she has no East Texas accent, considering she's lived here her entire life (hasn't she?).  I've been here nearly 15 years and I have one a lot of the time, despite my best efforts to suppress it.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I find it curious that she has no East Texas accent, considering she's lived here her entire life (hasn't she?).  I've been here nearly 15 years and I have one a lot of the time, despite my best efforts to suppress it.  

She probably covers it up. I cover up my accent most of the time. When I went to college, a girl from my hometown left a message on our voicemail and my roommate was like, “omg she sounds so country! Why don’t you sound like that?” Although sometimes it does slip out. Depending on who I’m talking to and what I’m talking about. 

• Upvote 2

@danvillebelle, please don’t suppress that accent! It’s part of who you are! 

(When I started kindergarten here in Connecticut, my teacher called my mother intending to suggest I go to speech therapy, but on hearing my mom’s voice, said, “Never mind—she doesn’t need speech therapy; she just has a New York accent!”)

• Love 5

I don't try to cover it as much as I used to, to be honest.  But yeah, sometimes I catch myself getting twangy and tone it down.

I have a life history of covering up accents and blending them to fit in where I was (part of which was due to my lifelong social anxiety, I'm sure).  We moved from NYC to TN when I was a little girl and I was teased mercilessly for the first couple of months of school.  

Braggie's lack of one just surprised me the first time I heard her, because I've met a LOT of people who have lived here all their lives and 99.9% of them sound the same.  Considering what we know of her, my guess is she's purposefully covering it to try to sound more generic and appeal to a wider audience on IG.

• Upvote 3

I know I pick on AH. She really bothers me. And that voice? I just can’t...it’s like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bea said:

What is it with her and bathrooms? Presumably she had an ENTIRE HOTEL ROOM to film in.

Maybe she has IBS. 

I’m kidding. I have IBS type symptoms but I don’t spend all my time in the bathroom. She likely prefers bathrooms for the lighting and large mirrors.

• Upvote 2

Maybe she has IBS. 
I’m kidding. I have IBS type symptoms but I don’t spend all my time in the bathroom. She likely prefers bathrooms for the lighting and large mirrors.

I’m going through chemo, spend half my time in the bathroom and yet it never occurred to me to post pictures from it.
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, bea said:

I’m going through chemo, spend half my time in the bathroom and yet it never occurred to me to post pictures from it.

That’s because you aren’t a narcissist! ;)

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, bea said:

I'm sorry you're going through that. I've spent the last 6 weeks in IBS hell and can somewhat commiserate. I'm finally turning a corner but I've had to cut out so many foods. No pre-packaged or processed foods, no meat, no dairy, no peppers of any kind, and no caffeine. I'm basically a vegetarian at this point and all I want is a hamburger.

About the vid. Before I tuned out, Abbie said that she was taking advantage of the clean hotel bathroom because the kids make such a mess at home or some kind of nonsense like that. She's so boring that it's actually hard for me to pay attention.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic