Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Recommended Posts

Georgiana
Posted (edited)

I don't normally read this thread, but I'm going to have to start.  Braggie sounds like a Pinterested Jill Rodrigues. 

What do you do when you birth a child who has social media unfriendly "old man hair"?  That's a tough one, because everyone knows that the appearance of your infant's hair is paramount.  If your infant's hair wont photograph well, you have to buzz it off!  Gotta stay fresh for the gram; no excuses....not even infancy!

Continued from:

Credit to @TuringMachine for the thread title!

Edited by Georgiana
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TuringMachine
43 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I don't normally read this thread, but I'm going to have to start.  Braggie sounds like a Pinterested Jill Rodrigues. 

Yeah that's pretty accurate. 

I think the thread title should have been S is for Shaving Shiloh.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotQuiteMotY

My son was born with very little hair, and what he did have fell out after a few months- but only on top. I probably got way too much amusement out of his "rocking the Patrick Stewart look". I can't imagine buzzing it to get it even, it grows back quickly enough anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Yeah that's pretty accurate. 

I think the thread title should have been S is for Shaving Shiloh.

 

This is far better!  Thank you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TuringMachine
2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Credit to @TuringMachine for the thread title!

Woo I named an FJ thread title! Life goal complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
Posted (edited)

So Abbie has a couple of new posts up on Insta as well as a link to a "day in the life" takeover on a homeschooling page called learning well. In addition to Abbie's homeschool routine, we are treated to a very unenthusiastic Shaun having breakfast with the kids. There's also a few shots of Abbie's mom being a better parent than Abbie but that's not really hard to do. 

 

Btw, the learning well page is a wealth of Abbie type Instamommies trying to outdo each other. 

Edited by SuperNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia

Great thread title! Thank you. 

Braggie posted about motherhood being the only job without a paycheck, [...] and without the opportunity to fire your coworkers. Guess what, Braggie: you make childhood a full-time job and your children  employees work under pretty shitty conditions so you can have your five minutes of fame on IG. They are the ones taking up on all the crap without any chance of switching to another "job" until they become legal adults. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Great thread title! Thank you. 

Braggie posted about motherhood being the only job without a paycheck, [...] and without the opportunity to fire your coworkers. Guess what, Braggie: you make childhood a full-time job and your children  employees work under pretty shitty conditions so you can have your five minutes of fame on IG. They are the ones taking up on all the crap without any chance of switching to another "job" until they become legal adults. 

She said motherhood has been her favorite job. Hasn’t she only had one other job? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hair, Black Dress

2 jobs if you count being a Spanish teacher for a few years and then teaching workout classes.

Motherhood is not her job. Her blog, bargain hunting, instas and tackily over-decorating her house is her job. 

She doesn't mother her children, she gives birth. Just as Shaun doesn't act as a father, he just fathers a child every 2 years and then ignores him/her

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova

Today Abbie posts another shot of her with Honor from the sidelines of a cancelled soccer game. There's been some conversations around here about his neglect so it's good to see her making some time for him. I don't like her any better but at least the little guy is getting some much needed attention, even if it's only for the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Today Abbie posts another shot of her with Honor from the sidelines of a cancelled soccer game. There's been some conversations around here about his neglect so it's good to see her making some time for him. I don't like her any better but at least the little guy is getting some much needed attention, even if it's only for the camera.

Yeah she takes her baby and toddler to sit in the rain to watch a soccer game. Sorry but that’s just one of those times you sit in the van with your infant and toddler while your son plays his soccer game. I know rain isn’t going to kill anyone. But I doubt that baby likes it. Braggie makes everything harder than it has to be just so she can play the mommy martyr. It’s the same with teaching her twins how to play piano. She obviously can afford lessons. She just wants to play the martyr on instagram. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

NO Happy Mother’s Day post from Braggie to celebrate the fact that her mom raises the kids more than Braggie does, homeschools them, has them sleep over for one night a week, and slaves away in Braggie’s front yard?!!?!?

Also, no Braggie doesn’t work besides shopping for eBay deals and posting on Instagram. Braggie gets paid, at most, ~$35 per exercise class and I believe she teaches 3 each week. I believe she does it for the benefits of having access to a free gym alongside with free babysitting. I believe she said it’s also a 1 hour round trip. She teaches a Spanish class as part of the homeschool co-op she puts the kids in and I assume the children attend for free.

Edited by luv2laugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

NO Happy Mother’s Day post from Braggie to celebrate the fact that her mom raises the kids more than Braggie does, homeschools them, has them sleep over for one night a week, and slaves away in Braggie’s front yard?!!?!?

Also, no Braggie doesn’t work besides shopping for eBay deals and posting on Instagram. Braggie gets paid, at most, ~$35 per exercise class and I believe she teaches 3 each week. I believe she does it for the benefits of having access to a free gym alongside with free babysitting. I believe she said it’s also a 1 hour round trip. She teaches a Spanish class as part of the homeschool co-op she puts the kids in and I assume the children attend for free.

That’s because Mother’s Day is all about Braggie, not her own mother. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katilac
10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

 Also, no Braggie doesn’t work besides shopping for eBay deals and posting on Instagram. Braggie gets paid, at most, ~$35 per exercise class and I believe she teaches 3 each week. I believe she does it for the benefits of having access to a free gym alongside with free babysitting. I believe she said it’s also a 1 hour round trip. She teaches a Spanish class as part of the homeschool co-op she puts the kids in and I assume the children attend for free.

Eh, I'd never say somebody doesn't work just because they don't work a lot of hours. I have no idea what she gets paid per exercise class, but free gym and free babysitting are nice benefits. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith

Ok Abbie..... cause you’re just the epitome of modesty.....

E2C38CAE-BF0A-43DE-987E-AE712D8497A3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
10 minutes ago, lilith said:

Ok Abbie..... cause you’re just the epitome of modesty.....

E2C38CAE-BF0A-43DE-987E-AE712D8497A3.jpeg

I will say it’s an adorable picture. But I try not to post pics of my kids and their butts since it might greatly embarrass them one day. I’m not saying I never post anything that could embarrass my kids. But I do think a naked butt probably would. It’s a picture you keep in your photo albums at home. Not on your public instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith
2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say it’s an adorable picture. But I try not to post pics of my kids and their butts since it might greatly embarrass them one day. I’m not saying I never post anything that could embarrass my kids. But I do think a naked butt probably would. It’s a picture you keep in your photo albums at home. Not on your public instagram.

I actually didn’t see the kid in the pic before you pointed it out, I thought she was just being superior after seeing scantily clad young people out and about. I withdraw my snark - the caption makes a lot more sense now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia

Besides the rug ON TOP OF ANOTHER RUG 😵 this is an adorable picture. Nothing I would post on social media, but definitely worth to be put in a family album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Blessings of the Corn

Ok, that picture is adorable, rugs aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PopRox

TF is with funded laying things that don't need to be layered? Braggie puts rugs on top of rugs, JRod puts dresses on top of t-shirts, and Zsu puts carbs and sugar on top of carbs and sugar. Jeez, fundies, take it down a notch or eight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
36 minutes ago, PopRox said:

TF is with funded laying things that don't need to be layered? Braggie puts rugs on top of rugs, JRod puts dresses on top of t-shirts, and Zsu puts carbs and sugar on top of carbs and sugar. Jeez, fundies, take it down a notch or eight.

But that’s what fundamentalist religion is in a nutshell! They can’t be regular Christians. They have to be super special Christians. The type of person who is attracted to fundamentalism and goes in balls deep and stays there, will be extra AF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

We mention Braggie says nothing about her mother on mother’s day so she writes a big birthday post for her about how much she appreciates her. She has to be reading here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia
6 hours ago, PopRox said:

TF is with funded laying things that don't need to be layered? Braggie puts rugs on top of rugs, JRod puts dresses on top of t-shirts, and Zsu puts carbs and sugar on top of carbs and sugar. Jeez, fundies, take it down a notch or eight.

Jesus told them to. Because they are sooo speshul and way holier than all of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee
8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We mention Braggie says nothing about her mother on mother’s day so she writes a big birthday post for her about how much she appreciates her. She has to be reading here. 

But she just couldn’t help herself with a “p.s. I made her favourite food for her” at the end to ensure her mother wasn’t the sole focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We mention Braggie says nothing about her mother on mother’s day so she writes a big birthday post for her about how much she appreciates her. She has to be reading here. 

There was nothing about who her mom is as a person. It was about all the things she's done for Abbie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×