IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Am I the only one wondering who the young lady seated across from Jesse might be?  Can't help thinking something courtship related is happening here, but I've been wrong before.

DSC_5374.jpg

• Upvote 2

New post up highlighting Grandma's Picnic--so many things to snark about, I don't know if I have time this morning.  Feeling a bit irritated that they made themselves at home at the local public elementary school playground when the Maxwells are so anti-public education.  I guess they feel the playground is less tainted than the classroom and they pay taxes and are entitled.   I don't begrudge the Maxwell grands one bit;  the kids had a great time and I hope they continue to enjoy the space.  No doubt Grandma reminded them why they cannot attend class there for fear of losing their souls to the devil.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, petrushka said:

New post up highlighting Grandma's Picnic--so many things to snark about, I don't know if I have time this morning.  Feeling a bit irritated that they made themselves at home at the local public elementary school playground

I had a problem with that also. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, petrushka said:

New post up highlighting Grandma's Picnic--so many things to snark about, I don't know if I have time this morning.  Feeling a bit irritated that they made themselves at home at the local public elementary school playground when the Maxwells are so anti-public education.  I guess they feel the playground is less tainted than the classroom and they pay taxes and are entitled.   I don't begrudge the Maxwell grands one bit;  the kids had a great time and I hope they continue to enjoy the space.  No doubt Grandma reminded them why they cannot attend class there for fear of losing their souls to the devil.

I was thinking the same thing.  Hypocrites.  They used a real church for Abby and Bethany's baptism too.  They also defaced the sidewalk with the hopscotch markings.  Wonder if they wrote out bible verses for the ebil public school kids. You have to be able to walk in order to be eligible to go to the picnic?  Great wording there Griselda Teri.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Poor Abbie, she’s already growing out of these activities and she must cringe when she sees Anna and Mary lined up against the wall eating lunch with the little kids while Teri sits opposite them supervising (and Sarah photographs the occasion) and hope it’s not her future.

And my not particularly coordinated 3 year old plays hopscotch- not perfectly, but she has fun trying. If they can’t play until they meet Teri’s standards and they only get to practice once a year on the scheduled Grandma’s picnic day it can’t be very fun. But I guess that’s the point in Maxhell.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

With 10 grandchildren who can walk and are eligible to participate in the outing

Eligible to participate? Who uses language like that to talk about going out with their grand kids?

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

It’s sad they’ll never know the fun of recess with other kids their age and all that school has to offer. I wonder if the kids look at the school and wonder what it would be like to be able to go? What is with these fundie parents taking away experiences that they got to have? This post just makes me angry. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Eligible to participate? Who uses language like that to talk about going out with their grand kids?

When my kids were young, there were 30 kids on our street.  When we went out, there was always a group that asked where we were going.  The neighborhood kids had radar.  So of course you had to ask them if they wanted to come, because the other parents would do the same thing and take each other's kids out.  My summers were and still are filled with beach days.  I go whenever I can because the ocean calms me.  Although packing everyone's kids in a mini van for a day at the beach was anything but calming.  It was the most nerve wracking experience.  I had to have eyes everywhere because I didn't want anyone's kid to drown on my time.  And then of course they all wanted to eat at the beach stand, so you spend $7,864 on their food, because beach stand food is ridiculously priced.  Teri would have never been able to do that by herself.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I find it extremely sad, way more than I should, that the grands don’t know hopscotch. How does that happen?

• Upvote 12

The lunch is so sad! PBJ, cheese sticks, apple slices, Pringle’s and sandwich cookies. Bring your own water bottle. Why is this considered an annual event?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

The lunch is so sad! PBJ, cheese sticks, apple slices, Pringle’s and sandwich cookies. Bring your own water bottle. Why is this considered an annual event?

Teri hates children so she can only take it once a year even with aunt's help.

This seems so short too, an hour of play,  lunch,  play hopscotch, take pics, go home. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, freejugar said:

This seems so short too, an hour of play,  lunch,  play hopscotch, take pics, go home. 

That’s likely all the time the schedule would allow. Ceiling fans don’t clean themselves. Plus,  Teri likely had to rush home to get the schedule back on track by repeatedly letting Steve know how he is the perfect husband and it is an honor to serve him. 

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

Grandma's Picnic

1. I'll give them a pass for using the school facilities out-of-hours. They do pay property taxes and they weren't doing a drug deal. In my neck of the woods that counts for something.

2. "Danny was almost unstoppable with exploring." BUT, being Maxwell's they certainly DID stop him.

3. I just knew those cookies would be vanilla, didn't you? Anything else might have flavor and they could like them.

4. Glad they told us the child-van distribution. I was concerned...not BORING!

5. She can only handle teaching hop-scotch to three kids at a time?? How about just demonstrate and then get out of the way?

Edited by hoipolloi
I CANNOT GET RID OF ATTACHMENTS!! UGH Removed attachments--Gee
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

Who is she kidding?  An hour on the playground was all she could take.  Anyone who's a mother knows that food is the secret weapon used when you are at the "had enough" point.  Kids start killing each other?  Someone throws their body on the ground in a fit?  Kids try to break into the school?  "Time to eat!  Come on everyone, let's go!"  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

That sounds like standard public school "going on a field trip so bring a bag lunch" fare. Maybe they saw the public school kids having field day out on the playground all day and decided to recreate it in the saddest possible way?

It's probably only an hour partly because Teri can only take it that long and partly because one hour is short enough that hopefully they won't have to actually DO much of anything with the kids. If the moms made sure everybody pottied beforehand, they might not have to take anyone to the restroom, change any diapers, ask training toddlers if they need to go, etc. One hour, part of that spent eating, teach three kids to hopscotch, and back home on the schedule ASAP. The first probably 10-20 minutes the kids were probably enjoying the novelty of the playground, then add in 20 minutes or so for eating/cleanup, 10 minutes at the end gathering everyone back up and getting them in the appropriate cars, and you've got what... maybe 10 minutes you actually have to interact with the kids?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, lilith said:

Poor Abbie, she’s already growing out of these activities and she must cringe when she sees Anna and Mary lined up against the wall eating lunch with the little kids while Teri sits opposite them supervising (and Sarah photographs the occasion) and hope it’s not her future.

And my not particularly coordinated 3 year old plays hopscotch- not perfectly, but she has fun trying. If they can’t play until they meet Teri’s standards and they only get to practice once a year on the scheduled Grandma’s picnic day it can’t be very fun. But I guess that’s the point in Maxhell.

Free Abby!  It won't be long before she will be downgraded to Grandma's and the Auntie's helper.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Free Abby!  It won't be long before she will be downgraded to Grandma's and the Auntie's helper.

I imagine she'll be on duty with the new little arrow for the quiver.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

First of all, shouldn’t it be ‘Grandma and Aunties’ Picnic’?  

I’m waiting for a leghumper to comment ‘Oh thank you for the tip about including Pringle’s in the picnic lunch! I’ve been wanting to surprise my kids with something special for our next outing and you have inspired me. We might even make it Extra-Special and buy the Sour Cream and Onion ones, God willing!!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 21

That’s a nice playground. I bet the schools in their area are pretty decent. I agree with others that they got a speech about the evils of public school. But how can that take hold? From the outside looking in, I imagine school looks pretty amazing to those kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

You guys have made every point I wanted to make and have me cracking up so I will just say, wow, this picnic is so hilariously Maxwell. That being said, I'd love it if a grandparent and aunts took Baby Pearl out for an hour or two to a playground. I'd happily pack the water!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

First of all, shouldn’t it be ‘Grandma and Aunties’ Picnic’?  

I’m waiting for a leghumper to comment ‘Oh thank you for the tip about including Pringle’s in the picnic lunch! I’ve been wanting to surprise my kids with something special for our next outing and you have inspired me. We might even make it Extra-Special and buy the Sour Cream and Onion ones, God willing!!!!

Or throw Dave Ramsey out the window and buy INDIVIDUAL size cans for everyone!

• Upvote 3

In Maxhell: going to the park with a bunch of friends family = annual (as in once a year) grandma's picnic, with 3 aunts along to take care of everyone because you know grandma can't do it. 

In the real world: going to the park with a bunch of family and / or friends = any (and many) of 52 Sundays or Mondays or Tuesdays or Wednesdays or Thursdays or Fridays or Saturdays. 

I drive by our neighborhood park every day and every day, it's full of many kids and often, the same ones I saw the day before and the day before that. 

As for them using the public school playground - shame on them using evil public & government funded educational services. Are they sure no one came home with public school indoctrination cooties?

• Upvote 7

I keep forgetting that Teri can’t handle this kind of outing on a regular basis, because my first thought was why aren’t they doing this every month or more?  But they could, if “the girls” would coordinate it and Teri just tagged along. 

This is just my preference, but I would have brought a couple of blankets so no one would have to sit directly on the concrete during lunch. Half of them are wearing sweaters, so the ground must have been a bit cold. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/22/2019 at 10:40 AM, Dru said:

For the love of god will someone please tell Anna how awful that side ponytail looks?

Aww- it’s not that bad. Let her keep it. It’s her tiny little piece of self- expression. You and I might get a tattoo or a piercing. ( Or choose a sweater instead of a vest ?)  But in the land of Maxwell, all Anna gets to do is sport her side ponytail. 

( Also, when she wears it- she kind of reminds me of Deb from Napoleon Dynamite ?)

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

In Teri’s defense, she has serious back problems and could be working with a limited amount of time she can stand or sit on a bench. 

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic