IGNORED

Trump 33: Making Norman Bates Look Like a Choir Boy

Destiny

The Daily Mirror does not like the presidunce.

image.png.5a628a1eb72b07ea693b81a49629ddf9.png

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The British had a quite British response for fuck face

Donald Trump’s first visit to the UK is well underway and so is the carnival of resistance – a joyous series of marches and protests against the US president which are taking place across the country. 

As could be expected there have been some very creative – and exceedingly British – placards and banners on display. 

I think this one is my personal favorite;

Of course that would probably give the corgis nasty cases of the Hershey Squirts.

Why hasn't anyone actually asked this question?

Yeah, that's a million times worse than a 50 ton marshmallow.

A Scottish friend has just sent me this, live from the protests. I probably shouldn’t have laughed as hard as I did :pb_lol:

Spoiler

34EC424B-70E8-4BEA-A87E-95B389BE7431.thumb.jpeg.b73f89154f54e5ddd8c89d9b60cd25d3.jpeg

Oh, we do have a few cockwombles too. Just in case Trump was wondering how much the British love him, I think this sums it up 

Spoiler

EBE2C52F-E077-4C28-8861-62D46CE6283B.jpeg.fc2e7903a9b9045c32c1d2a46edf0cba.jpeg

I have to take back what I said in my previous post. Reporters at the NewYorker are asking the question!

“An Amateur Boxer Up Against Muhammad Ali”: Washington Fears Trump Will Be No Match for Putin in Helsinki

from the article:

[...] On Monday, in Helsinki, Trump will have his long-awaited summit with the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, a meeting he has personally pursued over the cautions of his advisers and despite the long political shadow of alleged Russian influence over his 2016 campaign. Beyond the allure of aggrandizement and President Trump’s affinity for the Russian strongman, why the meeting is taking place now remains a mystery. Is the purpose to discuss arms control? Syria? Ukraine? To rehash the 2016 election? Remarkably, it’s not clear, and that in and of itself marks this as a most unusual summit. In Brussels on Thursday, after two days of at times openly hostile meetings with his natoallies, Trump was asked whether he would consider scrapping military exercises in the Baltic states if Putin asked him on Monday to do so. “Perhaps we’ll talk about that,” he replied, to the great alarm and consternation of Europeans who had been publicly reassured by American officials that Trump would do no such thing. Who knows? Despite the buildup, the Helsinki summit, the President acknowledged, is just a “loose meeting.”

[...] Trump himself proposed the summit in a March phone call with the Russian leader, and, after the Kim summit, the President ordered members of his staff to prepare the Putin meeting, which many of them wanted to avoid. “There’s no stopping him,” a senior Administration official told me in June. “He wants to have a meeting with Putin, so he’s going to have a meeting with Putin.” 

[...] There is no agreed-upon substantive agenda for the meeting, as Trump himself confirmed on Thursday, and the session will take place only a couple weeks after the date was finalized. 

[...] I asked one former senior U.S. official, who speaks regularly with colleagues still in the government, to characterize the mood headed into Helsinki. “Apprehensive,” he said. A U.S. Ambassador to a nato ally added, “Everybody’s crossing their fingers and holding their breath.” 

[...] Needless to say, one preparatory trip, no formal agenda, and no “deliverables” is not normal for a summit between the heads of the world’s two biggest nuclear-armed nations. 

[...] Most of those I spoke with, Republican and Democrat alike, were resigned to Trump being outplayed by Putin, a view perhaps best summed up by a former State Department official who spent decades preparing meetings between U.S. and Russian leaders. “I’m afraid,” he told me, that “our guy here is like an amateur boxer going up against Muhammad Ali.”

May I say, I've discovered a new and deeper love for Scotland! Thank you for your protests, your love, and your support.

"Trump holes up at his Scottish golf resort, tweeting about Russia before next week’s Putin meeting"

Spoiler

TURNBERRY, Scotland — President Trump, at his luxury seaside golf course here, turned his eye to domestic politics Saturday morning — attacking former president Barack Obama, questioning the FBI, torching CNN and bragging about his 2016 win. 

With country roads to the golf course cordoned off and aides mum about the president’s activities on a sunny Saturday morning, he gave a glimpse into his mind around 11 a.m. local time. He also said on Twitter that he planned to golf. 

“The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration,” the president tweeted, about Friday’s federal indictments against 12 Russian intelligence agents charged with hacking into the Democratic National Committee servers and stealing emails.

Trump did not criticize the actions of the Russian spies or President Vladimir Putin, whom he will see Monday in Helsinki for a meeting and news conference that many of Trump’s advisers have warned against. He instead focused his criticism on Obama, as he did Friday when asked about Russia’s seizure of Crimea.

The president has resisted calls from some Democrats and Republicans to call off the Putin meeting after the indictments were handed up in Washington. Nor has the president outlined a comprehensive plan for what his administration will do to keep election interference from happening again. 

Trump was told before he left for Europe that the Justice Department planned to indict 12 Russian actors over the hack, but he still sounded positive notes about Putin and attacked the special counsel investigation during Friday’s news conference. 

He also offered an unsubstantiated theory he often repeats, questioning whether the hidden hand of the government was biased toward Democrats in 2016 and whether there was covert material on a Democratic server hacked by the Russians. 

“Where is the DNC Server, and why didn’t the FBI take possession of it? Deep State?” he asked on Twitter, using a favored term among conservatives for a cabal of nonelected bureaucrats and officials they say is working to undermine elected representatives. 

The president then tweeted that he turned on CNN on his television set at the Trump Turnberry resort, saying he was allowing himself a rare viewing “to see if they covered my takedown yesterday of Jim Acosta (actually a nice guy).”

The president squabbled with Acosta, a White House reporter for the network, at a news conference Friday at the British prime minister’s country estate.

He did not answer when Acosta shouted questions during the news conference and instead called Acosta “fake news,” before turning to a reporter from Fox News. 

“Remember, it was Little Jeff Z and his people, who are told exactly what to say, who said I could not win the election in that ‘there was no way to 270’ (over & over again) in the Electoral College. I got 306! They were sooooo wrong in their election coverage. Still hurting!” Trump wrote.

“Little Jeff Z” appeared to refer to Jeff Zucker, the CNN president. Trump often likes to remind people that he was elected president over Hillary Clinton. 

The president has spent the past four days haranguing allies to spend more on defense at NATO and alternately criticizing and praising British Prime Minister Theresa May.

But domestic politics have never been far from Trump’s mind as he has zagged Europe. He has frequently criticized Obama — an unusual move for U.S. presidents on foreign soil — and continued apace with his attacks on the news media. He has tweeted about Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the FBI figures who were having an affair and whose text messages have given fodder to critics of the Mueller probe. Both testified days ago in front of Congress.

The trip to his golf course seemed part relaxation, part plug for a property struggling to turn a profit. During his news conferences, Trump has mentioned the resort by name several times. He called it “incredible.”

Trump hit the links Saturday, playing the course using a golf cart, which he drove. Most players at Turnberry, unless they have a note from their doctor, are required to walk the course, though they can hire caddies to wheel their bags of clubs.

He was also expected to see the burial grounds of ancestors in Scotland, aides said.

It was an odd scene, with Scottish police standing sentry in the dunes and along the fairways of the seaside course, keeping protesters and photographers at a distance. Occasionally, one could hear the thwack of a ball being hit from the tees.

At the perimeter to the golf links, there were small clusters of demonstrators. Helen Broussard, 70, a retired schoolteacher, was holding up an anti-Trump placard that read, “Yer jaiket’s oana shoogly peg, Donnie” — Your jacket is on a wobbly peg — roughly translated as “you are on your way out.”

“I came out to say that Donald Trump is not welcome in Scotland,” said Broussard, adding she was disgusted by Trump’s orders to separate children from their parents when caught illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border — a policy now on hold.

On a quiet country road nearby, a gaggle of protesters stood beside a large dog crate filled with dolls — charging that Trump put babies in cages.

“We’re not anti-American. We’re anti-Trump,” said Alistair Wilson, 67, a retired video producer.

As Trump tweeted and swung his clubs in Turnberry, demonstrators were also making their voices heard in Edinburgh, the Scottish capital. Thousands of protesters, some in kilts, met at the Scottish Parliament and marched through the streets chanting “Dump Trump.” Some held aloft signs that said “Even Hufflepuffs Dislike Trump,” a Harry Potter reference. The Trump baby blimp also made an appearance.

When Trump arrived via motorcade on Friday evening, locals came out of their homes to wave and take photographs. Reporters on the trip said they didn’t see a single sign of protest then.

In the hazy distance Saturday was Trump Turnberry, a 112-year-old Victorian-era grand hotel, situated on a hill with sweeping views of sea and Trump’s world-class Ailsa golf course, the site of a golf legend, the Duel in the Sun, the epic match won by Tom Watson by one stroke against runner-up Jack Nicklaus at the 1977 Open Championship.

Chris O’Donnell, a manager at the Athletic Tavern pub in nearby Girvan, said it was hard to judge the overall mood in the area. Trump provides jobs at his resort; the golf course is stunning; the Turnberry hotel, which was once shabby, has been renovated to the highest standards. But still, Scots generally don’t like the man or his politics.

“A lot of people are anti-Trump in some ways, and others are pro-Trump in some ways; it’s quite hard to judge it,” he said. “The people who are anti-Trump make lots of noise.”

I would just say I am today very proud of my British half. While Britain may have fucked up royally with the Brexit referendum, they're doing good now. Much love for them. 

"Trump, Having a Bawl in Europe"

Spoiler

WASHINGTON — I had dinner with Vladimir Putin once. He made me lose my appetite.

The then-fledgling president of Russia was polite and smiling at first with me and the other journalists present at the 21 Club.

But then Katie Couric asked about his bloodless behavior in the wake of the Kursk submarine disaster in the summer of 2000, when the boat sank and all 118 on board were killed. She pressed him on why he didn’t come back from vacation when all those Russian sailors were suffering and dying in the submarine at the bottom of the sea.

His face completely changed, almost as though he had ripped off a “Mission Impossible” mask. Suddenly, he stared coldly at Katie, every inch the minacious K.G.B. agent. He looked like Richard Widmark playing a psychotic thug in a ’50s film noir.

Just beneath the surface of the leader was a killer.

And thanks to the admonitions of his father, Donald Trump admires killers.

Trump hugging Putin even as Putin stabs at our democracy is an incomprehensible mystery.

Flummoxed and craven Republicans scramble to go along with a president who has turned the traditional heroes and villains of the G.O.P. topsy-turvy, berating our European allies, NATO, the N.F.L., the F.B.I. and the C.I.A., and canoodling with the mendacious and scheming Russians.

On the eve of the Helsinki summit, which Trump has arranged as a very intime pas de deux, it is still befuddling and alarming to watch him kowtow to Putin.

Maybe he is the Manchurian candidate, in need of a hypnotic tuneup. “Will Trump be meeting with his counterpart — or his handler?” Jonathan Chait asks in his New York cover story.

Perhaps it’s an Oedipal thing, that Putin reminds Trump of his authoritarian father. Possibly it’s blackmail or his fear of people suspecting that Russia saved his businesses.

Or maybe it is, as it so often is with Trump, the most puerile answer: He is affronted by the suggestion that he won his election illegitimately. This is, after all, a man who is still obsessing on the size of his inauguration crowd and how he won Wisconsin’s electoral votes and Ronald Reagan didn’t. (Except that Reagan did.)

So rather than accept the reality, laid out in detail by his own Justice Department, that we are in a dangerous cyberwar with Russia, the president did what he does best. The “Apricot Toddler,” as he was dubbed in Britain, pounds the high chair, makes messes, pushes buttons, stage-manages cliffhangers and filigrees his “labyrinth of lies,” as Jaron Lanier calls it.

Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, gave an interestingly timed press conference Friday that overshadowed Trump’s moment with the queen — a split-screen situation that must have really steamed him. It was as though they were sending a message to Trump before his Putin meeting Monday that “We’ve got our eye on you.”

Rosenstein said he briefed the president before Friday’s indictment of the 12 Russian agents — military officers who wouldn’t have made a move without Putin’s blessing. So if Trump got through his whole briefing, he would have been aware of this hair-raising fact: that on the same day in July 2016 that he publicly urged Russia to find Hillary Clinton’s “30,000 emails that are missing,” Russian hackers tried for the first time to break into her servers.

Even so, he was his usual blithe self about Russia in the news conference with Theresa May at Chequers. He knocked Robert Mueller’s “rigged witch hunt” and said that he would “firmly” ask Putin whether Russia meddled in our election, but that he doubted there would be any “Perry Mason” moment where Putin would break down and confess, saying, “Gee, I did it, I did it, you got me.”

But there is no question for Putin any more. The question now is for Trump: What are you going to do about the Russian attack on America?

Instead, as politicians on both sides of the aisle got increasingly nervous about the Helsinki Rendezvous With Perfidy, the White House put out a statement that was another masterpiece of idiocy designed to protect Trump’s gossamer ego:

“There is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.”

It’s hard to believe that the British have found someone to despise more than they despise George W. Bush and his poodle, Tony Blair. But they have. With their flair for satirical wit, they perfectly lampooned the loathed American president with “Trump Baby,” a 19-foot floating balloon in the shape of a wailing orange baby in a diaper holding a cellphone with Twitter on the screen.

There were dueling Trump babies — the real one and the blimp — when the president sucker punched his hostess. Trump gave Rupert Murdoch’s Sun an interview criticizing Prime Minister May on Brexit, threatening her on trade, praising her rival, Boris Johnson, and throwing in some white nationalist dog whistles as clotted cream on the crumpet.

Ever the Ugliest American, Trump tried his own version of crazy damage control at the Chequers news conference, declaring his taped Sun interview fake news and buttering the battered May with belated praise.

It is up for debate whether Donald Trump will be a sad aberration in American history, a mere blip. But, thanks to the cheeky citizens of London, he will always be a blimp.

It looks like the presiduncial Trade War is making MAGA more expensive.

Good grief.

How MAGA is it, when your oldest ally is sitting there literally laughing out loud at you?

31 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Cool perhaps Trump will sue Putin over the election meddling

@AmazonGrace, have you not taken leave of your senses yet? That sentiment is way too logical...

The presidunce showing off his stable genius.

Of course the thought never entered his mind... 

... because Russians aren't the real enemy. The EU on the other hand...

Trump labels the European Union a 'foe'

President Trump declared in an interview aired Sunday that the European Union "is a foe" because of its economic policies.

Asked by CBS News's Jeff Glor what he considers his biggest foe globally, Trump cited the European Union and its trade practices before mentioning Russia and China.

"I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe," Trump said from his golf course in Scotland.

"Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad," he continued. "It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive. They want to do well and we want to do well."

Trump in recent months has antagonized long-time U.S. allies -- targeting Canada, the European Union and the United Kingdom in interviews and trade policy.

Trump has also railed against EU trade policies for months. His administration earlier this year implemented steep tariffs on imports from the EU, prompting retaliatory measures from the European governing body.

Trump on Sunday suggested it was difficult for him to take a harsh stance against the European Union because "both my parents" were born there. While his mother was born in Scotland, his father, Frederick Trump, was born in New York. Trump's paternal grandfather was born in Germany.

"You know I love those countries. I respect the leaders of those countries," Trump told CBS. "But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us, and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills."

NATO members do not pay bills to the organization or to any one country. Instead, they are responsible for allocating a certain amount of their budget toward defense spending. Countries have agreed to spend 2 percent of their respective gross domestic products (GDP) by 2024.

However, Trump upended that agreement during last week's summit, first saying that countries should increase the goal to 4 percent. Not even the U.S. currently meets that percentage.

He later demanded that NATO members meet the 2 percent threshold "immediately" rather than gradually raise their contributions.

The president has raised eyebrows in recent weeks as he ratchets up attacks on European allies, while showing reluctance to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom he is scheduled to meet on Monday. 

I'm so proud of my country today! Also the "Mr, President, welcome to the land of free press" ad in English and Russian is made by Finland's biggest newspaper (Helsingin Sanomat). 

Although the London protest amazed me too! Brits have the best sense of humour :pb_lol: The pic below is probably my favourite, altough "After all, you're just a prick with no wall" was incredible too ;)

tumblr_pbt2jsNF3j1rkdbsho3_1280.jpg

I see no one in the royal family wanted to meet with fuck face.

http://deadstate.org/almost-all-of-the-royal-family-refused-to-meet-with-trump-during-his-u-k-visit/

According to a report from the London’s The Sunday Times, Prince Charles and Prince William refused to meet with President Trump during his visit to the U.K.

Probably another reason why Charles is hoping Mumsie doesn’t kick off too soon because he’ll probably have to go when he’s King Charles III. Hopefully fuck face will be out of office by then.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived