IGNORED

Sierra 2: Pregnancy Rumors Again?

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

My in laws voted for you-know-who. My immediate family ended up benefiting from the tax fuckery and got a larger return (than we deserve or need- fix the damn bridges! Feed the hungry! Burn the concentration camps to the ground!) while the in laws owed more than they were used to and were pretty upset. It was hard not to make a comment about crab buckets. 

This is the (unintentionally) funniest thing about Trump voters - the cognitive dissonance required in order to not recognize that the people who benefited the most from tax cuts are the exact same "elites" (many of which are the definition of urban, liberal elites) which are meant to be drained from the swamp, allegedly. So thanks, MAGA voters, for all the $ we got back!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

My in laws voted for you-know-who. My immediate family ended up benefiting from the tax fuckery and got a larger return (than we deserve or need- fix the damn bridges! Feed the hungry! Burn the concentration camps to the ground!) while the in laws owed more than they were used to and were pretty upset. It was hard not to make a comment about crab buckets. 

Guaranteed it was Obama’s fault. 

• Haha 13
  • Love 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:54 AM, OhNoNike said:

Guaranteed it was Obama’s fault. 

All Dems stopping Heroic Man of the People Trump from fulfilling his promises. They make me tired. 

Also making me tired? Spray painting a scale football field on the lawn, complete with team logo. I admire their dedication but just looking at her that pregnant working outside made me want to take a nap. 

Making me gag is Kristen. Fundies puttin me through the wringer today, man. Screenshot_20190730-194300.thumb.png.1655c62d533dedb2948422b93e9bb509.png

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

56 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

All Dems stopping Heroic Man of the People Trump from fulfilling his promises. They make me tired. 

Also making me tired? Spray painting a scale football field on the lawn, complete with team logo. I admire their dedication but just looking at her that pregnant working outside made me want to take a nap. 

Making me gag is Kristen. Fundies puttin me through the wringer today, man. Screenshot_20190730-194300.thumb.png.1655c62d533dedb2948422b93e9bb509.png

Funny. Mine and I take vacations a few times a year and yet somehow I still only have cats.

Then again, I am an ebil heathen that takes this magical pill the ebil doctors invented.

P.S.

Sierra: You too can have a monthly pack of these magical pills; you might consider looking into them.

• Upvote 22
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

The funniest thing about fundies to me is how often they brag about being sexually active. I get that the majority of them had to wait until they were married adults to have sex but they boast about having sex the way my friends and I did in high school when we wanted everyone to know we were finally having sex.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

I saw on Sierra's insta stories yesterday that she was waiting at a shop because she failed her glucose test- as a person who has not been pregnant, what does that mean? Is that something that would be related to her other health issues that she's mentioned or is it unrelated?

38 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

The funniest thing about fundies to me is how often they brag about being sexually active. I get that the majority of them had to wait until they were married adults to have sex but they boast about having sex the way my friends and I did in high school when we wanted everyone to know we were finally having sex.

Not just sex, but kissing! I’ve always found their constant boasting about kissing absolutely hilarious, in large part because they obviously don’t realize how weird it is and that the fact they kiss their spouse is completely unexceptional and uninteresting to the rest of society.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Cat Damon said:

I saw on Sierra's insta stories yesterday that she was waiting at a shop because she failed her glucose test- as a person who has not been pregnant, what does that mean? Is that something that would be related to her other health issues that she's mentioned or is it unrelated?

It could mean that she has gestational diabetes and it could mean nothing. If you fail the first test they bring you back for a second longer test, if you fail that one then I think they’re escalate it but I’m not certain how because I’ve never failed one.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

27 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

It could mean that she has gestational diabetes and it could mean nothing. If you fail the first test they bring you back for a second longer test, if you fail that one then I think they’re escalate it but I’m not certain how because I’ve never failed one.

If you fail the second one, the three hour test, you're generally considered to have gestational diabetes. I had it with both of my pregnancies. The first time I could control it with just diet and exercise, the second time I needed insulin at bedtime to control it for the last three months.

For Sierra and her family's sake, I hope she passes her second glucose test. I don't think she could handle the additional stress of managing gestational diabetes.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 6

Sierra really needs to watch her health if she has GD...it can harm your kidneys if not controlled, and she only has one kidney.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Geez, Kristin "Tacos 4 Life" Young is how old? 27?  And her younger kid is only 13 months old.  Hope she realizes that life is going to be much less Instragrammably Cute if she keeps on popping out kids.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Not just sex, but kissing! I’ve always found their constant boasting about kissing absolutely hilarious, in large part because they obviously don’t realize how weird it is and that the fact they kiss their spouse is completely unexceptional and uninteresting to the rest of society.

Every time they do that it makes me think of that line from Golden Girls when Rose says in her experience the people who are having sex don't brag about it 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Random comment but my mum had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me. She’s never really mentioned it beyond just stating that she had it. I’ve never asked her about it. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Sierra really needs to watch her health if she has GD...it can harm your kidneys if not controlled, and she only has one kidney.

I missed this, do we know why she only has one kidney? 

• Upvote 2

Someday, Sierra, your kids will be old enough to look at your Instagram posts and they'll see everything you wrote about how annoying and exhausting you found them. Hopefully they'll overlook that for the "But it's totally worth it!" sentiments you squeeze in.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Wow that is the most resentful "happy" mom post ever. 

1. If the gift of your time is soooo important maybe you should inlybgave as many kids as you can pay attention to regularly. 

2. Just enjoy doing something with your kids. Why does it matter they pick the polish off and you vacuum beads up. My son LOVES base ball like plays hours a day. I am not a sports person and neither is my husband but we like playing with him because he enjoys it. Something doesn't have to be your favorite activity to enjoy it with another person. 

3. Your "braving" taking on 3 of your kids? If you have to think about taking 1/2 if your kids to do something enjoyable maybe you're not cut out for having as many as you do. 

4. Spending time with your kids is great but y'all don't deserve a metal you should WANT to do it. 

5. I just want to re write this bull shit like a normal person because I'm pregnant and feeling especially hormonal: 

"Last week while Mark took the 3 oldest kids to sliver dollar city for some daddy time I got to have a little girl time with our daughters while Brooks napped ?. We made each other bracelets and did our nails! 

Having 6 almost 7 kids we treasure moments like these, where we get to have more individualized time.

Even if that means vacuuming up beads for days ?"

Skip that whole weird tangent about sports highlights and doing things we don't like to do ? 

Ugh posts like that are so triggering for me my mom was very similar and trust me I knew she was doing things justvto make herself look good not because she wanted to spend time with me. 

End rant, thanks for coming to my ted talk ?

• Upvote 22
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

My read on Sierra is not so much that she's only doing this stuff to look good, but she's trying really really hard to do the 'right' thing, despite being utterly miserable and hating it. I feel deeply sorry for her, as she'd probably be a pretty happy mother if her kids went to school/daycare, and she had a job. My sense is that's she's trapped and depressed, but thinks that it will all get better if she just follows the fundie SAHM rules. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 9

I cannot stand Sierra and Kristen. They are so over the top dramatic with their "choose joy" and "keep marching" BS. As if they are some special snowflake warriors or Rufus knows what else. I even find their IG pages annoying. Honestly, I see nothing in their lives that can be seen as 'inspirational'.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I missed this, do we know why she only has one kidney? 

She mentioned it on IG shortly after she had Edyn, because she was hospitalized with a kidney infection.

• Thank You 9

That's one of her least cry-for-helpy posts IMO. And honestly... I think it's sweet? I find myself doing that a lot- thinking how much I'm going to hate a project/show/event, but knowing one of the sprouts will get a kick out of it and planning it, then forgetting how much I dislike the activity because it's hard to not have fun when kids you love are overjoyed. Same with releasing personal peeves (mixing play dough colors. I HATE IT. I just give it to them and walk away because I still hate it after these years and don't want to unconsciously make them less happy with their play). 

It's not very common for parents- let alone FUNDIE parents- to acknowledge the way parenting is a two way street. Our kids aren't just takers, they give back to us in ways that adults don't always recognize. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I actually found this post relatable too.

Overall in a general sense, only the martyr-tone of Sierra's posts annoy me. I'm a paid stay at home mom (nanny) and I totally bitch about my job even though I like it. EVERYBODY bitches about their job, and this is Sierra's job. I don't do it on social media much, but I can see that's Sierra's way of reaching out for help. (Also, in general, I've noticed stay at home moms reach out on social media A LOT and OVERSHARE). She doesn't have coworkers and doesn't seem to have people she sees regularly on a daily or weekly base.

This woman sounds close to a breakdown often, so I hope she is getting the responses she needs from her followers to make it through the day until they use birth control.

• Upvote 12

On 7/23/2019 at 10:14 PM, Audrey2 said:

again SIERRA bring it... 

does she want me to bitch about the fact that the copier guy couldn't figure out how to print something new on the new printer that I had to print out TODAY ....and i had like 4 people in the office all talking to me in a space of an hour, while I looked around wondering WTF ...

and then when the copier guy left, i discovered he disconnected the phone system for the entire church 

and what did I do. I sat back and laughed. Eventually it worked again. 

Sierra suck it up 

and Sierra sweetie i get a three day break because it's BC Day ...

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

If this was the ONLY “this type of post” she wrote, I wouldn’t think too much. But every single one of her posts shows the hard, real, sad, overwhelming, bad parts of her version of motherhood. She’s always complaining. She’s always struggling. I won’t even say she’s being dramatic because I believe life with 6 kids, soon to be 7 under 10, really is that hard.  I get that is good and honest to not show the perfect, polished life but if she’s complaining this much in public, what’s life like behind closed doors? Or even worse, what’s life like in Sierra’s head?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

If this was the ONLY “this type of post” she wrote, I wouldn’t think too much. But every single one of her posts shows the hard, real, sad, overwhelming, bad parts of her version of motherhood. She’s always complaining. She’s always struggling. I won’t even say she’s being dramatic because I believe life with 6 kids, soon to be 7 under 10, really is that hard.  I get that is good and honest to not show the perfect, polished life but if she’s complaining this much in public, what’s life like behind closed doors? Or even worse, what’s life like in Sierra’s head?

Exactly. It wouldn’t bother me if this wasn’t a pretty established pattern with her posts, but it is. I have no doubt that life is genuinely difficult for her on a regular basis, but most rational people would take a look at their choices and try making changes to improve their quality of life. Sierra and Mark haven’t done that though. They continue making the same choices that have led Sierra to sounding like she’s constantly miserable with the life she chose. 

I’m a SAHM myself. I get how truly isolating, thankless, and difficult a job it can be even when it’s also something you love doing. And I do think it’s a positive thing to let those frustrations out when you need to because it helps to paint a more realistic picture of what being a SAHP is like. But I really don’t feel badly for them at this point because they continue making the same choices that led them to this point. I do feel badly for their kids though. I think it’s clear Sierra is trying her best, but I have to wonder what everyday life is like for them when their mom comes across as that miserable publicly. 

• Upvote 16

you know what else is isolating being an artist. Now that is isolating.

so what did I do I got a job because who wants to be isolated?

She needs to send the kids to school. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic