IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Gabby Campana posted some pics of herself looking pretty cozy with a guy. The Campanas may not be as strict about male-female friendships so it may be nothing... but then, her brother was posting similar stuff recently and now he definitely seems to be in a relationship.

I also couldn’t figure out if they are dating. They went to prom together this year and their pictures make them look like a couple. So maybe they are. I’m unsure.

• Upvote 1

Shit, posted in wrong thread - eep!

Edited by anjulibai
  • Haha 2

Reese Parfitt is engaged to a girl called Stacy Coy. 

https://www.parfittfamily.com

The Parfitts have only really been discussed in the Staddon thread as family friends. They have 8 kids and they're as frumpy as it gets, the oldest unmarried girl wears Mennonite dresses. The father died tragically in a road accident in 2010 and one of the brothers also died suddenly of heart failure last year, leaving behind a pregnant wife and child. We snarked on how casually they announced his death on the blog. 

Another brother, Seanny, was rumored to have been James Staddon's best friend until he came out as gay and was completely ostracized and erased from the family blog. He appears to be living his best life on his own now.

Reese getting married will leave only Ma Parfitt and her three unmarried girls in that huge house of theirs. I wonder who wears the pants in a fundie family when there are literally no more pants in the home.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Reese Parfitt is engaged to a girl called Stacy Coy. 

https://www.parfittfamily.com

The Parfitts have only really been discussed in the Staddon thread as family friends. They have 8 kids and they're as frumpy as it gets, the oldest unmarried girl wears Mennonite dresses. The father died tragically in a road accident in 2010 and one of the brothers also died suddenly of heart failure last year, leaving behind a pregnant wife and child. We snarked on how casually they announced his death on the blog. 

Another brother, Seanny, was rumored to have been James Staddon's best friend until he came out as gay and was completely ostracized and erased from the family blog. He appears to be living his best life on his own now.

Reese getting married will leave only Ma Parfitt and her three unmarried girls in that huge house of theirs. I wonder who wears the pants in a fundie family when there are literally no more pants in the home.

Gotta love those awkward no touching couples photos! 

6BFE972D-FB8E-4592-90B5-7E2A88045C3C.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

God, everything those people are doing is normal and they are having fun and exploring and playing board games.

I hate that religion has come between me and my countrymen. I was listening to a bit of a sobering podcast about how we could come to a civil war. He made the depressingly accurate point that both sidea are just starting to hate each other. The rage is simmering.

• Upvote 6

Posting here to remind myself that I need to add the Boyer sisters to the engaged list.

Charlotte and Elijah Brandyberry

Jessica and Chris Stitt

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Bethella said:

Posting here to remind myself that I need to add the Boyer sisters to the engaged list.

Charlotte and Elijah Brandyberry

Jessica and Chris Stitt

Saying Chris Stitt out loud sounds like Chris Tit. Let’s hope Jessica doesn’t go by Jess after her name changes...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Ethan Hammond is courting a girl called Grace Elizabeth Adams. Of course, they met at a Shindig. ?

http://farmingthecarolinas.blogspot.com/2019/06/its-girl.html?m=1

Speaking of meeting at a No Greater Joy shindig, I just found this gem on Kelsey's blog (Ethan's sister). This is her husband writing about how he met her: 

"I prayed "God, what do you want me to do?"  Immediately going to the Shindig popped into my head.  “What God!  Really? ...that's where desperate hillbillies go to find a wife!” 

??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Saying Chris Stitt out loud sounds like Chris Tit. Let’s hope Jessica doesn’t go by Jess after her name changes...

I'm afraid saying Jessica Stitt out loud would be just as bad.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

If you say it fast, it might sound like you’re saying “jessica’s Tit.”

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

This is so baaaaad! I’m dying lol

• I Agree 2

I feel so stupid asking this but I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it....

Where on FJ can we see who is courting and the upcoming weddings?

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I feel so stupid asking this but I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it....

Where on FJ can we see who is courting and the upcoming weddings?

The list is on the first page of this thread and is updated periodically (usually 1-2 weeks but in the winter when there aren't as many courtships/engagements/weddings it can be longer).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Going by an instagram pic on Duggar Data, Trace Bates is courting a girl called Chaney Grace.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Going by an instagram pic on Duggar Data, Trace Bates is courting a girl called Chaney Grace.

Her full name is Chaney Grace Kahle

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Is it an official announcement or just one of the photos that have been floating around for a while?

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Is it an official announcement or just one of the photos that have been floating around for a while?

Don’t think it’s an official announcement but I gather it’s a recent photo and in the comments people have congratulated them on their courtship. I won’t be surprised if there’s an official announcement this week.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Don’t think it’s an official announcement but I gather it’s a recent photo and in the comments people have congratulated them on their courtship. I won’t be surprised if there’s an official announcement this week.

Are the people congratulating them friends or just people on a fishing expedition? Plenty of people congratulate the marrieds on non existent pregnancies. I would wait till they announce it themselves.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Are the people congratulating them friends or just people on a fishing expedition? Plenty of people congratulate the marrieds on non existent pregnancies. I would wait till they announce it themselves.

I definitely wait until there's an announcement (or at least an extremely obvious pregnancy picture).

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

I definitely wait until there's an announcement (or at least an extremely obvious pregnancy picture).

A pregnancy announcement before a courtship/engagement announcement would be a new thing for the Bateses :D

• Haha 19

I have a feeling Emily Brower may have broken it off with her boyfriend. The pictures of him are gone from her Instagram.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling Emily Brower may have broken it off with her boyfriend. The pictures of him are gone from her Instagram.

I noticed that a little while ago but wasn't sure either. Sounds like her ex has gotten a good bit more visitation too. I can't imagine being the true believer that she was and having to adapt to such a drastic change. 

• Upvote 1

There’s a post on the Bates Family Blog (the one done by Lily and Ellie) announcing that Trace and Chaney are “special friends”. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic