IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 2: How low will they go? (CW: Miscarriage)

Coconut Flan

44 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Missed opportunity to label her as J'?????

You have a point, so have an updated version! (Although if her name really does start with "J" I'll be surprised, but highly amused.)

1455510801_DuggarHomeschooling2.thumb.PNG.144909f3b607cb005467e5a6139d3d98.PNG

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe now Ben has to teach these children, while Michelle sits right there...It's so unrealistic. 

I really hope it's just for the show. 

obviously it is, it just makes me nuts. 

I think J'??? might be a cousin named Emily, probably from Michelle's side of the family. In July of last year, Anna posted that Mackynzie, Jordyn, and Emily attended a sewing camp at a quilt shop, and I'm positive it's the same girl in both photos.

9 minutes ago, hethamahay said:

I think J'??? might be a cousin named Emily, probably from Michelle's side of the family. In July of last year, Anna posted that Mackynzie, Jordyn, and Emily attended a sewing camp at a quilt shop, and I'm positive it's the same girl in both photos.

Good catch, you're right. Here is the picture from Anna's Instagram. That's definitely Cousin Emily.

Emily copy.jpg

To be fair, Ben has far more education then anyone else in the TTH! Maybe because of his interest in being a youth pastor, they thought tutoring kids might look good on his resume. Probably a better idea then being Jim Bob's handyman. I'm almost amazed they think it's gender appropriate? 

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

You have a point, so have an updated version! (Although if her name really does start with "J" I'll be surprised, but highly amused.)

1455510801_DuggarHomeschooling2.thumb.PNG.144909f3b607cb005467e5a6139d3d98.PNG

The look on Jordyn's face is priceless!

12 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

To be fair, Ben has far more education then anyone else in the TTH! Maybe because of his interest in being a youth pastor, they thought tutoring kids might look good on his resume. Probably a better idea then being Jim Bob's handyman. I'm almost amazed they think it's gender appropriate? 

I thought that was why Michelle was there.

Jackson still looks so young to me for an almost 15 year old. He should be in high school, not doing the same lessons as elementary kids.

I did think it was a pretty good practical lesson, per @Buzzard's recap. I don't watch it any more, so thank you @Buzzard ?

Question: so if tutoring the J'kids is Bens part time job, does it legally count as income? Does JB have a payroll? Is it under the table? Is it a job or does he know he is a volunteer? When  Ben does his taxes does he have income or not?

To me it seems like Jessa and Ben get financially supported by the supreme Duggar trust which JB controls and they find "jobs" for him to do to gain access to the money he and Jessa already earned/ are earning from TLC.

So much of last night's episode made me shake my head. Glad Ben is taking an interest in teaching the kids, Michelle obviously hasn't any interest in doing it.

I think there was genuine excitement when Lauren's pregnancy was revealed, at least in her side of the family. Not sure if I can watch next week's episode.

7 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

None of their 'rules' matter when there's money to be made or makes Michelle's life easier.  

I do agree that Bin would probably do a better job than a lot of others who could take on the task.

Oh no, why is that cousin getting home schooled with them? I feel sad when kids like Tyler get pulled out of public school and sent to the Duggar dining room table. 

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And you know lauren's mother breastfeeding in that tent. fuck me. I have had friends who have chosen to modestly breastfeed and never once have i looked at them and felt so fucking claustraphobic......poor baby

Flop it out, be modest, neither makes me uncomfortable as much as that suffocation tent does.....that's some extra speshhulll modest shit right there.

Agreed, I ditched the breastfeeding covers so quickly because it felt like I was suffocating the baby in there. If you don't care or can get over the modesty, it's SO much easier just doing it without a cover! Also I like to see the baby while I'm nursing, make sure he's latched, see my boob to adjust it, etc.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Agreed, I ditched the breastfeeding covers so quickly because it felt like I was suffocating the baby in there. If you don't care or can get over the modesty, it's SO much easier just doing it without a cover! Also I like to see the baby while I'm nursing, make sure he's latched, see my boob to adjust it, etc.

I have a cover that's like the one Lauren's mom was using (it also doubles as a carseat cover). I tried practicing with it at home and within minutes I was hot and sweaty and baby was hot and sweaty and I said eff this. If I ever really needed to cover I would just use a muslin blanket and tuck a corner under my bra strap but 99% of the time I don't feel the need to. I just wear a stretchy tank top under whatever shirt I am wearing so I just pull the top one up and the bottom one down and not much gets exposed. I do try to find a quiet place away from people but that's more about minimizing distractions so my son actually stays latched and eats instead of looking around at everything.

8 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

True but looking at this he doesn’t seem to have a clue at teaching. There is more to it than knowledge. That’s why real teachers learn intense amounts of didactic methods and have to do practical teaching under supervision first.

To me it sounds as if his online studying isn’t very successful right now. 

Tyler likely spent most of his life in public school and depending on his intelligence, encouragment  and quality of schooling is better educated than his new family. 

It really bothers me that they have all those kids doing the same lessons for math.  I hope it was just a special thing because of the field trip and not every day, but it probably is like that every day. Jackson is 5 years older than Josie.  Multiplication is all well and good for a 9 year old, but a 14 year old should be starting algebra. It makes me so angry and sad that these kids are having their education stolen from them. 

Ok there's one thing I'm still confused about Josiah and Laurens honeymoon - how long was it? On the show it seems like just 3 days. I guess they must have been there longer besides filming?

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh no, why is that cousin getting home schooled with them? I feel sad when kids like Tyler get pulled out of public school and sent to the Duggar dining room table. 

i think it's to make it look like they have tons of children...that a) are not theirs B) make it look like the house is always full (Which it is ) so they can film more and realize that Michelle won't teach the last remaining original children....but then they bring cousins and grandchildren in and they can't not stop filming because they all have to be taught inside the compound

it's really a never ending circle with these people. 

Add me to the choir of people who are uncomfortable with 9 year olds and 14 year olds having the same math lesson, even if it's just for show. Maybe some of the older kids just genuinely wanted to be included in the filming activities, and they would normally being doing other studies during school time.

I do like the idea of Ben teaching though. It seems like a step in a good direction for him.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived