IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

Dear Sierra,

I know motherhood isn’t easy, but you know what?  I don’t fucking complain about it all the time.  I just can’t with people who have a crap ton of kids, and then remind you every two seconds they have a crap ton of kids.  Don’t want to use family planning?  Fine, but you need to own your choices and stop playing the ‘mommy martyr’ card.  

• Upvote 30
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

I'm not mom judging here, really I'm not, but if you're hot, sweaty,  tired and irritable,  chances are your kids are too.  I'm sure they don't want to be dragged through a farmers' market on a hot, humid day, much less be lined up and posed for pictures.  You have 6 of them, you know what to expect.   

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Maybe the kids thought it was fun maybe not but my issue is ... if you are going to take your children to do something just enjoy it with them.  Kids tend to like new experiences even if they don't enjoy it in the way you think they "should" Being irritated and crabby just ruins it for everyone and you may as well not go. I have a personal pet peave about this. For exsample when people take their kid to the zoo then get mad that they get tired and want carried, wanna ride the rides, and beg for things from the gift shop and they are just doing kid things and the parents get bent out of shape and start arguing with them and threatening to go home. You know all this will happen it's fine just prepare them for what you can afford and decide the best way to handle it and teach them the Day doesn't have to be perfect for it to be fun. You can move on from melt downs and disappointments don't have to dwell in it. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Dear Sierra,

I know motherhood isn’t easy, but you know what?  I don’t fucking complain about it all the time.  I just can’t with people who have a crap ton of kids, and then remind you every two seconds they have a crap ton of kids.  Don’t want to use family planning?  Fine, but you need to own your choices and stop playing the ‘mommy martyr’ card.  

does she want me to complain about my job because this is her job....

the printer / copier broke and can't be fixed and the office has to buy a new one.  And how long does that take when deadline are looming....2 -3 weeks. 

meanwhile deadlines are never ending and I need the copier / printer to do my job.

She needs to shut up. 

and did i mention the copier/ printer broke...and my boss is going away for 3 weeks. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Maybe the kids thought it was fun maybe not but my issue is ... if you are going to take your children to do something just enjoy it with them.  Kids tend to like new experiences even if they don't enjoy it in the way you think they "should" Being irritated and crabby just ruins it for everyone and you may as well not go. I have a personal pet peave about this. For exsample when people take their kid to the zoo then get mad that they get tired and want carried, wanna ride the rides, and beg for things from the gift shop and they are just doing kid things and the parents get bent out of shape and start arguing with them and threatening to go home. You know all this will happen it's fine just prepare them for what you can afford and decide the best way to handle it and teach them the Day doesn't have to be perfect for it to be fun. You can move on from melt downs and disappointments don't have to dwell in it. 

i think sierra thinks the picture is more important than the experience. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14

11 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

You know all this will happen it's fine just prepare them for what you can afford and decide the best way to handle it and teach them the Day doesn't have to be perfect for it to be fun. You can move on from melt downs and disappointments don't have to dwell in it. 

This is for everyone, even if you have only one child. With my kids and now with my grandkids I found that by preparing them ahead of time about how money will be spent, if any at all, the outing is much nicer for everyone. Same for holding my hand in the parking lot, dashing down an aisle in Home Depot, etc. I sorely regret it when I forget to prepare the kids(s) for what is coming ahead. I'm always learning. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I have no sympathy for these women who just keep having baby after baby even when they know they are in over their heads.  She can't deal with the 6 she has so she goes and has another one.  

I can't help but think she isn't shooting for her own TLC show to help support their income.  notice how she had her kids lined up one by one in a nice long line, that screams "Look at me!  Look at all my bay bays" while rubbing her big pregnant belly. :pb_rollseyes: 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

and Sierra one more thing and I think I mentioned this somewhere

I am working for a female priest 

how does that grab you ? 

cover your eyes yet

Edited by nst
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have no sympathy for these women who just keep having baby after baby even when they know they are in over their heads.  She can't deal with the 6 she has so she goes and has another one.  

also, no one is forcing her to homeschool her litter. Her 2 oldest boys could be in school, learning to function in modern society, and she'd have 2 less unhappy kids to drag around on errands every day.

PS Sierra I am a product of public schools, and didn't turn out to be an atheist communist.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

On a personal note, thanks for the advice you gave Sierra here.  I only have 2 (because oh, I know my fucking limits). I do a lot with the kids... and I work an hour from home full time.   So when I take them out, and they’re whining or tired or want to be carried, it is frustrating.  I’ve felt this a lot lately. But you bring up some good points - telling the kids ahead of time they won’t get 100 things in the gift shop even if “they don’t have one of those”, or just generally setting expectations... I will have to do better with that. 

I chose to only have two (of my own) because I want them to have the best of what I felt we could offer.  And that includes my patience.  

Also I don’t have social media to post cutesy pictures and beg for compliments at my massive sacrifice.  

• Upvote 14

Looking through her Instagram, I saw the mother’s day post.  Interesting. For each kid she wrote a “personalized” note with the same message, “If it wasn’t for YOU, I wouldn’t get to ‘celebrate’ today. I (heart) you! (Heart), Momma”

1) not sure why she put ‘ around the word “celebrate”. Maybe she was really being sarcastic. Haha. 

2) then she had a “fun survey” for some of the kids (I assume the ones who can read/write). The survey is like the ones my kids’ teachers have them do for me (my mom is (blank) years old.  She likes to (blank).).  I think they’re hilarious, but something is a little weird when it’s your own mom having you fill it out.  

Spoiler

0165E264-752E-4221-9C96-67CCC0118160.thumb.png.e0e944f2919d54615b2b22544771c18e.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

PS Sierra I am a product of public schools, and didn't turn out to be an atheist communist.

I too am a public school survivor who still believes in God, I'm not a communist AND I even went to a 4 year STATE university!  I then went on to marry and have kids and stay home with them, raised them in a nondenominational bible church, and even sent THEM to public schools.  Where they both still believe in God, and are now attending STATE schools, 1 at a local community college and 1 at a 4 year uni. GASP! the GIRL child is at the 4 year school because she wants to be a dentist, GAH SCIENCE classes :smiley-signs136:

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 3

In my opinion only...She strikes me as wishing she had reality tv money (don't we all) but she doesn't so she might be struggling with this "choose joy, keep marching, speak life" lifestyle she peddles to others. Will we see a "Team DoJo" show someday on UP? Who knows. 

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Sign that you’re in a cult...she Sierra D’s life!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

That text to her husband reads like a cry for help. If I sent that to my husband I'd be hoping he'd call me to see if I was ok and if he needed to come home. I realise she's chosen to have this many kids but, like @AtlanticTug said, I'm concerned for her mental well-being.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

4 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

That text to her husband reads like a cry for help. If I sent that to my husband I'd be hoping he'd call me to see if I was ok and if he needed to come home. I realise she's chosen to have this many kids but, like @AtlanticTug said, I'm concerned for her mental well-being.

I'd love to know if one of them wants the quiverfull of kids more than the other

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

Sierra pisses me off, but I agree her text was a clear cry for help, with a little guilt trip thrown in.  I wonder if it’s Sierra or Mark (maybe both?) that keeps the baby train rolling...they are playing a dangerous game with Sierra’s health, not to mention they are a financial train wreck waiting to happen.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

Phew, that's a doozy of a text.  I can understand being at your limit with the kids and needing to vent to your husband. Just typing out a text can be somewhat of a relief.  I've felt that paradox before.  You want to text your husband and let him know how frustrated and spent you are ,and to just type it out makes you feel better, but then you feel guilty because it seems like you're complaining so you add the brave, grateful, blessings blah blah blah stuff.   But.....then posting your text on IG??   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

And ending the crazy text with "I am praying for your sales" is putting a shit ton of pressure on him, IMO.

Soon to be seven kids on a furniture salesman's salary and laundry room breakdowning all over IG. Yikes.

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

I honestly believe that things like 'laundry room meldowns' are God's way of saying, it's time to stop having children.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 28
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

I honestly believe that things like 'laundry room meldowns' are God's way of saying, it's time to stop having children.  

I know a couple that used to be quiverful, they stopped at 6 kids because she was at her breaking point,  Their oldest child has Downs and is profoundly mentally disabled, she's 25 now and has the maturity of a 4 year old, she is deaf and has a myriad of other health conditions, she wasn't expected to live this long.  She did have to be institutionalized 2 years ago after her mom had a heart attack (at 43) from the stress of caring for her and their other 5 children, whom were all home schooled, the youngest is 16 now and will be 17 at the end of the year and will graduate next spring.  She had 6 kids in 8 years, she did want more initially but her oldest was just so much work, that she and her husband realized in order for ALL their kids to get the attention they deserved, they had to stop having them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 13

Sierra isn't getting pregnant on her own. Hell, she isn't even the one who got them into the QF movement in the first place. It drives me nuts when people assume the husbands (who are the ones who signed up to have a bajillion kids relying on their one income) aren't equally to blame because they're not the ones doing the social media management. Mark needs to wrap it up. 

Edited by FecundFundieFundus
  • Upvote 25
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I too am a public school survivor who still believes in God, I'm not a communist AND I even went to a 4 year STATE university!  I then went on to marry and have kids and stay home with them, raised them in a nondenominational bible church, and even sent THEM to public schools.  Where they both still believe in God, and are now attending STATE schools, 1 at a local community college and 1 at a 4 year uni. GASP! the GIRL child is at the 4 year school because she wants to be a dentist, GAH SCIENCE classes :smiley-signs136:

I call bullshit.  Tag “#choosejoy #speaklife” or it didn’t happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

@OhNoNike the 'celebrate' is actually little confetti marks all around the word celebrate :)

Sierra herself is a product of the public school system. I don't remember the specifics of her testimony blog, but I know she claims to have gone on a wayward path which she was still on when Mark started coming in to the blockbuster (family video?) where she worked. I believe she was 18-20 at that time? Perhaps she felt her associations through school were part of what led her away from church for a time.

I understand why many parents may find it scary to think about their kids in middle/high school with so many influences around them and choices available to them. I don't think cloistering them is the solution, but even if you did, I will never understand why they can't at least go to organized elementary school. You're not even learning anything too scientific until maybe 5th grade, so there wouldn't be a chance of radicalization away from new earth creationism! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic