IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

17 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I bet you $100 she physically couldn't live without checking her Instagram for 24 hours.  She'd have a complete breakdown.

I bet you $1,000 she couldn’t go 24 hours without taking a heavily filtered picture. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie mentions the most ridiculous thing she’s ever been ridiculed for and uses it to show how superior she is. Hey Braggie, why don’t you talk about the the many criticisms about how you force your oldest to parent your children? Oh no. You just pick the silliest ones to combat. Because that’s how you roll. 

Twice this week I've asked why Shaun can't parent the children and *viola!* he appears front and center. Since Abbie is reading here I would ask if she has taken time to reflect on some of the comments about her attitude or narcissism? I'm guessing no. Instead she focuses on what was probably a joke.

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I do care that she's irresponsibly breeding a dog

Abbie irresponsibly breeds herself, why would a dog be any different? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Twice this week I've asked why Shaun can't parent the children and *viola!* he appears front and center

Now to see if he can parent while both Abbie and the older two are out...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I doubt it. Braggie can barely handle the youngest 6 by herself. I think Shaun takes the older boys to soccer or other things like that because there’s no way he could handle the youngest 6 by himself. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I think Shaun would struggle to give the name, birth date, and current age of his children in order. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I think Shaun would struggle to give the name, birth date, and current age of his children in order. 

I was gonna say I think that's a little harsh, but then I remembered the time Kelly Jo Bates couldn't name her children in order, so maybe not.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I've said this before, but I think it's a definite possibly:  Just because Shaun fathered 8 children, doesn't mean he wants to be a father to 8 children.

I know a very fundie man whose wife kept on "accidentally" getting pregnant, even though she told him she was using bc.  After #7 (the 3rd "oops"), he got a vasectomy without telling her before hand.

He told me while he dearly loved all of his children, he should have done it after #4. Before the chaos of 7 children and finances stretched mighty thin. His wife never worked -- not from Day 1 of their marriage.

His oldest child was a sister mom. Graduated high school and college early (lived at home of course). and then from 20 onward lived at home, worked full time, contributed her whole salary to the household, and continued helping raise her 6 siblings.  She escaped at 33 when the youngest was 18. 

Interestingly only 2 of his children (daughters) are married, and he has only 1 grandchild.

• Sad 13

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I was gonna say I think that's a little harsh, but then I remembered the time Kelly Jo Bates couldn't name her children in order, so maybe not.

I'm pretty sure there is (or was) a video of Jilly (Rod) Dearest presenting Child #1, Child #2, etc and not using their names (while Amy or Angie said their names in the background).

• Upvote 4

Didn’t Michelle Duggar struggle to describe her kids during one segment of their show?(Not exactly the same as name/age/birthday, but similar).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Didn’t Michelle Duggar struggle to describe her kids during one segment of their show?(Not exactly the same as name/age/birthday, but similar).

Yeah I wanna say it was in the second or third special they did before the show started. She had good descriptions for the older ones, but by the time she got down to the howlers they devolved into things like "he um... likes to run a lot"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

OMG that IG story today. What sort of gibberish was AH speaking, and were they in a restaurant? If so, I hope she got off her ass and helped to clean up that mess, and why weren’t her kids sitting down?  I hate entitled folks. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

OMG that IG story today. What sort of gibberish was AH speaking, and were they in a restaurant? If so, I hope she got off her ass and helped to clean up that mess, and why weren’t her kids sitting down?  I hate entitled folks. 

I would hate to sit near them at a restaurant. The kids were just acting like kids but a family with 8 kids is going to be loud and obnoxious. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would hate to sit near them at a restaurant. The kids were just acting like kids but a family with 8 kids is going to be loud and obnoxious. 

I hope they tip really well! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hope they tip really well! 

I have a gut feeling that they probably don't tip well, but that they think they leave a GREAT tip.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

There's a reason most of us stopped reproducing at some point. I'd like to think it was responsibility, knowing that we couldn't handle more than X number of kids for whatever reason. Abbie, on the other hand, is not well-suited for motherhood and has bred more children than she can reasonably deal with. I've known women with 8, 10, 12 kids (heavily Catholic midwest) yet they were quite well suited to have that size brood. The children were spread out a bit, all went to school (Catholic elementary at least, public high school). None of them were "parents" to the younger kids, were reasonably well-behaved, and the moms were never frazzled or as high strung as Abbie seems to be. Their houses were not showplaces. To the best of my knowledge, all those kids had choices about college (3 boys from one family ended up taking over their father's business). 

There were a couple of whack jobs (fundamentalist Catholics) who ended up homeschooling but they ended up being the ones who had the most trouble with their kids...fundamentalist anything is BAD. One family...oldest went off to college and had an absolute blast. Second went to college on the west coast and has yet to return to her hometown (she's about #2 son's age now) and #3 and only son was pushed towards the priesthood, took off and joined the military. The parents were NOT pleased...I spoke with the mom not long ago and she was JEALOUS AF that my kids, the little heathens they are, are still attached to mom. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It reminds me of the time when we were traveling and had stopped for breakfast. We were seated next to a family with 7 kids who were seated at 2 separate tables near us. One of the older boys opened the ketchup bottle and licked it...the parents sat quietly by at their table with the youngest 2 kids. 

• Disgust 6

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It reminds me of the time when we were traveling and had stopped for breakfast. We were seated next to a family with 7 kids who were seated at 2 separate tables near us. One of the older boys opened the ketchup bottle and licked it...the parents sat quietly by at their table with the youngest 2 kids. 

Omg! Lol that is disgusting and hilarious at the same time! 

I am not against large families. But I guarantee Braggie’s large family is a pain in the ass at restaurants. In her little clip, the table was a huge mess (thankfully Shaun was cleaning up), one child pushed another, and another child was silly dancing. This is all very typical kid behavior. But I imagine all that at once is a pain for the waitstaff and other customers. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg! Lol that is disgusting and hilarious at the same time! 

I am not against large families. But I guarantee Braggie’s large family is a pain in the ass at restaurants. In her little clip, the table was a huge mess (thankfully Shaun was cleaning up), one child pushed another, and another child was silly dancing. This is all very typical kid behavior. But I imagine all that at once is a pain for the waitstaff and other customers. 

My mom and I were having breakfast at a diner recently and a large group with lots of kids were seated after us. The kids started playing tag between the tables and not one adult asked them to stop. We asked to be reseated and the parents had the audacity to look offended. I could care less about how many kids someone else has until I have to suffer the consequences of poor parenting due to sheer numbers, then I'll judge the hell out you for that.

I knew better than to have more than one kid at 16. If a dumbass teenager can figure out what acceptable limits are, an adult can do the same. In Abbie's case, having babies for jesus is not a valid reason if you can't be bothered to teach them basic manners in a public setting. And to be totally transparent, I have to say that poor table manners are a special pet peeve of mine. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

My mom and I were having breakfast at a diner recently and a large group with lots of kids were seated after us. The kids started playing tag between the tables and not one adult asked them to stop. We asked to be reseated and the parents had the audacity to look offended. I could care less about how many kids someone else has until I have to suffer the consequences of poor parenting due to sheer numbers, then I'll judge the hell out you for that.

I knew better than to have more than one kid at 16. If a dumbass teenager can figure out what acceptable limits are, an adult can do the same. In Abbie's case, having babies for jesus is not a valid reason if you can't be bothered to teach them basic manners in a public setting. And to be totally transparent, I have to say that poor table manners are a special pet peeve of mine. 

I totally agree. It’s funny because Braggie doesn’t seem to be the only fundie parent of many who is like this with her children in public. JillRod has let her kids act inappropriate in public. And she acts extremely offended when anyone says anything about it. I think Jill learned to tune her kids out a very long time ago. And she likely doesn’t notice when her kids are loud and rambunctious in stores or restaurants. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is what I’m talking about when I refer to entitled. Many parents of oversized broods think that they are special, and because they are special, the world should make special allowances for them. Is a large family of kids harder and louder and at times messier? Yep, but if you choose to birth them,  learn how to properly contain them or stay home. The rest of the world does not revolve around you and your specialness.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Y'all know when I was married to the X we had 5 kids total...he had full custody of his 2 daughters, I brought 2 into the marriage then we had #2 son. Table manners were and are HUGE to me. Anyway, since we ate at the dinner table every night, I had a chance to teach the children how to act. We could take the kids anywhere and they wouldn't raise hell. I can't tell you the number of times someone offered to buy dessert for the children because they were well behaved. We (I) taught them to behave and they did. I didn't want to be "that mom". There was none of this "you're gonna get it when we get home" shit because if they did choose to act up they were removed from the situation immediately. I think it may have happened once or twice with the boys but not more than that. I was tough as hell on them for behavior (public), they were little hellions at home. It stuck, at least with my 3 kids. 

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my kids and how thankful I am for them? Literally they kept me alive the first few weeks after Mr. Xtian died. I wanted to die and had the means to do so but the thought of leaving them kept me from doing so. Yes, they know this too...

• Love 24

Abbie posted a great video!

Jk. It sucks. It's Abbie's day two hair routine. I could only stand about 20 seconds before tuning out.

• Upvote 2

Braggie gave a shout out to Free Jinger in one of her recent Instagram picture posts.

Good. Braggie should be informed of how her behavior is perceived.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

What does she mean when she refers to 'idginess' in regards to her kids behaviour? is it a standard US term? I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean they behave like Idgy from Fried Green Tomatoes but yet.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic