IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

On 3/19/2019 at 9:19 PM, treehugger said:

it's been far too long since the last lol Doug, but....

this sucker is begging for a caption 

Due to the pose, my first thought was the same as @Pecansforeveryone - wrong era, Dougie:

1397052516_Dougstayinalive.jpg.72a9972031da54d970e458740643ad78.jpg

But then my mind wandered to "what is Doug thinking?"

Spoiler

1521207442_Dougstaringatcrotch.jpg.ae47ee96ac2ef144c7544224a30eaaa1.jpg

And "what does Doug want us to think, vs. what he might be thinking?"

Spoiler

1677969039_Dougsecretthoughts.jpg.2a80292733d06e0d98312ec487fb1f6d.jpg

It's such a ridiculous image, though -- it stands on its own as mockery of smug Doug, even without a caption!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked back and didn’t see anyone else post about this - did you see the video he did on his “Phil Douglas” FB page where he went to a monster truck show and mentioned he brought “someone special on her birthday”. Who was this someone special?

7 minutes ago, Baabaablacksheep said:

I looked back and didn’t see anyone else post about this - did you see the video he did on his “Phil Douglas” FB page where he went to a monster truck show and mentioned he brought “someone special on her birthday”. Who was this someone special?

Sorry, to clarify, actual quote: "Monster Trucks and Strauss - Somebody special had a birthday, and I determined to do a "first" and guide her deep into the redneck world of testosterone drenched vehicles. I brought my handy iPhone and took a few clips. Here is what I captured...and set to The Blue Danube Waltz." and the post is dated January 14 of this year. 

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm not sure wether the Phillips can afford to be picky about suitors anymore. Sure, they'll want someone with the more or less same believes, but beyond that Beall is probably glad when there is one less eater on her bill.

True; but I hope the girls end up with lovely husbands.  Part of me likes that they are out having fun and being creative, rather than married off young to some VF a**hat and pumping out endless arrows (yes, YOU, Kelly Brown).  The other part of me is "get a damn job, already." 

In a sense, the fall of VF might have saved all the Phillips' kids from fanatical patriarchal  fecundity, working like a dog (boys) or frumpering  around with 8 or 9 rug rats (girls). 

Be interesting how things play out over time.  Isn't an older son due to be marry into an EO dynasty sometime this year?

On 3/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, VVV said:

I hesitate to get too excited because "Douglas W Phillips" is not that unique a name, but American Express has filed a lawsuit against a debtor by that name in Bexar County. 

Reveal hidden contents

1870472050_dougphillips.thumb.JPG.b4c645456d4cfb043a6e0df4673f2da4.JPG

I am keeping an eye on this lawsuit. If I understand correctly, DPIATAAAD (and also a deadbeat) has twenty days plus until the following Monday to respond to the citation, which was issued on March 8--that means by April 1, by my calendar. He hasn't yet responded. Failure to respond will result in a default judgment in favor of American Express. Clock's ticking, Dougie boy.

11 minutes ago, VVV said:

Failure to respond will result in a default judgment in favor of American Express. Clock's ticking, Dougie boy.

Please let him go to jail. please let him go to jail., please please please.... 

I'd rather he go to jail for sexual assault, but if he ends up there via the Al Capone route, I'll take that too.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:59 AM, Hane said:

When I applied for Social Security at age 66, I was told that I had three options:

Not exactly how it really works.  Social Security is required to give a person the largest payout for which they are eligible unless the person declines in writing and sometimes even then Social Security is required to make the payments.  A person may receive on multiple records.  For instance my mother is the widow of two marriages.  The Social Security representative was required to pay my mother the continuing benefits she was receiving on her own ("A") as well as the "D" benefits from being a widow and to get the records from both deceased husbands to determine which was higher.

I worked as a claims authorizer there for quite a number of years and receiving on multiple records is very common. 

So say a person is entitled to $1000 a month on their own but to $1200 on a spousal record, then they get $1200 as a combined benefit.  

I have LOLDougitis. Much like malaria, it flares up, off and on, for a lifetime.

Spoiler

56469147_Dougpickadancestyle.jpg.2b084736452b258f495eee47ecb1576f.jpg

Spoiler

707650339_Dougnipple.jpg.95e168e196cccb9c46c2f07ce7c152a1.jpg

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I have LOLDougitis. Much like malaria, it flares up, off and on, for a lifetime.

Hide contents

56469147_Dougpickadancestyle.jpg.2b084736452b258f495eee47ecb1576f.jpg

Hide contents

707650339_Dougnipple.jpg.95e168e196cccb9c46c2f07ce7c152a1.jpg

You deserve ALL the emoticons!!! Keep ‘em coming!!!

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I'd rather he go to jail for sexual assault, but if he ends up there via the Al Capone route, I'll take that too.

I’ll just leave this here. 

BA977E64-542C-4D88-981C-3C2DD0B59B54.jpeg

8 hours ago, Columbia said:

I’ll just leave this here. 

BA977E64-542C-4D88-981C-3C2DD0B59B54.jpeg

That sure looks like a Coghlan baby. Look, Perry and Kim-- you're tied to Doug forever and ever! ☺️

18 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Alas (in this case, anyway), debtors prison is not a thing. And it is surprisingly difficult to collect on a judgment in Texas. It seems the worst that will happen is that his credit will get dinged, and if he has any assets such as a bank account, those can be garnished. But wages can't be garnished, not that he seems to be earning any.

I am wondering just how DPIAT and Be-all have structured their finances, given that her name is not listed in this lawsuit. It's obviously his credit card only. My husband and I are jointly on our credit cards so if we were to default, we'd both be sued. However, we are responsible adults with actual jobs that contribute to society AND we pay our bills, so it isn't anything I worry about.

I'm wondering if it might actually be to Be-all's advantage, if there is an eventual divorce, not to be on this debt. 

BTW, Google now thinks I am in bankruptcy and need legal help, based on my recent search history.

20 hours ago, Baabaablacksheep said:

Sorry, to clarify, actual quote: "Monster Trucks and Strauss - Somebody special had a birthday, and I determined to do a "first" and guide her deep into the redneck world of testosterone drenched vehicles. I brought my handy iPhone and took a few clips. Here is what I captured...and set to The Blue Danube Waltz." and the post is dated January 14 of this year. 

That was Faith, it was on her Instagram stories. She posted something to the effect of "surprisingly fun", but I didn't get the impression that it was her idea of a birthday treat. I sort of assumed maybe Doug was on a job and she gamely tagged along. IIRC it was a couple of days before her actual birthday, during the time Beall was away in Scotland.

That post is odd, I never in a million years would imagine Doug feeling comfortable in "the redneck world of testosterone drenched vehicles", let alone wanting to "guide" someone else, especially a daughter vs. a son. If it wasn't a job, I bet he got the tickets free :pb_lol:

19 hours ago, Howl said:

True; but I hope the girls end up with lovely husbands.  Part of me likes that they are out having fun and being creative, rather than married off young to some VF a**hat and pumping out endless arrows (yes, YOU, Kelly Brown).  The other part of me is "get a damn job, already." 

In a sense, the fall of VF might have saved all the Phillips' kids from fanatical patriarchal  fecundity, working like a dog (boys) or frumpering  around with 8 or 9 rug rats (girls). 

Be interesting how things play out over time.  Isn't an older son due to be marry into an EO dynasty sometime this year?

In fairness, out of the three adult daughters, at least two of them are working, and have been for awhile. IIRC, Jubilee was at a touristy candy shop while they were in Durango, and has a waitress job now, as a student in Florida. Faith worked at a frozen yogurt place in Durango for a year or two until they moved back to San Antonio, and got new job there sometime around Christmas/New Years. Liberty is the only one I'm not sure of. Given the amount of traveling she does, holding down a service industry type job seems unlikely (in my experience back in the day, managers generally aren't fond of anyone who makes scheduling difficult), though it's possible she picks things up short term between trips, or works for someone she knows, who is more forgiving. Does anyone on FJ follow her private Instagram?

Justice is living in Franklin, Tn, which is where the Turleys are. No idea what he does for a living. Kelcie just moved down there at the beginning of March, but I haven't seen anything about an engagement yet. I know someone on Instagram asked her something like "When is the wedding?" a little while back, and she said something like "you'll know when I do".

On 3/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, hoipolloi said:

Dancing Dougie.jpg

Tool looks so different, you guys!! I mean still a major Tool, though, that will never change.

On 3/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, Howl said:

I'm still gobsmacked that Beall is cleaning houses and admitting to it.  Don't get me wrong, it's honest work and that is to be respected.  But, daaaaayum, it's a big change from a stay at home wife under the thumb of her headship to well, being out in the world working.

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but I thought Be-all was doing elder care work? Or is she doing a ton of stuff in addition to that?

There is NOTHING wrong with these types of jobs or even doing multiples-when you got bills and need money, you do what you have to. I hope the girls are helping her too, though. 

I think Beall is doing whatever people will pay her to do, which probably includes housekeeping for elderly patients, or cleaning out the homes of older people who've either passed away, or gone into assisted living/nursing home/hospice care. I do give her credit for being willing to do it, it's not easy work.

Beall being Beall, she can't post about it without trying to make it sound like she's a historian just doing some really hands-on research, but I think it comes down to financial need.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:16 PM, Howl said:

Korea? Viet Nam? I'd find this so much less weird if any of these fundy people had ANY current family serving/served in the military. 

Really, young women getting free trips to far-away places doesn't count as actual service to the country. 

Call me cynical, but I have to wonder if being active military would be on the minus column for potential suitors of the Phillips daughters, because it's real life and not role play. 

I'll also take the cynical title. From these girls' point of view, why do I feel like they would be much less enthusiastic about going to Korea or Vietnam than to Europe?  It will be interesting to see if they are just as engaged in going to these other countries when they have no choice but to move on to the next war.  For all their WWII fetishizing, have they ever been to Japan?  

18 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

For all their WWII fetishizing, have they ever been to Japan?  

Weren't they peddling Iwo Jima sand for a minute there?

Just chiming in to say how freakin' funny this thread had become in the last few weeks. You all rock.

Can someone refresh me on whether VF was opposed to dancing on the whole a la IBLP and other Baptist denoms? Or not so much? It's kind of hard to tell through all the cosplay.

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

I think Beall is doing whatever people will pay her to do, which probably includes housekeeping for elderly patients, or cleaning out the homes of older people who've either passed away, or gone into assisted living/nursing home/hospice care. I do give her credit for being willing to do it, it's not easy work.

Beall being Beall, she can't post about it without trying to make it sound like she's a historian just doing some really hands-on research, but I think it comes down to financial need.

Judging from the background of the photo behind Beall, that house has been tagged. An older home that has been tagged is likely to be in a not-great neighborhood in SA. I wonder if it got picked up by one of the many local real estate investors who buy such houses dirt cheap, fix them up (also cheaply), and then either rent out or flip. I know of quite a few fundies in town who are devotees of Lifestyles Unlimited, which encourages people to cash out their retirements and dive into real estate with the promise that everyone will be a millionaire. 

As long as I'm riding the speculation train, I'll guess that Honor and his mother were hired to do rehab work on the cheap by exactly such an investor who knew they needed the money.

Adding to my speculation, being tagged on the inside also makes me think it was a drug house.

If you flip through the photos on that post (there are three) the final one is tagged Operation Meatball, which made me think it may have belonged to someone they met through OM, maybe a house left vacant (in a post-war neighborhood gone to seed) and in limbo for years after the previous resident could no longer live alone; now being cleaned up by the heirs in order to sell it. That sort of thing happens often enough.

Of course, they could always be working for a house flipper, and just used the Operation Meatball thing as part of her delusion that they're somehow "helping vets" instead of just ripping out graffiti'd drywall. 

2 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

If you flip through the photos on that post (there are three) the final one is tagged Operation Meatball, which made me think it may have belonged to someone they met through OM, maybe a house left vacant (in a post-war neighborhood gone to seed) and in limbo for years after the previous resident could no longer live alone; now being cleaned up by the heirs in order to sell it. That sort of thing happens often enough.

Of course, they could always be working for a house flipper, and just used the Operation Meatball thing as part of her delusion that they're somehow "helping vets" instead of just ripping out graffiti'd drywall. 

Thanks, I had not looked at the other photos. 

The thing is, houses from that era in San Antonio are either in one of the snooty neighborhoods near downtown (Alamo Heights, Olmos Park, Terrill Hills, Mahncke Park, Monte Vista), or they are in declining neighborhoods. The trash and fence visible in the third picture strongly suggest the latter. Plus, nobody who owns a house in one of the aforementioned nice neighborhoods would allow it to sit vacant and/or decay like that--that real estate is much too valuable and even if the original owner simply couldn't keep up, I guarantee that there would be heirs and/or neighbors stepping in long before the house could reach this state. So I am confident that this is a house in a bad neighborhood and making an educated guess that it was picked up for a song by a flipper. 

And if Beall really wants to find the name and story of the original owner, it's very easy to do online. I did it myself for our house (built 1952) during one late-night rabbit hole. I knew the names of the people we bought it from in 1993, so I searched for a real estate transaction in their names and found the paperwork from when they bought the house in 1967. That gave me the names of the next previous owners in line so I then searched for them and found the paperwork when they bought the house and the names of the people they bought it from. Searching one more time took me to the original owners, which was clear because for them, I found the purchase from the developer, the contract with the builder, etc., So now I know we are the fourth owners of our house. I printed out all the contracts from the first owner up through ours.

I then searched for obituaries and found obituaries online for every single previous owner of our house so I printed those out too. It's all in a folder for the hopeful future edification of whoever owns this house after our children drag us out kicking and screaming (or carry us out feet first) and then put the house on the market. We're here for the long haul.

Oh, and while all the previous owners were upstanding citizens, if I could know for sure who was responsible for ripping out the gorgeous hardwood floors and laying down carpet, I'd make a trip to go spit on their graves. I know there were hardwood floors because (a) remnants of the wood floors were still in the closets, and (b) every other house in this neighborhood has hardwood floors.

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I gotta give her props for getting her hands dirty with some really mentally and physically tough jobs - elder care, home renos.  I never thought I'd see Beall Phillips, the immaculately-coiffed, cardigan-clad Serena Joy of Vision Forum putting in an honest day's work.  

Meanwhile, no sign of Doug becoming a "job type of person."  Though what dancing skills he has for a fifty five year old father of eight!  

18 minutes ago, VVV said:

Thanks, I had not looked at the other photos. 

The thing is, houses from that era in San Antonio are either in one of the snooty neighborhoods near downtown (Alamo Heights, Olmos Park, Terrill Hills, Mahncke Park, Monte Vista), or they are in declining neighborhoods. The trash and fence visible in the third picture strongly suggest the latter. Plus, nobody who owns a house in one of the aforementioned nice neighborhoods would allow it to sit vacant and/or decay like that--that real estate is much too valuable and even if the original owner simply couldn't keep up, I guarantee that there would be heirs and/or neighbors stepping in long before the house could reach this state. So I am confident that this is a house in a bad neighborhood and making an educated guess that it was picked up for a song by a flipper. 

Oh I have no doubt it's in a bad neighborhood. Again, that's why I figured it could be owned by the family of someone they met through OM. It's not entirely uncommon for older people to want to stay in the home they've lived in for decades, sometimes long after their neighborhoods have gone to shit. I know it's happened in my extended family, the adult children involved tried for years to move the parents out, but they were still emotionally attached to the property, and living in denial about how bad the neighborhood had become.

4 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Just chiming in to say how freakin' funny this thread had become in the last few weeks. You all rock.

Can someone refresh me on whether VF was opposed to dancing on the whole a la IBLP and other Baptist denoms? Or not so much? It's kind of hard to tell through all the cosplay.

The VF families we knew were big into English country dancing (think Pride and Prejudice). There were rules attached, like a boy had to ask the girl’s father’s permission for a dance, and a girl and boy weren’t supposed to dance more than twice (IIRC) with each other in an evening or people would start to gossip. Courting and married couples excepted.

Interesting to me, Gregg Harris’s (also patriarchal) churches were big into swing dancing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived