IGNORED

Good things on fundy blogs

kunoichi66

I can't remember if there was a thread already on this (I can't find one), so I've started this one.

Most of what comes out of fundies' mouths is by turn horrifying, depressing, or downright stupid, but have any of you found anything good from fundies?

I do a lot of needlework and baking, so I do quite like the blogs which feature a lot of recipes and\or patterns - I do like looking at other people's work.

Also, as I've mentioned on another thread, I dress conservatively - long skirts (not ankle length - I like being to walk, thankyouverymuch!) and high necklines, and quite often fundy websites are the only ones I can find with tips on good places to buy these sorts of things, how to accesorise, etc. Though once they get into bible quotes, I have to go away before I throw my computer out the window :?

So....anyone?

Well, you need to check my blog because it has a lot of modest fashion and homeschooling with no religion! :)

I have a lot in common with the fundies with homeschooling and crunchy lifestyle. I do like the the blog of the mom who sews all those retro dresses for her girls(schoolhouse something?)but I am not much of a sewer.

I like cooking and crafts too. I initially was exposed to fundie blogs by my google searches for interesting crafts to try. So that is one good thing.

Well, it wouldn't be too far off the mark that some of those blogs did kind of get me into sewing and needlework ^^;; as well as providing me some great recipes! So uh...thanks ladies?

They make me thankful that even though I was brought up in a fairly conservative family that went to church regularly, my parents weren't complete nutjobs and raised me to think for myself and respect others.

I always like looking at ZsuZsu's advent and if I ever have kids one day I am going to make them something like that.

Also, Taryn. Taryn is is the best part of fundy blogs. :D

Also, Taryn. Taryn is is the best part of fundy blogs. :D

Ditto on Taryn.

There was also a really good recipe that I got from one, and I can't remember which one. It's become a staple in our house now, it's full of canned cream soup and refrigerated premade biscuits and other deplorable crap, but it's delicious. I found it on a blog, but when I looked for variations online I found it was all over other recipe sites too.

I posted a thing a few weeks back about Lilla Rose hair styling stuff, which I had only seen on the blogs. I mistakenly thought it was a strictly fundie thing, but the owner of the company came to FJ to blast that out of the water. So Lilla Rose gets two snaps in a circle.

I like Autumn's craft blog. creativecombustion-crafts.blogspot.com/

I like God's Daughter's pillowcase project. firstnightoffreedom.org/

I kind of like the links that Lady Lydia has on her blog to the different shops. I kind of like Victorian decor (although not to ridiculous extent like some people take it).

When my life gets super chaotic and overwhelming, I kind of find fundy blogs peaceful. There's something so simple about the routine, cooking, and crafts. Of course, then they will inevitably say something horrible and I'm snapped out of it :shock:

Some of them are quite good photographers and have good recipes.

I also like some of the modest fashion blogs like "A la Modest" and "Stylishly Modest" (which I think has been abandoned) which have some interesting, non-frumpy outfits.

Otherwise, I'm not into crafts or homeschooling so nothing to see for me there.

Oh, and a few of the bloggers seem to be genuinely nice people, crazy as their ideas might be.

When my life gets super chaotic and overwhelming, I kind of find fundy blogs peaceful. There's something so simple about the routine, cooking, and crafts. Of course, then they will inevitably say something horrible and I'm snapped out of it :shock:

Me too!

:clap:

Usually I'll be reading about modest clothing and thinking how pretty they look....and then oops, there is a comparison of a betrousered woman to a prostitute!

Day = ruined.

Clibbyjo - what is your blog?

I do like the the blog of the mom who sews all those retro dresses for her girls(schoolhouse something?)but I am not much of a sewer.

This one? pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Sewing

I don't read enough fundie blogs to find much that I think is good, but I do like Aspiring Homemaker's food posts. Everything she makes always looks delicious.

I too like the ones with crafting, knitting, safe homemade cleaning supplies, and recipes.

I like Autumn's craft blog. creativecombustion-crafts.blogspot.com/

Wow, her quilts are really beautiful!

I like good photos - maybe flowers and when the colors all go together. Sort of like the person designing the blog makes it look all coordinated.

i like the ones that are a bit naive too. Sort of an naive way of looking at the world.

Well, you need to check my blog because it has a lot of modest fashion and homeschooling with no religion! :)

I have a lot in common with the fundies with homeschooling and crunchy lifestyle. I do like the the blog of the mom who sews all those retro dresses for her girls(schoolhouse something?)but I am not much of a sewer.

I love the crafting as I'm a crafter myself. I also like the home cooking and modest fashion aspect as I'm pretty crunchy myself. I do think it is quite amazing really what us crunchy hippy(ish) types have with some of the fundie blogs. I'm as atheist as they come and am an attachment parent type as opposed to shoving bible verses down my kids throats and hitting them with plumbing lines, but leaving out the religion aspects I do have a fair bit in common. Modestly dressed, cook from scratch, grow stuff, sew, knit, crochet. I have homeschooled too though only for a year.

Clibby, what is the name of your blog? I'd love to read it.

I *LOVE* Pleasant View Schoolhouse. I love all of the recipes and the goodies she finds at the thrift shop. Never happens for me. All I find are dinged-up Foreigner 8-tracks, dog-eared Nora Roberts novels, and faded tee shirts from the early 90s featuring grumpy Looney Tunes characters. Her kids look like models too. I hope my house can be like that one day, spotless vintage with well-mannered kiddos who get all A's.

I love the crafting as I'm a crafter myself. I also like the home cooking and modest fashion aspect as I'm pretty crunchy myself. I do think it is quite amazing really what us crunchy hippy(ish) types have with some of the fundie blogs. I'm as atheist as they come and am an attachment parent type as opposed to shoving bible verses down my kids throats and hitting them with plumbing lines, but leaving out the religion aspects I do have a fair bit in common. Modestly dressed, cook from scratch, grow stuff, sew, knit, crochet. I have homeschooled too though only for a year.

Clibby, what is the name of your blog? I'd love to read it.

http://empressofgoodwill.blogspot.com/ It is mostly about Goodwill fashion and not exciting. I only talk and show a few pics of homeschooling and none of crafts and I don't think recipes(It was going to be my Goodwill fashion blog but its morphing). I am trying to get better at posting more often, maybe after this extremely busy weekend things settle a bit...

http://empressofgoodwill.blogspot.com/ It is mostly about Goodwill fashion and not exciting.

Clibby, I'm a Goodwill shopper too. and I'm over 65 so Wednesdays I get 25% off. I cannot believe the good clothes you can find at Goodwill. Once in awhile I buy at Kohl's on sale, otherwise it's strictly Goodwill.

Very cool cat.

edited to add about cat,

Archived