IGNORED

Pennington Point: Snark Goldmine

Burris

oh damn, I was all set not to ever feel sorry for her, until I read she has bursitis in her shoulder. I have it in my right hip, and I think she's run into the same problem I have, that people don't take it seriously when you are young.

So there's my one iota of compassion for her. Shared commiseration over pain.

And yeah, I do like her decor, but I actually like the interviewer's better: organizingmadefun.blogspot.com/p/my-homea-little-tour.html

I admit, I'm lusting over her closets and outdoor kitchen.

I just glanced at part two but does anyone know why she is so against music recitals? (But doing basically a recital in a nursing home is ok?)

I love look at organizing blogs, but my house will never look like that. It isn't like I'm a hoarder or anything, but my house always has toys and stuff all over the place. Before we had kids it was pretty perfect looking. Of course we both worked and were rarely at home, so that was probably why.

I love look at organizing blogs, but my house will never look like that. It isn't like I'm a hoarder or anything, but my house always has toys and stuff all over the place. Before we had kids it was pretty perfect looking. Of course we both worked and were rarely at home, so that was probably why.

This but the other reason why is the opportunity cost that level of organization would cause me.

I can keep my house up and reasonable with a few hours a week spread out over all 7 days. But I simply don't want to spend the time she spends to have perfection. Also, I think it is wasteful to do her stupid marching. Why not just assign each kid a room and have them do 15 minutes in there. You can do a lot in 15 minutes!

Whoa. My big issue was her comment about the "grazing" and how it is not healthy. *Ahem* I suppose she does not hold herself to the same standards?

As far as the doctor thing...we've been lucky. We don't go, we don't need to and we don't feel obligated to. And as far as meds. Most stuff can be corrected by diet and activity. I am kinda with her on that.

I do hate how nice her house looks. :)

This but the other reason why is the opportunity cost that level of organization would cause me.

I can keep my house up and reasonable with a few hours a week spread out over all 7 days. But I simply don't want to spend the time she spends to have perfection. Also, I think it is wasteful to do her stupid marching. Why not just assign each kid a room and have them do 15 minutes in there. You can do a lot in 15 minutes!

Damn, we were still cleaning as the mortgage guy was walking down my sidewalk this morning 15 minutes early. Good thing I have a long sidewalk. :) I have 3 kids and 5 animals,my house is never going to be as clean as I would like. Oh well.

hmm, looking at the photo on the other blog...

Grace: dead already

Hope: not quite given up

Faith and Patience: smiling bravely and leaning on each other (waiting to run?)

Jacob: knows that something is wrong but has no idea what to do

Noah: is beginning to suspect

Adam and Elijah: thanking their lucky stars they're boys

Also: why on earth would anyone think those huge numbers next to the silhouettes are either attractive or encouraging?

Yeah, the numbers next to the kids should keep them in line. Remind them that they are just one in a series, and they can be replaced.

THe first glance of her reminded me of that heinous hosebeast on "Dance Moms." I have never seen that show, just a few commercials for it at a friend's house. I am sooo glad I don't have cable.

And the encyclopedias so proudly displayed just tell me she is educating the kids to 1970's standards. The evil public schools ( as well as the rest of the world) are using computer based informations systems. Looking at her "homeschooling" standards i also think that her kids are screwed unless they want to be manufacturing slaves, trophy wives, or Vision Forum Interns. They just have no clue what's going on outside f the world other than shabby chic decor and long skirts.

Oh heavens yes! They don't vaccinate and their kids are ever-so-healthy - thanks to the majority of us who do vaccinate so that her perfect family can benefit from herd immunity.

A word: POLIO. It's alive and well in 3rd world. I hate to see it return here. Lady, get a life. I guess the girls must learn to always be pleasing in appearance and everything for future hubby. Reminds me of Tammy Fay Bakker who only took her make up off at 2 am after Jim was asleep.

• 9 months later...

For starters I looked up the book her kid Grace wrote. Of course its self published!

A friend of mine recently published her PhD dissertation and this book costs a fortune and is probably a bit dry but a decent comparison because it was published in the same month. The PhD dissertation is 350,000 higher in ranking that this kid's 5.99 sci fi christian book. When your rank is at the 1 million mark that is not at all a good thing. I'll bet that they will lose money self publishing that book.

Anyhoo, as far as undiagnosed conditions my soon to be nephew in law has a serious genetic condition that the dermatologist mother of his classmate diagnosed when picking her kid up from school. In between doctor visits he had these bumps appear on his skin that are a symptom of Tuberosis Sclerosis. He was older than most kids when they appear but it was a combo of the evil public school system and a doctor that got him a much earlier than would have otherwise occurred diagnosis. Otherwise they wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with him until the seizures that started a few weeks later. Here was a kid who, by all appearances, was perfectly healthy. But inside of him mini-tumors were invading his body. And in a disease like this a few weeks or months could mean the difference between him having normal brain function and severe brain damage resulting in retardation and him never really growing up mentally. It could also mean heart damage that would mean early death. And since this is a mutation of a gene there is no way family history could indicate the disorder (although he could pass it on to his kids, a hurdle to jump in 20 years).

But, no her kids are perfectly healthy because she's so perfect. What a d-bag.

Oh wow. She was talking about her son Jacob going to visit friends, and she went over with him how to behave on the bus and at the friend's house. I figured Jacob was a kid or a young teenager.

Turns out Jacob is a grown man of 19.

Oh wow. She was talking about her son Jacob going to visit friends, and she went over with him how to behave on the bus and at the friend's house. I figured Jacob was a kid or a young teenager.

When Jacob gets ready to lose his virginity on his wedding night will she be there next to the bed instructing him on how to screw his wife?

"No hunny, your dick goes into the other hole!" and then she'll write about it on her blog!

:shock: WTH? AT age 19 I was frequently driving my own car to and from a friend's house that was 2 hours away from home. There were times I didn't get home until 2 am or later. Once I missed my exit and wound up driving an hour out of my way (and having to then turn around and drive an hour back) My parents thought it was funny. I can't imagine what this woman's reaction would be.

My 18 yo just drove himself and a friend 200 miles to Kansas City to watch a Royals game last night. In May he drove to Chicago for a weekend. Last September he drove himself and 3 guys to Vermont via Chicago and back.

The only thing I ever say to him is " text me when you're leaving so I know when to expect you". This is only so we would know when to worry if he is not home yet.

For starters I looked up the book her kid Grace wrote. Of course its self published!

A friend of mine recently published her PhD dissertation and this book costs a fortune and is probably a bit dry but a decent comparison because it was published in the same month. The PhD dissertation is 350,000 higher in ranking that this kid's 5.99 sci fi christian book. When your rank is at the 1 million mark that is not at all a good thing. I'll bet that they will lose money self publishing that book.

And the WTFily titled "Firmament: Radialloy" is available on Amazon. There are seven nearly identical orgasmic reviews, all from Grace's friends, assuring us that it's a Christian Novel and there's no ewwwy sex in it! One reviewer shoots himself in the foot by favorably comparing it to his grand opus "Red Rain." "Red Rain" cropped up on another thread here some time ago, and I bought and read it out of curiosity. It was SO BAD that, to date, it is the ONLY book I have ever deleted from my Kindle (and I have allowed the 50 Shades trilogy to continue to infest it).

I have been known to read Really Awful Books out of sheer curiosity, but I can feel this one biting the big one across space and time.

Archived