IGNORED

Has Anyone Seen Ghouliani Sober?

AmazonGrace

This wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't still practicing law at his age. Maybe it's young for a lawyer to retire, but If I had his career, I would hope to quit at say 75. 

I was talking to someone today and she thinks Giuliani is an attention-seeker.  

It's also worth-noting that he's only been suspended, not disbarred.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't still practicing law at his age. Maybe it's young for a lawyer to retire, but If I had his career, I would hope to quit at say 75. 

I was talking to someone today and she thinks Giuliani is an attention-seeker.  

It's also worth-noting that he's only been suspended, not disbarred.

Yeah I noticed that too.  I think they would have wanted to make the suspension more permanent but the NY bar system has a process to follow and they need to follow that in order for the removal of Ghouliani from the profession to stick.  But they concluded the guy represented such a danger that they did an interim suspension just to get him out of the building, as it were, until the process can play out. 

• Upvote 11

A good Rudy supercut:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3

Ugh.  Ghouliani is still a member of the DC bar in good standing.

Rudy Giuliani lost his New York law license on Thursday, but he remains a member in good standing of the DC Bar.

DC Bar records show that Giuliani was admitted to the bar here in 1976 and remains a member “in good standing.” Though Giuliani is listed as “inactive”—meaning he does not actually practice law in DC—he is still eligible to practice here if he wants to. According to the DC Bar’s rules, “inactive members have been admitted to the D.C. Bar and are eligible for active membership but do not practice, or in any way hold themselves out as licensed to practice, in the District of Columbia.” To become “active,” Giuliani would need to file a written request and begin paying dues.

The disciplinary counsel can't comment on whether or not there's any proceedings underway against the Ghoul or if there's some sort of reciprocity since he was suspended in NY.  I imagine though if he wanted to go active in DC he'd have to report the disciplinary action in NY and they'd take a hard look at that before making him active again.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

Jonathan Turley has a sad that Herr Ghoul has been suspended.

The 33-page opinion is damning and embarrassing; in all likelihood, it will result in Giuliani’s eventual disbarment. It also is deeply concerning in its heavy reliance on Giuliani’s statements out of court. While lawyers have been disciplined for out-of-court statements in some cases, this suspension seems primarily a judgment on Giuliani’s public advocacy. The court states that when he uses “his large megaphone, the harm is magnified. ... One only has to look at the ongoing present public discord over the 2020 election, which erupted into violence, insurrection and death on January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol, to understand the extent of the damage that can be done when the public is misled by false information about the elections. The AGC [Attorney Grievance Committee] contends that respondent's misconduct directly inflamed tensions that bubbled over into the events of January 6, 2021 in this nation's Capitol.”

Such rhetoric leaves the impression that the investigators and the court itself were eager to impose judgment on Giuliani for the Capitol riot and other unrest through a bar action. In an actual case for incitement, such a causal connection would be rejected by any court as a violation of free speech. Many lawyers can be accused of fanning unrest or even violence, in cities ranging from Washington, D.C., to Portland, Ore., through their declarations on subjects ranging from police shootings to election fraud.

Likewise, Democratic members of Congress, attorneys representing Democratic campaigns and lawyers serving as legal analysts on television have challenged presidential elections regularly and unsuccessfully, including challenges made at the certification of the votes before Congress. Many refused to recognize the legitimacy of Trump's presidency following the 2016 election and made elaborately argued but ultimately false claims alleging, among other things, collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. This included lawyers who were accused of lying to the public, the media and even Congress in major controversies. Yet there was no cry to disbar the lawyers and members of Congress behind those claims or challenges.

The fact is that many reckless statements are made by lawyers about elections and other controversies. Even President Biden has been confronted over his false statements about Georgia's election law; rather than correct his claims, he has continued to repeat them — just as the court cited Giuliani for doing, outside of court.

What kind of fantasy world is this idiot living in?  This is the biggest stinking pile of both sides do it and what about-ism bullshit I've read in quite a while. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ghouliani has also been suspended in DC. 

Rudy Giuliani's law license has been suspended in Washington, DC, after he temporarily lost his license in New York for pushing election lies and that state court system looks further into his case

The appeals court in DC said Giuliani would be suspended from working as an attorney in the city "pending outcome" of his situation in New York, according to disciplinary court records.

Good.

Fornicate that bastard. 

I hope he never practices law again.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Here's the full order from the DC bar suspending Ghouliani.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

'Drinking too much' Rudy Giuliani hatched Trump’s ‘big lie’ on Election Night: new book

A new book appears to detail the genesis of former president Donald Trump's "big lie," in which he has falsely claimed that he won the November 2020 election.

The Washington Post on Tuesday morning published an excerpt from the book, "I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump's Catastrophic Final Year," by Carol D. Leonnig and Philip Rucker.

According to the excerpt, the big lie was effectively started by Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, who had set up his own command post inside the White House on Election Night.

"After a while, Rudy Giuliani started to cause a commotion," according to the book. "He was telling other guests that he had come up with a strategy for Trump and was trying to get into the president's private quarters to tell him about it. Some people thought Giuliani may have been drinking too much and suggested to (campaign manager Bill) Stepien that he go talk to the former New York mayor. Stepien, (chief of staff Mark) Meadows and Jason Miller took Giuliani down to a room just off the Map Room to hear him out."

In that meeting, Giuliani reportedly went state by state asking Stepien, Meadows and Miller about the latest results. When they responded that Michigan was too early to call because votes were still coming in, Giuilani responded: "Just say we won."

Same with Pennsylvania: "Just say we won," Giuliani said.

"Giuliani's grand plan was to just say Trump won, state after state, based on nothing. Stepien, Miller and Meadows thought his argument was both incoherent and irresponsible," according to the book.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 2

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Giuliani reportedly went state by state asking Stepien, Meadows and Miller about the latest results. When they responded that Michigan was too early to call because votes were still coming in, Giuilani responded: "Just say we won."

Same with Pennsylvania: "Just say we won," Giuliani said.

"Giuliani's grand plan was to just say Trump won, state after state, based on nothing. Stepien, Miller and Meadows thought his argument was both incoherent and irresponsible,"

Well it worked on Leverage.

Spoiler

You know, the fictional team of former bad guys using their unique skills to help the underdogs of the world.  

They went to the fictional country of San Lorenzo and stole the election by faking the assination of the fake fiance of the good guy, while claiming that the good guy won and the bad (corrupt) guy lost.  

As they pointed out to the bad guy, it didn't matter who won, he was now suspected to be the man who ordered the hit on the country's lovely new first lady.  Hanging on to his job would now be a never-ending battle.  He preferred to concede the election and retire to his villa in the country with a generous pension.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Huh, I distinctly remember Trump and his allies pushing election fraud several months before the elections. Trump was decrying mail in ballots as fraudulent in June of last year. Heck, he was claiming election fraud before the 2016 elections too, and even instated a committee to look into it after he won (they came up with nothing).

So although I can believe Giuliani doing and saying the things the book claims, it’s verifiably untrue that he came up with the big lie on election night 2020. And I take umbrage with that, as it makes the big lie seem like a spur of the moment thing, whilst it was most decidedly a well thought out strategy that stems from years ago. The big lie is much more egregious than a drunken Giuliani’s ramblings being picked up as an idea to deny Biden’s win.

• Upvote 14

On 7/13/2021 at 7:05 PM, Flossie said:

Well it worked on Leverage.

Hide contents

You know, the fictional team of former bad guys using their unique skills to help the underdogs of the world.  

They went to the fictional country of San Lorenzo and stole the election by faking the assination of the fake fiance of the good guy, while claiming that the good guy won and the bad (corrupt) guy lost.  

As they pointed out to the bad guy, it didn't matter who won, he was now suspected to be the man who ordered the hit on the country's lovely new first lady.  Hanging on to his job would now be a never-ending battle.  He preferred to concede the election and retire to his villa in the country with a generous pension.

I love that episode. I think of it every election. The "scandel" they come up with for the bad guy since everyone already knows he's corrupt? Dog fighting. Eliot holding up the cutest puppy while claiming that dogs are being made to fight to the death in the presidental palace including ones as little as the puppy. Although he does say the President (the bad guy) wasn't there to watch the dog fights. He was home and aware they were happening. Even the bad guy's helper Moreau can't help but laugh at that lie. 

• Upvote 2

Don't forget the accusations of child labor violations.  When a child screamed and hid behind his mother at the mere sight of President Ribera, his expression was hilarious.  He was stunned and embarrassed, and I think there were also some hurt feelings there.

President Ribera didn't mind people knowing he was corrupt, he seemed to think it par for the course for such a small country, and the population did have a pretty good standard of living, so he felt that a bit of international corruption wasn't a big deal with the people.  But he couldn't stand the thought that people believed him capable of hurting puppies and children.  He had standards, dammit!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, Rudy would be happy to go to jail as an innocent man.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 6

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Good news, Rudy would be happy to go to jail as an innocent man.

Even better news: this means Rudy knows there is so much evidence of his guilt that he himself is convinced he will be sent to jail.

• Upvote 8

Ghouliani tried to make a propaganda film.  Operative word is tried.

Last year, after Rudy Giuliani’s effort to dig up dirt on Joe Biden in Ukraine had already helped lead to the impeachment of his client, President Donald Trump, Giuliani continued the effort. The former New York mayor joined with George Dickson III, the owner of California cannabis and earthquake warning businesses, to try to produce a documentary advancing discredited allegations about Joe and Hunter Biden’s involvement in Ukraine during the Obama administration. The would-be producers wanted to help Trump. And they also wanted to make money, people involved in the project said, plotting ways to profit off material they had assembled. 

The venture produced no movie, only about 15 minutes of notably low-quality footage. And now the FBI is investigating the project, according to two people Dickson told about the probe.

The investigation appears tied to an ongoing federal probe into whether Giuliani violated foreign lobbying laws by working on behalf of a Ukrainian prosecutor. Mother Jones first reported that the FBI had searched Dickson’s home in June. Now, the revelation that the bureau is examining Giuliani’s abortive film suggests that the federal investigation into Giuliani’s actions in 2020 is broader than previously known.

Three people involved in the film project described it to Mother Jones as incompetent and scrambled, with the producers squabbling over money and unable to commit to a line of inquiry. “They couldn’t get their shit together,” said Matthew Galvin, a California video producer whom Dickson hired to work on the effort. “They were always distracted.”

I bet Manos: The Hands of Fate would be a cinematic masterpiece compared to what aformentioned ghoul threw together.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Ghouliani tried to make a propaganda film.  Operative word is tried.

I bet Manos: The Hands of Fate would be a cinematic masterpiece compared to what aformentioned ghoul threw together.

So how do we get Joel and the rest of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Gang to MST3K that 15 minutes of footage up?  It would be GLORIOUS!  

• Haha 10

I'm reading Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency and no, not too many people have seen Giuliani sober.  He's constantly soused. Nobody wanted him around in the final days of the Trump presidency and post presidency because he's always drunk,  farts constantly and is a total chaos machine.  

That said, he's a desperate attention whore and a sub genius at working his way back into Trump's graces by making statements that Trump wants to hear after causing so much trouble that he's been shut out. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

@Howl, I’m reading it too(I’m up to the day before January 6th).  I got a kick out of the theory that TFG may have gotten COVID from one of Rudy’s farts. 💨 

(When I’m done with that, I have I Alone Can Fix It next in line, and Frankly, We Did Win This Election is still on backorder.)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 7

DC says nope to Rudy getting his license back. 

Prominent Trump ally Rudy Giuliani has now lost an attempt to get his law license re-instated in Washington, D.C., where local authorities suspended him from practicing law shortly after authorities in New York took the same step.

The D.C. Court of Appeals delivered its rejection of Giuliani’s attempt to get his D.C. law license restored via a July 26 order. That D.C. court noted that the “New York court found uncontroverted facts establishing a basis for suspending [Giuliani] to protect the public.” Meanwhile, Giuliani’s lawyers revealed the existence of a formal D.C. investigation into Giuliani’s conduct in a prior filing in which they sought the opposite conclusion from the D.C. court.

D.C. authorities imposed the suspension of Giuliani’s law license on what is known as a “reciprocal” basis, meaning that they put the measure in place in response to the New York proceedings against Giuliani rather than in direct connection to the investigation in D.C. Besides the D.C. Court of Appeals’s recent rejection of Giuliani’s effort to get his local law license reinstated, the court also “allowed the D.C. ethics investigation to continue,” according to Reuters. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Rudy is trying to raise money. He would have to pay me more than $200 to listen to him.

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Rudy is trying to raise money. He would have to pay me more than $200 to listen to him.

LOL. Would be fun to send to people I despise. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

LOL. Would be fun to send to people I despise. 

If they could get him to do it outdoors on a hot day, it would be a great way for a garage to remind customers they are due for an oil change.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

If you were wondering if Rudy would put any effort in to trying to avoid being trolled, the answer is no

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

On 8/11/2021 at 9:47 AM, thoughtful said:

If they could get him to do it outdoors on a hot day, it would be a great way for a garage to remind customers they are due for an oil change.

Yep, at the Ritz-Carlton Jiffy Lube Shop!

[owned by Jimmy Ritz and Bob Carlton]

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic