IGNORED

Trump 38: Donald Trump and the Wall of Lies

Destiny

The presidunce is being his most obnoxious self again. What a disgrace to the office. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's that kid at the grocery store who has a giant hissy fit because his parents refuse to buy him a candy bar. :pb_rollseyes:

Uh i don't get it. If they're so much better at cars shouldn't the US automobile industry be dying to hire these folks 

Well, if that's true, the wall won't help now, will it?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

A toddler's reaction to his mom saying no.

He is supposed to be an adult, but alas, he's a 72-year old toddler having a tantrum. 

He's part man baby having temper tantrums when the mean ole Democrats won't let him have his way, and part bully baby intimidating anyone who says or asks him things he doesn't like. 

Such a polite, stable guy. S/

Trump: “I have the absolute right to do national emergency if I want.”

Article from the Federal Oversight section of MilitaryTimes.com

Trump ‘may’ declare emergency to redirect Pentagon funds to border wall

Gets a bit into the nitty gritty of what might or might not happen if Trump gets too far over his skis and tries to suck $$ out of the Pentagon budget for the wall.

Excerpt: 

Warning Shanahan

In a separate meeting on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin, the vice chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense, said he cautioned the new acting defense secretary, Patrick Shanahan, that such a move would constitute “a major breach of relations between DoD and the oversight committees.”

“In my meeting with acting Secretary Shanahan, I cautioned him that if President Trump directs DoD to circumvent Congress in such a legally dubious way on such a major issue, Congress will have to reevaluate its relationship with the Department and judge whether each instance of broad flexibility granted to the Department is worth the risk of abuse by President Trump,” Durbin, D-Ill., said in a statement.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

The word ransom comes to mind...

Too bad no one can figure out how to do a Trump version of "The Ransom of Red Chief"!

36 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Too bad no one can figure out how to do a Trump version of "The Ransom of Red Chief"!

Of course the results would be the same. Even if Trump were abducted by aliens (of the out of this world variety, not the foreigners he's obsessed with), they'd turn the spaceship right around and return him to Earth.

He seems off his meds today. This weird attempt at attacking Schumer is... non-sensical, to put it nicely.

And for some reason he's shouting again...

Quite possibly because they're making him go to...

... where he just didn't want to go at all.

But yeah, fox@friends told him he had to.

The one place in Texas that Republicans and especially Trump are historically NOT popular are the counties, towns and cities on the border.  And especially not in the Valley, where The Wall is scheduled to be built through a butterfly sanctuary and wildlife conservation areas -- federal properties that were easy pickings. 

This visit will be carefully scripted; no rally scene. 

Yep, steel slats are the way to go... :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The presidunce is being his most obnoxious self again. What a disgrace to the office. 

I hate this man with a passion. 

My daughter isn't getting paid. Some stores aren't accepting WIC or food stamps. All this for a dumb wall? If he wants a wall than him and his dumb supporters should build it. 

Sooo... let me get this straight. We need a wall because the immigrants who are walking thousands of miles on foot carrying their babies actually have jet-powered-tanks/Batman's Tumbler/4-wheel drive Lamborghinis/Pepé's Little Mule that can go faster than police cruisers and are stronger than Humvees.

Did someone switch his Fox News over to a Michael Bay movie for a few minutes?

I hope somebody (Mueller? Mueller?) SOMEWHERE is trying to figure out which mob boss/Russian operative/whatever he promised the wall contract to. He owes somebody more than he can afford, somewhere around 5 Billion, I suspect. And President Evil is holding government employees ransom until he gets money to pay his bill that's come due. It can't just be him trying to please his base - he could get someone to CGI a wall in on a video and they'd be jubilant. Have a press conference in front of a bit that already existed, proclaim the wall done, and they'll be happy. He's doubling down on this ridiculous wall thing, when he's been happy to let other things slide. Something is up.

52 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It can't just be him trying to please his base

No, it's not him trying to please his base. He couldn't care less about them. The only person he cares about is himself. Nobody else even comes close.

No, what this whole wall thing is about is him not wanting to be seen as a loser.

It's all about winning to him. And what started as a distraction tactic from the Mueller investigation and the inevitability of House investigations, has now become something he simply can not and will not give up on. This has become extremely personal for him. He must have that wall, or some sense of 'winning' over the Dems.

It's the real reason behind the temper tantrums. It's the real reason he said he would not end the shut down "...because then you won't give me what I want". It, sadly, is why he's willing to plunge the country into (economic) ruin. Because he does not want to be perceived as being a loser.

We can now add ageist to the list of his many shortcomings.

17 minutes ago, smittykins said:

So if Schumer is now Cryin’ Chuck, is Pelosi Fancy Pantsy Nancy?

I think Speaker Pelosi will end up being called Nagging Nancy. Nagging Nancy is a twofer, because it would attack both her and her husband. It implies that she's a shrew and that Paul Pelosi is a "beta-male" who is dominated by her. 

Trump and his cult followers save their worst vitriol for women who dare to stand up to them and the men who support those women.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived