IGNORED

Vaccines are Blocking Prayers!

DangerNoodle

A lot of ultra religious people seem to be anti-vaccines. I guess its a consecuence of their distrust of science and lack of education. Althought i have also seem people that are well educated, even profesionals, been anti-vaxers.

Today it was publiched in the news about two children with measles in Costa Rica were the dissease had been eradicated. I wonder if the family is fundie. The article says they are from a family of missionaries from USA that have a total of 7 children that are also homeschooled. 

If God created everything then he created the scientists that developed the vaccines and the doctors and nurses that administer them.

"Umm, yeah, our movement is ineffective. That is totally the fault of evil liberals with their evil world domination plans and their evil vaccines. Not that we are unpopular nutcases." 

Just a thought. Could vaccines be God's way of answering prayers? I mean he does work in mysterious ways.

10 hours ago, llucie said:

Today it was publiched in the news about two children with measles in Costa Rica were the dissease had been eradicated. I wonder if the family is fundie. The article says they are from a family of missionaries from USA that have a total of 7 children that are also homeschooled. 

Missionaries with 7 homeschooled children, two of whom got measles ...

I’ll eat my hat if they’re NOT fundie. 

Thats not how this works. That’s not how any of this works... the dumb is just everywhere...  I swear there are higher powers here on earth spreading propaganda like this to endanger our nation...

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Just a thought. Could vaccines be God's way of answering prayers? I mean he does work in mysterious ways.

At least I am pretty sure that many parents were praying for a way to protect their children from diseases like polio, smallpox and measles, before those vaccines were developed.

Measles are so dangerous for pregnant women and their fetuses.  I wonder how they work their way through that particular cognitive dissonance morass. 

At least I am pretty sure that many parents were praying for a way to protect their children from diseases like polio, smallpox and measles, before those vaccines were developed.

Why these anti-vaxers can't see that vaccines are an answer to their prayers, I'll never understand.

Hahaha that "news" article. I grew up with people that totally would have bought it. I was taught that in the end times the mark of the beast might be hidden in food and that's why the Christians wouldn't be able to eat. I was so afraid of getting injected by the mark of the beast while grocery shopping with my mom as a young kid.

I was also taught that the government was behind the popularity of yoga because yoga empties your mind so the demons can take over. This is how the government got people to be liberals. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Why these anti-vaxers can't see that vaccines are an answer to their prayers, I'll never understand.

Or the whole “Only God should heal” thing.  If you believe He created everything, why doesn’t that include doctors and medicine?

10 hours ago, dharmapunk said:

I've mentioned before that my brother was a Polio Pioneer in the initial vaccine trials.  I'm pretty sure my parents were praying, too.  Along with countless others.

19 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If God created everything then he created the scientists that developed the vaccines and the doctors and nurses that administer them.

I've always heard that described as He is acting through doctors and nurses, along with the scientists that develop vaccines, so there should be no issues with getting the vaccines.

14 hours ago, Firebird said:

I was taught that in the end times the mark of the beast might be hidden in food and that's why the Christians wouldn't be able to eat. I was so afraid of getting injected by the mark of the beast while grocery shopping with my mom as a young kid.

Close. It's the bar codes that are the mark of the beast.

That God is certainly a meanie. Punishes people for getting vaccinated, and so won't listen to their anti abortion prayers. What's scary is that people actually believe this. I suppose they'll have to get unvaccinated to repent? As our priest says, we need to fire that God.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:06 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

I for one have prayed prayer of thanks for doctors and nurses and scientists and researchers and technicians etc.  It seems like God likes it when we actually put some effort in and do things for ourselves, like inventing chemotherapy. :D

But yeah, this "vaccinations block prayer" thing is an advanced kind of dumb.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, adidas said:

Missionaries with 7 homeschooled children, two of whom got measles ...

I’ll eat my hat if they’re NOT fundie. 

I have been trying to find them online, but there is a surprisingly big number of missionarie families in Costa Rica. Not all are independent baptist though. I have always wondered if people in other religions can be considered fundie too if they are very religious and have lots of children, for example i found lots catholic or mormon missionaries, would they be considered fundie?

(sorry for the off-topic, but i was always curious about this)

18 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

What good are prayers that can be blocked that easily? 

Our God is all-powerful, except when he's not!  Interesting that these people have "realised" what the problem is, but God hasn't...

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I have been trying to find them online, but there is a surprisingly big number of missionarie families in Costa Rica. Not all are independent baptist though. I have always wondered if people in other religions can be considered fundie too if they are very religious and have lots of children, for example i found lots catholic or mormon missionaries, would they be considered fundie?

To my mind, it’s about level of extremism. We have discussed Mormon fundies and Catholic fundies. I guess extremism is more common among groups that emphasize independence, like Baptists and evangelicals.

8 hours ago, llucie said:

My definition of fundamentalism is the belief that everyone who believes differently than you is wrong.

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

To my mind, it’s about level of extremism. We have discussed Mormon fundies and Catholic fundies. I guess extremism is more common among groups that emphasize independence, like Baptists and evangelicals.

There are extremists in every branch of organized religion. Muslims, Jews, Christians, even Buddhists all have their fundamentalists.  You can also be fundamentalist about other beliefs, whether it's bicycling, veganism, or atheism (some of the most annoying fundamentalists, IMO)

On 3/23/2019 at 7:38 AM, EyesOpen said:

Thats not how this works. That’s not how any of this works... the dumb is just everywhere...  I swear there are higher powers here on earth spreading propaganda like this to endanger our nation...

Your eyes are open, EO.  Along with your mind, your heart, and your conscience.   Thank Rufus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and various other promoters of intelligence.

it's criminal how many people were at the back of the line when those attributes were handed out.

Archived