IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

15 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Why wasn't Jill & Derick's honeymoon filmed?

not really sure. some theorize it was because Jill and Derick got a big trip paid for by the show and filmed when she went to Nepal to meet Derick. They could have wanted Privacy (That would be a shocker,) Or it could have just been because they went to the same place as Josh and Anna (I believe they did anyway.) so TLC didn't feel like taping it. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Agreed. We just booked tickets to Iceland and I neeeeeeeeeed to talk about it with FJers who've been there. lol

Beautiful, beautiful country.So much to see especially if you're into outdoor activities. If so, go when the weather is warmer and the days longer. We went in late September, early October and it rained a fair amount. It did not stop us though-

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If so, go when the weather is warmer and the days longer

Hah. No. We aren't that spendy. We're going in December! lol

Outdoor gear (windproof/waterproof) is now on my shopping list. :)

Despite my user name, I am not all wise (witness me being currently perplexed by the garage door opener light that won't work, but the door works fine and the curse of setting up the printer....) so @SapphireSlytherin or @Satan'sFortress do either of you know how to start a thread and where should it be located? 

21 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Despite my user name, I am not all wise (witness me being currently perplexed by the garage door opener light that won't work, but the door works fine and the curse of setting up the printer....) so @SapphireSlytherin or @Satan'sFortress do either of you know how to start a thread and where should it be located? 

I don't know how to start a topic like that.  I made a suggestion in the "suggestion box' section a while ago.

If it were up to me, i'd put it in the Worldly Distractions area.  :confusion-shrug:

13 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I don't know how to start a topic like that.  I made a suggestion in the "suggestion box' section a while ago.

If it were up to me, i'd put it in the Worldly Distractions area.  :confusion-shrug:

Found your suggestion and added on to it.

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

na we won't see them skiing. we already saw Austin and Joy doing that. I think TLC is trying their hardest not to do repeat activity's on honeymoons.  lets see Josh/Anna went to one of the Carolina's as did Jill and Derick. (but Jill and Derick's wasn't filmed) Jessa and Ben went to France and Rome. JInger and Jeremy went to Australia and were supposed to go to New Zealend but I believe weather stopped them.  Joy and Austin went to Sweden. Joe and Kendra Greece. Josiah and Lauren Austria. I guess Jabbie could go to Canada but if they do ski I again doubt we'll know about it. 

No, they never came to Sweden, or even Scandinavia. I don't think that any member of the family has ever been here. We're pagans who believe in stuff like LGTB-rights, so I guess we're not their primary honeymoon target :) If I remember correctly, Joy and Austin went to Switzerland. I remember them doing some paragliding in the alps. Si and Lauren went to Austria, so the alps are pretty much covered. 

I mean they went to Japan which certainly has no strict Christian tradition( one of the those countries where it was taking old at least first and then pretty much almost stopped)  and some very  Duggar unapproved traditions so Finland or Sweden  should not be a huge no. 

There's a Suggestion Box here??? Geeze. I had no idea. I rarely venture outside of the Duggar threads...

Still can’t believe they went to Vienna, I could literally have bumped into them on the street! If they went in the beginning of July, they would have missed most of the usual summer heat, the weather was really cold during that time. 

Travelwise I went to boarding school in Wales and just loved how green the country was. I went to Newcastle earlier this summer and was really surprised to see everything was quite dry, it didn’t even rain once during the week I spent there. I really want to go back again and see more of the country!

I’d also really love to go to HongKong but plane tickets are soooo expensive :/

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this already, but I just watched the episode where Josiah asks Lauren where she'd go if money wasn't an issue (a week after they started courting). She says Israel and he's surprised and pushes for her to say Austria. She says it would be second, but Israel first. My first thought was wow, did he already have the honeymoon planned at that point, and my second thought was why didn't they go to Israel then? Josiah couldn't even pronounce Austria so I doubt it was his dream to ever go. 

28 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this already, but I just watched the episode where Josiah asks Lauren where she'd go if money wasn't an issue (a week after they started courting). She says Israel and he's surprised and pushes for her to say Austria. She says it would be second, but Israel first. My first thought was wow, did he already have the honeymoon planned at that point, and my second thought was why didn't they go to Israel then? Josiah couldn't even pronounce Austria so I doubt it was his dream to ever go. 

no TLC probably already had the honeymoon planned and TLC has already taken the Duggar's to Israel and I guess they could have pulled a Joy and Austin and just went on their own dime not taped but I'm sure Siah didn't want to shell out for that. 

@SapphireSlytherin I went to Iceland in February during the winter and did a bunch of tours and whatnot- if you want to talk about what to do let me know! I’m happy to give pointers on car rentals and tours :my_biggrin:

14 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

I didn't realize Joy and Austin went to Israel on their own dime. I'm surprised. But I know it was never shown.

Okay maybe it wasn't there own dime. maybe whatever group they went with paid. I honestly don't know. but since it wasn't shown we know TLC didn't pay for it. 

Earlier this week, I had a dream where I was at a bar with a group of people that included Lauren and Josiah. In my dream, Lauren admitted to me she'd kissed boys before, but then was really nervous that Josiah might have heard her. Then, Lauren admitted her favorite movie was Back to the Future. Damn you, Duggars. Get out of my dreams!

9 hours ago, JessaBlessa said:

I didn't realize Joy and Austin went to Israel on their own dime. I'm surprised. But I know it was never shown.

They went with this group to tell the Jews about Jesus. :bangheaddesk:

On 8/17/2018 at 5:07 AM, CarrotCake said:

They went with this group to tell the Jews about Jesus. :bangheaddesk:

*whispers to fundies in Jew* we already know about him... :jawdrop:

On 8/9/2018 at 8:53 AM, Alisamer said:

(Snip)

I'm hoping soon to try and do more "tourist" things locally. I work in Charlotte, NC, and there are SO many museums and things here that I haven't been to yet. Asheville, Winston-Salem, and Greenville SC are all within range for day tri(Snip)

I love museums with history.   But can you just imagine Duggars at  the Museum of American History in NYC where there are (GASP!) dinosaurs and prehistoric men (cavemen) ????   

On 8/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

SNIP. I guess Jabbie could go to Canada but if they do ski I again doubt we'll know about it. 

We couldn't be allowed to see her in PANTS.   IT would be really weird for her to put a skirt on over ski pants.  

Just now, MoonFace said:

We couldn't be allowed to see her in PANTS.   IT would be really weird for her to put a skirt on over ski pants.  

she would just wear a skirt over pants the way Joy did when she was skiing. 

Did I misunderstand or did Josiah make mention that 'courting' was something new for Abbie and her family?    

11 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Did I misunderstand or did Josiah make mention that 'courting' was something new for Abbie and her family?    

oh first off you're mixing up partners. I know it can get confusing  when we thread drift to other couples in diffrent threads but Lauren is with Josiah. Abbie is John David's fiancee.  and yes Josiah said that Lauren's family was new to the courtship model. 

7 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

oh first off you're mixing up partners. I know it can get confusing  when we thread drift to other couples in diffrent threads but Lauren is with Josiah. Abbie is John David's fiancee.  and yes Josiah said that Lauren's family was new to the courtship model. 

Thank  you. 

So, I guess Lauren's parents dated.   I wonder how they feel about their daughter getting in to that cult?   (Must be ok if they moved near) 

Talk about sacrificing your kid..............

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived