IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

There’s a post on the Bates Family Blog (the one done by Lily and Ellie) announcing that Trace and Chaney are “special friends”. 

Lol. It’s funny because everyone knows that. “Special friends” is usually the term the Bates family will use before an official courtship begins. So they are dating. But not really. Because the Bates family doesn’t date. *insert eye roll*

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

The Bateses have so many different stages for relationships that all sound pretty much the same anyway. It’s kinda ridiculous really. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

So a Christmas wedding, maybe? Or an “I love you day” wedding? (Can I barf at how much I hate that term ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol. It’s funny because everyone knows that. “Special friends” is usually the term the Bates family will use before an official courtship begins. So they are dating. But not really. Because the Bates family doesn’t date. *insert eye roll*

Special friend is the term I used to use for my booty call. I don't think that's what the Bates mean. ?

• Haha 17
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if the Beasley family information is up to date, but they're on the list on the first page, so... According to Stephen Beasley's IG, he has been in a relationship for 6 months, and her name is Lily Roby.

• Thank You 1

Adeline Morton’s Facebook profile says she’s single. Has her courtship ended or does she just not keep her profile up-to-date?

@Triplet3 I don't think that she ever acknowledged a courtship. She had a picture with him that she posted but called him a friend. 

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, JMO said:

@Triplet3 I don't think that she ever acknowledged a courtship. She had a picture with him that she posted but called him a friend. 

A friend who flies all the way to Paraguay to visit you and your family. That’s quite a friend. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A friend who flies all the way to Paraguay to visit you and your family. That’s quite a friend. 

They used to post about keeping courting/ getting to know each other secret. No one knew Dorothy and Noah were talking until they got engaged. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kressant saw through it and called them a cute couple though, ha. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, albireo said:

Kressant saw through it and called them a cute couple though, ha. 

Who was it who posted the photo of them together? 

ETA: Never mind, I found it.

Edited by Triplet3

Speaking of that whole crowd, I believe Hunter Kendall is getting married this weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Speaking of that whole crowd, I believe Hunter Kendall is getting married this weekend.

His sister’s wedding two weeks ago was fundie  frump. I’m guessing his wedding will be much trendier. 

Whoops! It’s seems we missed the live stream at 5pm eastern. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His sister’s wedding two weeks ago was fundie  frump. I’m guessing his wedding will be much trendier. 

Whoops! It’s seems we missed the live stream at 5pm eastern. 

It was really boring. Definitely much trendier; Lise has pictures. The dresses remind me of a blue, short-sleeved version of Tori Bates's bridesmaid dresses. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/22/2019 at 11:39 AM, lexiloumarie said:

They used to post about keeping courting/ getting to know each other secret. No one knew Dorothy and Noah were talking until they got engaged. 

Dorothy & Noah didn't know they were courting until they were engaged.

From the first "conversation" (never mind their families hung out for years, they supposedly never had a conversation with each other) to engagement was about 3 days. He arrived for their first visit with the ring. An engagement dinner had been planned, bringing the rest of his family to Georgia from Alabama. Before saying a word, supposedly, they knew they'd be engaged and everything was planned. By the time courtship was acknowledged in their brains, engagement had happened.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

From the first "conversation" (never mind their families hung out for years, they supposedly never had a conversation with each other) to engagement was about 3 days. He arrived for their first visit with the ring. An engagement dinner had been planned, bringing the rest of his family to Georgia from Alabama. Before saying a word, supposedly, they knew they'd be engaged and everything was planned. By the time courtship was acknowledged in their brains, engagement had happened.

This is how I remember it. FJ followed it all in real time but I think it was on the Yuku board, IIRC

That "courtship" was the strangest thing. They obviously had to know *of* each other and had for years before they "met" on their first visit together. Also, IIRC, they were never left alone during the several days of courtship. There was always at least one younger sibling trailing after them. This was all documented in Addie's breathless prose:

The slight breeze coming through the open window brings in the sound of crickets singing. It's evening, and I'm sitting here on the couch, a pillow in my lap, and a journal on top of that, my pen idly lain on it's pages. The supper dishes have been cleared away, and the dusk is fading to night. Soft lamplight makes the two seated across the room seem to be shrouded in golden shadows, her earring catching the light occasionally, the rocking of his chair a steady, calming rhythm. It's a beautiful thing to watch, these two young people-committed to each other, in purity, committed to the Lord Jesus, and just enjoying falling in love with the other. She looks down with a smile and shyly back up again, then laughs, with a soft grin, at his words. His quiet confidence. He loves telling her things, and she loves to listen. They were made for each other.

I'll stop there in case anyone needs to take some emergency insulin, stat.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

"He loves telling her things, and she loves to listen." Now where's the vomiting emoji when you really need one...

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Dorothy & Noah didn't know they were courting until they were engaged.

This is so different from John and Campbell. They were at least courting for a few months before they got engaged. And they even kissed before they were married. How times change...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

"He loves telling her things, and she loves to listen." Now where's the vomiting emoji when you really need one...

It is straight out of Othello!  And look what happened to Othello and Desdemona.

That interminable monologue I had to learn:  "Her father loved me, oft invited me"  and Othello goes on and on and on about all his battles and adventures.   "She loved me for the dangers I had passed, and I loved her that she did pity them."

I was always surprised she didn't think him a horrible and self-involved bore.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Dorothy and Noah are  part of what brought me here - the Dominion Wackiness posts on Datalounge confused my gay jewish ass and I found the old board. The Sanders girls ten part series or whatever was was equally sappy writing. It's a shame they pulled the whole thing down..

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic